Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nasdaq has diversity as a requirement if companies want to be listed. There’s so many things wrong with this policy, but it’s in vogue, and nobody wants the unthinking mob branding them as bigots in public. I think Nasdaq got ahead of the posse, to signal their virtue. I can only imagine this is the case, nobody who is serious about freedom and right of businesses to compete on their own terms could hamstring others in this way.

From their own website:

U.S. court upholds Nasdaq board diversity rule

The rule requires companies to have one director who identifies as female, a member of an underrepresented racial or ethnic minority, or LGBTQ+ by the end of this year or explain why they do not. Companies would generally need two diverse directors to satisfy the rule by 2026.

• Wow
Reactions: shawnbm and tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
not sure to be honest. Saw the tweet and posted it :)
Yeah, I couldn’t find any information about the pilot and copilot, other than their being given additional training, which doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I’m not saying they’re not part of an under-qualified group of people United hired, but I’m also not saying they definitely are.

Reactions: Federberg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is the depravity the left would have us think is okay, nothing to see here, the kids will be fine… :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
We need a different way of expressing this, which I’m also guilty of doing. I’m a Democrat, and on the Left, but I do not approve of this at all. I guess “Radical Left”? Not everyone on the Left thinks a 50-year-old man swimming and competing with teenage girls is acceptable. I‘m tempted to go with “Fascist Left” given the effect on free speech some behavior has had. It bristles me when all of the Left and all of the Right are pigeon holed and grouped together as two groups acting monolithically.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We need a different way of expressing this, which I’m also guilty of doing. I’m a Democrat, and on the Left, but I do not approve of this at all. I guess “Radical Left”? Not everyone on the Left thinks a 50-year-old man swimming and competing with teenage girls is acceptable. I‘m tempted to go with “Fascist Left” given the effect on free speech some behavior has had. It bristles me when all of the Left and all of the Right are pigeon holed and grouped together as two groups acting monolithically.
Well said, brother!

Reactions: shawnbm and tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
just been told that there's a story about a blind pilot that was hired for DEI purposes. Ableism apparently. Don't know if it's true. If it's true and I find out which airline I will NEVER use them
the blind pilot thing is a parody praise the lord!

• Haha
Reactions: El Dude

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I listened to the Morning Joe Podcast today, and the topic of Taylor Swift and incels came up. It was a fascinating discussion. This reminds me of when Dennis Prager went on the Bill Maher show years ago and talked about men identifying as women. Bill Maher looked at him as if he was crazy and made jokes at his expense. Look where we are now, Bill Maher talks about the nuttiness of progressives with all this gender identification stuff and the decline of the great American university. I feel like the same thing is happening with all this incel talk. It's very easy to just dismiss the travails of men and create pejorative terms to talk about disaffected young men and misogyny. It really made me shake my head. You can go on TikTok and listen to radicalised feminists talk about killing or castrating men and the videos are permitted. The moment a man or woman describes a woman as fat the poster is demonetised and punished. This is where we are. Yet we're told that the world is filled with misogyny. Misandry is overlooked, applauded, permitted in an era where the number one killer of men under the age of 40 is suicide. Let that sink in. I suspect in another few years we'll finally start looking at this as a real issue. It's so sad...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1707771363883.jpeg

Reactions: tented and Front242

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I urge everyone to watch this. Not political. A young women speaking about her concerns for her generation

Reactions: Kieran

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have never had any doubts about this and all one needs to do is study the increase in this and all things LGBTQPI+ since smartphones and social media exploded in the last fifteen to twenty years. I will never forget kids who were in eighth grade telling me it was "cool to be gay and all that" in their school. Social construct fed by the relentless world of instagram, tik-tok and other platforms on phones.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Going to have to find time to peruse this report..

Last edited:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ would love to read it as well--not the Labour Party histrionics.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 990
britbox World Affairs 8143