Sharapova fails drug test

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sharapova owed apology from WADA, her lawyer says

3nBk02GWzIxj23w7n-oTNTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Maria Sharapova's lawyer has blasted WADA chief Craig Reedie for making remarks about the five-times grand slam champion at a conference in London on Monday and said the Russian tennis player was owed an apology.

Story: http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-tennis-sharapova-idUKKCN0Z62KN

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Justice, whether in the eyes of WADA or a court, must be blind, including being blind to a player's earnings," Maria's lawyer Haggerty said in a statement.

This is new... in the hearing it was made clear how much of a hit Maria would take financially as part of the defence plea. I guess it doesn't work both ways in the eyes of Mr Haggerty.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
She is stupid. It's the Meldo wot made her an idiot. Only a moron would run a doping regime with her dad getting pills and no look at the WADA list and no time to clear it from her body. She deserve wot she got coz she is dumb. If you gonna cheat, at least do it properly. Anyone who gets caught is stupid.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Lol! Personally I can't stand her, but my goodness.. she's a looker. You don't have to be nice to be beautiful. Sometimes it makes you more alluring if you're a bit nasty :D

Reactions: britbox

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
^Lol! Personally I can't stand her, but my goodness.. she's a looker. You don't have to be nice to be beautiful. Sometimes it makes you more alluring if you're a bit nasty :D

What! That alluring part is spoken like a true man. I don't see it at all. They did this episode on TTC before she got big and I thought, why are they marketing this girl so much. It'll never work, LOL!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What! That alluring part is spoken like a true man. I don't see it at all. They did this episode on TTC before she got big and I thought, why are they marketing this girl so much. It'll never work, LOL!

haha! True. But we can only be true to our nature. And the girl is fine. Cannot stand her though

Reactions: Tennis Fan

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
haha! True. But we can only be true to our nature. And the girl is fine. Cannot stand her though

Well, I definitely learned something today from some men's perspectives. Nasty can be alluring. I might would try that if I wanted a man. As it stands, I'm done!!! LOL!

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
well the russians are not going to the Olympics...tough titty

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Maria wants apology from WADA chief . This time it looks like she has a point. The WADA chief made stupid remark.

The funny things is that one of the arguments put forward by their lawyer in her defense in front of the tribunal is that even with a small amount of ban time, the consequences will be large for her, she being a top ranked player and highest paid female athlete in the world. After that did not work,
now they are playing "justice must be blind to the money of the player". They want to have it both ways.

Having said that WADA chief could have been diplomatic, at least until the CAS verdict comes out.

Actually WADA has not chosen to appeal the verdict given by the tribunal and so they are not a direct party involved, neither in the appeal case nor in the appear. They just did the testing, that's all. Hence, it is tough to imagine that Meldopova can get mileage out of WADA chief's stupidity.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:

That ruling does not directly affect Dominatrix. That automatic ban is applied to track and field athletes only.

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
What happened to the Maria like wot she was before she got loads of money and doped up to the eyeballs and turned into a robotic moron by the drugs ? She used to be nice and kind and sweet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onjoQeFnvWg

Now she's a stuck-up cow and drug taker.

She got corrupted by money and drugs.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
tossip said:

That ruling does not directly affect Dominatrix. That automatic ban is applied to track and field athletes only.
well..pova has a 2 year ban that automatically rules her out of the Olympics...plus field events include tennis..:popcorn

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
GameSetAndMath said:
tossip said:

well..pova has a 2 year ban that automatically rules her out of the Olympics...plus field events include tennis..:popcorn

1. As we all know that two year ban is under appeal.
  2. tennis is a sport and is not a track and field event.

Having said that, I don't think Meldopova will be allowed to go to Rio as her ban won't get reduced that substantially, even if it were reduced.

PaintMaria

Club Member
Reactions
But she did not have tests showing a blood flow problem to the heart. She was not referred to a cardiologist for heart tests. It was claimed she took the Meldo to prevent heart problems due to the magnesium deficiency, as a precaution.
He got that wrong. http://www.10sballs.com/2016/06/23/reedies-sharapova-comments-a-disgrace-by-richard-evans/

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Meldopova to study business at Harvard while in exile.
a lot of atheletes do this business program in their off seasons...nothing special.Dwayne Wade did it last season and Tyra Banks did it a while ago.She is desperate for attention...
She made her bed now she is lying in it...#meldonium
no one really cares about this drug cheat except for her loyal fans...:nono