Gasquet / BYE

Simon / Berankis
Lacko / Donskoy
Devvarman / Gao
Murray / BYE

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope the Simon-Murray QF does not materialize. It will be a battle of counterpunchers
moving on to the following week.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
If Andy's taking this week seriously he must win the tournament despite a relatively strong field by 250 standards.

On the other hand, an early loss to say, Simon, might not be a disaster if he wants to go deep in Beijing and Shanghai, but early losses this week and next will not be good preparation for the Masters event.

I suppose we wait and see..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Winning a title always gives a player confidence; it does not matter whether it is a 250 event
or 125 event. Murray has not won a title (or even reached a final) for more than an year.
In that sense, this is a must win event for Murray to get some confidence and given him
some belief.

Best way things could turn out for Murray would be to win a title here (and get some
confidence), go out early in Beijing and then do very well in Shanghai (where more points
are at stake).

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Winning a title always gives a player confidence; it does not matter whether it is a 250 event
or 125 event. Murray has not won a title (or even reached a final) for more than an year.
In that sense, this is a must win event for Murray to get some confidence and given him
some belief.

Best way things could turn out for Murray would be to win a title here (and get some
confidence), go out early in Beijing and then do very well in Shanghai (where more points
are at stake).

I think he made Acapulco final and lost to grigor (or did he lose in the semis), either way the point still stands. Murray needs some sort of achievement to latch on to.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Viktor Troicki is through to the R16 in qualifications. Bit ridiculous to have so many qualifying rounds for a mickey mouse 250 event.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Riotbeard said:
GameSetAndMath said:
some belief.

are at stake).

I think he made Acapulco final and lost to grigor (or did he lose in the semis), either way the point still stands. Murray needs some sort of achievement to latch on to.

He lost a slog to Grigor, something like 6-7 7-5 7-6, in the semi finals. His only other SF this year, off the top of my head, was Roland Garros, bizarrely.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
If Andy's taking this week seriously he must win the tournament despite a relatively strong field by 250 standards.

On the other hand, an early loss to say, Simon, might not be a disaster if he wants to go deep in Beijing and Shanghai, but early losses this week and next will not be good preparation for the Masters event.

I suppose we wait and see..

At this stage of the year, not winning any tournaments so far, it's difficult for me to appreciate any scenario where NOT winning can be considered 'ok' for Murray. He has to get back to where he was. It's simply not good enough! I know it's a lot of pressure, but seriously.. if this was any of the big 3, would we be as understanding? I think not..

markus1

Club Member
Reactions
No excuses for Andy anymore. He should win this tournament even if the field is indeed pretty strong for a ATP 250 Event. There are no big servers in the draw so he'll have plenty of chances to get into the games and break.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Vasek Pospisil starts with a straight sets win over Gabashvili.
Hope he has a good tournament.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
Simon lost Troicki won

Simon could not clear the 1st round in a 250. Neither Monfils nor Tsonga could reach finals
in Metz. These are the guys who are going to give tough fight to Swiss in DC finals. :laydownlaughing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
isabelle said:
Simon lost Troicki won

Simon could not clear the 1st round in a 250. Neither Monfils nor Tsonga could reach finals
in Metz. These are the guys who are going to give tough fight to Swiss in DC finals. :laydownlaughing

Maybe their saving themselves!

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuURC_ci5oo[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FD4V2jTDCs[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YBe1dSIuy0[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_MK4nuqrs[/video]

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
herios said:
Vasek Pospisil starts with a straight sets win over Gabashvili.
Hope he has a good tournament.

Not to be, lost today, tough three setter. He was seeded 7 here. I checked the H2H, he has never beaten Monaco

It seems it went down-hill for him since the final in DC.