Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Riley Gaines it’s a superhero! And that democrat woman is the problem with the west today. No common sense, no integrity, no brain.

Reactions: Front242 and tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Saturday Night Live is a kind of lefty institution, a favourite echo chamber for the humourless. They decided to do a sketch about the appearance of major universities presidents before congress.

But what SNL found to be funny isn’t what you might think. They lampooned the indignant Republican Congress woman who tried to push these insane women to find some morality and condemn anti-semitism.

Very funny. Big joke. Hilarious. And of course if the presidents of these same failed institutions had forgiven and encouraged genocide of blacks or Muslims, this sketch wouldn’t be made..

• Sad
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
We’ve been told that men have no say when a woman decides to have an abortion. Does this extend to giving babies away for adoption without the consent of the father?? How far do these female privileges go and how the fuck can this be called a patriarchy. Asking for a friend…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Saturday Night Live is a kind of lefty institution, a favourite echo chamber for the humourless. They decided to do a sketch about the appearance of major universities presidents before congress.

But what SNL found to be funny isn’t what you might think. They lampooned the indignant Republican Congress woman who tried to push these insane women to find some morality and condemn anti-semitism.

Very funny. Big joke. Hilarious. And of course if the presidents of these same failed institutions had forgiven and encouraged genocide of blacks or Muslims, this sketch wouldn’t be made..

I have to believe that even their core audience would have noticed the complete miss on that one:facepalm:

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
this might be the stupidest and most racist tweet I've ever seen. And this isn't hyperbole:face-with-symbols-on-mouth::facepalm:

• Angry
Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Surely she meant ‘entertain’ not ‘make uncomfortable’? Do these people understand that the goal is to make a commercial product that people want to buy??? I really don’t understand anymore. If Eiger sanctions this Disney deserves the flop they’ll get

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
when are these fools going to realise Dave Chapelle can't be cancelled!? :face-with-tears-of-joy:Didn't know there was an epidemic of transgenders impregnating female prisoners in California:facepalm:

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
In light of the catastrophic appearance of the presidents of formerly prestigious American universities in congress, I thought that this might be interesting. This is the ranking of universities regarding practice and attitudes to free speech, speaker cancellations etc. Unsurprisingly the two worst universities for free speech are Harvard and UPenn. Yale isn’t much better…

Overall rankings and methodology

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was in a book shop in Dublin the other day when I came across this pleasant little splash of erudition and appreciation for high culture:

IMG_1455.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

“Anti-Black Comedy.” :popcorn
IMG_1454.jpeg

The conclusion:

IMG_1456.jpeg

We can thank the left - and no doubt, the DIE Initiative - for this Kendi-esque inability to think straight…

• Sad
Reactions: shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In light of the catastrophic appearance of the presidents of formerly prestigious American universities in congress, I thought that this might be interesting. This is the ranking of universities regarding practice and attitudes to free speech, speaker cancellations etc. Unsurprisingly the two worst universities for free speech are Harvard and UPenn. Yale isn’t much better…

Overall rankings and methodology
I can see and completely understand a lot of Ivy League schools are at the bottom of this list. What is utterly shocking to me is that my alma mater, the University of Florida, is also ranked in the "poor" category and is in the bottom 20. Not all what I anticipated as when I was there conversations and debates with differing viewpoints was a commonplace occurrence. But, that was 40 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised that the University of Chicago is one of the top 10 schools in the country for a robust debate about ideas and how ideas have consequences. Thanks for posting, brother Kieran.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I can see and completely understand a lot of Ivy League schools are at the bottom of this list. What is utterly shocking to me is that my alma mater, the University of Florida, is also ranked in the "poor" category and is in the bottom 20. Not all what I anticipated as when I was there conversations and debates with differing viewpoints was a commonplace occurrence. But, that was 40 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised that the University of Chicago is one of the top 10 schools in the country for a robust debate about ideas and how ideas have consequences. Thanks for posting, brother Kieran.
It’s interesting going into the View School Details link in each school to see what troubles them, where they’re good, what the students are saying, etc. A lot of them are made anxious by a lack of tolerance and diversity of opinions. They feel nervous about sharing their views, and especially after October 7, if they’re Jewish. I wasn’t aware that this was such a problem on campus until the presidents of UPenn and Harvard sat smirking in Congress, as if it was a joke…

• Sad
Reactions: shawnbm

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Claudine Gay blaming race :yawningface: and everything else for her incompetence and malice as president of Harvard. She still retains a tenure position worth $880,000 a year.

Interestingly, when Gay was part of the stitch-up that got Roland Fryer suspended on trumped up charges, she also tried to get him removed as a tenured professor. It would have been the first time since the American civil war that Harvard removed tenure-ship from anybody. This didn’t matter to the recently exposed DIE bigot. He didn’t believe as she does about race, so she tried to make him pay.

$880,000 a year for this mediocrity… :facepalm:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Can’t argue with that. It was always an example of why DIE is a bad idea: would you allow an incompetent surgeon open your skull, just they’re black? You’d be mad to. Add the airplanes to the endless list where meritocracy matters…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can’t argue with that. It was always an example of why DIE is a bad idea: would you allow an incompetent surgeon open your skull, just they’re black? You’d be mad to. Add the airplanes to the endless list where meritocracy matters…
just been told that there's a story about a blind pilot that was hired for DEI purposes. Ableism apparently. Don't know if it's true. If it's true and I find out which airline I will NEVER use them

• Haha
Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
just been told that there's a story about a blind pilot that was hired for DEI purposes. Ableism apparently. Don't know if it's true. If it's true and I find out which airline I will NEVER use them
The insane thing is that this is both funny - and it sounds true too. We’ll have premier league teams having to pick some unfortunate bloke in a wheelchair to prove they’re allies, with a tranny in goal - pulling his balls out of the net…

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 990
britbox World Affairs 8139