Sharapova fails drug test

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know what kind of program this is, but she would never be able to pass the regular MBA classes. I have several friends who went to Harvard Biz School, and it is tough. The cheater is nowhere near smart enough. I am guessing she made a big donation to get accepted. Probably Eisenbud's idea.

If she does go, the first thing she should learn is that an athlete claiming a family history of diabetes should not open a candy business. What an idiot.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
10isfan said:
I don't know what kind of program this is, but she would never be able to pass the regular MBA classes. I have several friends who went to Harvard Biz School, and it is tough. The cheater is nowhere near smart enough. I am guessing she made a big donation to get accepted. Probably Eisenbud's idea.

If she does go, the first thing she should learn is that an athlete claiming a family history of diabetes should not open a candy business. What an idiot.
its a publicity stunt.:rolleyes:..she is not at Wimbledon and will do anything to get attention.She made her meldonium bed she might as well sleep in it...
She comes off as desperate for any attention..thank goodness there will not be any hooting at Wimbledon..Vika is not there...dopapova not there..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I doubt it will be the regular MBA program or even the executive MBA program.

Lots of professional football and basketball players earn millions of dollars during their career, yet more than half of them go bankrupt after just few years following the end of their careers, due to their "friends" and lifestyle. It is possible that Harvard has a program aimed at professional athletes titled "How not to waste hundreds of millions of dollars in just couple of years?". May be Meldopova is taking that.

But, Meldopova has a genuine business interest. She planned to become a business magnet after retiring. So, it is also possible that she really want to learn the ins and outs of real business. But, even then it cannot possibly a regular MBA program. It will be something like a six month crash course titled "Business for Dummies".

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
Blimey, the Sun calls her Shazza. So, what would happen if Shazza met Gazza (Paul Gascoigne) ?

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Meldopova to study business at Harvard while in exile.
a lot of atheletes do this business program in their off seasons...nothing special.Dwayne Wade did it last season and Tyra Banks did it a while ago.She is desperate for attention...
She made her bed now she is lying in it...#meldonium
no one really cares about this drug cheat except for her loyal fans...:nono

Unlike Maria I believe that Tyra earned an MBA.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Have you guys notice none of the commentators talk about her anymore? It's like she has fallen off the face of the earth to the commentators or never existed.

K

KatrinaMoore

special700 said:
Have you guys notice none of the commentators talk about her anymore? It's like she has fallen off the face of the earth to the commentators or never existed.

I have noticed that also. It is going to be interesting to see if they mention her during Wimbledon

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tenfan63 said:
special700 said:

I have noticed that also. It is going to be interesting to see if they mention her during Wimbledon
they want the world to believe that she is on an injury break...if this was Serena she will be o the mouth of every commentator during a Kucova and Meldonova match.
They must have got the same memo that the WTA players got..#dontspeak

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
Has Tracy Austin said anything about Sharapova ? She used to be a supporter and said that Maria was "very bright and very well spoken".

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Lots of professional football and basketball players earn millions of dollars during their career, yet more than half of them go bankrupt after just few years following the end of their careers, due to their "friends" and lifestyle. It is possible that Harvard has a program aimed at professional athletes titled "How not to waste hundreds of millions of dollars in just couple of years?". May be Meldopova is taking that.

But, Meldopova has a genuine business interest. She planned to become a business magnet after retiring. So, it is also possible that she really want to learn the ins and outs of real business. But, even then it cannot possibly a regular MBA program. It will be something like a six month crash course titled "Business for Dummies".

First of all don't you have to have an undergrad degree before you can tackel an MBA? When did she acquire an undergrad degree? Let's take it a step further - did she even graduate from high school.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
special700 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

First of all don't you have to have an undergrad degree before you can tackel an MBA? When did she acquire an undergrad degree? Let's take it a step further - did she even graduate from high school.

Good point. I am sure she does not have an undergraduate degree. I don't know whether she graduated from high school. She might have as it is possible to do so without attending a regular school (by home tutoring and taking exams and some such stuff).

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
thats what the dopa wants you all to do...talk about her.She should call Kim Kardashian about keeping herself relevant.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Having trained in FL as a youngster, I am sure she has a high school degree, but nothing beyond that. Even the high school degree has no true value because athletes don't really study or learn anything. They spend a required number of hours per week sitting in class.

I am surprised Austin said Pova is smart. There are many, many people who did not go far in school yet are smart (Andy Murray and Davenport being examples), but Pova is not one of them.

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
10isfan said:
Having trained in FL as a youngster, I am sure she has a high school degree, but nothing beyond that. Even the high school degree has no true value because athletes don't really study or learn anything. They spend a required number of hours per week sitting in class.

I am surprised Austin said Pova is smart. There are many, many people who did not go far in school yet are smart (Andy Murray and Davenport being examples), but Pova is not one of them.

That was in 2004 that Austin said that. I wonder if she has said anything a bit different more recently. Pova to self medicate with Meldo and not look at the WADA list at all is so dumb it is almost unbelievable.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
10isfan said:

I believe Lindsey graduated from a regular high so and she even attended her prom.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
thats what the dopa wants you all to do...talk about her.She should call Kim Kardashian about keeping herself relevant.

Do you think that she will cheat and copy from the other students:laydownlaughing

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tossip said:

Do you think that she will cheat and copy from the other students:laydownlaughing
:snicker...she is still in denial about the ban.She will get answers via email..:popcorn

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
She'll be missed: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2016/06/27/wimbledon-begins-with-a-noticeable-maria-sharapova-shaped-hole/

Most people wanted her to be sucked into an alternate universe.