Serious PC thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So sad that our society has become what it has in just ten years. Staggering it is. This kind of crap is what happens when affluent, post-modernist societies have too much leisure time and access to things that pollute the mind and soul. Show me someone in poorer regions of the world who fixate on victimization and pronouns being honored for fear of being offended or as a type of hate crime, and I submit they will be well off, affluent folks there who have access to this drivel and are likewise contaminated.
and the solution is? We get the society we deserve old friend. The vast majority of people grumbling about it, will do little else but grumble. They won't get off their arse and do a damn thing. It's hard to keep someone's attention span for more than 5 minutes. We are actually witnessing what has been written into treaties, government policies... nobody wants to look because it's too "tiring" and gets in the way of the next Netflix box series or football match, or earning a bit of cash. Apathy ~ Sloth.

The real question you need to ask is What are YOU doing about it?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I bring it up when I see it and hope I have raised my kids to recognize what this is and to stand up against it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
How are these people not fired from their leadership positions at these universities?? I will be shocked if major Jewish donors don't stop the taps after this...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Every one of these presidents in formerly prestigious American universities remind me of the idiot professor who screeched at senator Hawley about men becoming pregnant. They strike me as being diversity appointments, and not capable administrators.

This woman smirks at every example of anti-semitism encouraged under her watch. She gets owned here:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Such an indictment of this era. And also social media platforms

PS I’m no reality tv watcher but even I heard of this. I invite you to Google her and you’ll see the interactions that caused such a storm in the U.K.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
So one of the lousy presidents of formerly prestigious universities in America had resigned after her pantomime smirking performance at Congress where she said it’s okay to call for genocide against Jews.

University of Pennsylvania president resigns after furor over free speech and antisemitism

There were 3 others who similarly thought it was okay. My God, when I was growing up these places were the gold standard of education. Now they’re been hacked and overrun by idiot students, administrated by far left activists, and exposing themselves for what they are in the US Congress.

I believe the president of Harvard has issued some form of apology. It ought not to be enough to save her.

I still think these women are diversity appointments and not there in merit. They can’t be!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Such an indictment of this era. And also social media platforms

PS I’m no reality tv watcher but even I heard of this. I invite you to Google her and you’ll see the interactions that caused such a storm in the U.K.

“Video currently unavailable” — do you know of another version? Or other info which could be used to find one?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I believe the president of Harvard has issued some form of apology. It ought not to be enough to save her.

Is this a form of cancel culture? Banishing her for something she said?

I agree with your opinion of them. I watched some of their statements and was appalled.

I have to say, I’ve been completely blindsided by the antisemitism in the wake of the Hamas attacks. I (naively, I guess) thought we were largely beyond that. I know not completely. I live about two minutes from Tree of Life Congregation, and am friends with people whose relatives were killed that day. So I get that antisemitism is still around. But I didn’t think I would see it demonstrated in such large numbers, and especially not at universities/colleges.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Is this a form of cancel culture? Banishing her for something she said?

I agree with your opinion of them. I watched some of their statements and was appalled.

I have to say, I’ve been completely blindsided by the antisemitism in the wake of the Hamas attacks. I (naively, I guess) thought we were largely beyond that. I know not completely. I live about two minutes from Tree of Life Congregation, and am friends with people whose relatives were killed that day. So I get that antisemitism is still around. But I didn’t think I would see it demonstrated in such large numbers, and especially not at universities/colleges.
The idiots who are demonstrating, by the way, do not demonstrate in any numbers at all against the treatment of the Uighir Muslims in China. This is how we know that any protests in favour of Hamas/Palestine are anti-semitism. Once there’s Jews involved, it brings them out.

There’s endless examples of Muslims mistreating Muslims on a larger scale in the ME, and these receive tumbleweeds.

But it’s not cancel culture for what she said - it’s not like she misgendered the burly bloke and called him sir - much as that she ought to resign for what she didn’t say, and for what she encouraged the students to do. The presidents of these universities all know that it was pointed out to them that there’s no free speech for conservatives on their campus, for example, or that if somebody called for the genocide of blacks that this wouldn’t be allowed.

They also know that some Jewish students were physically attacked and feel unsafe. If a student is misgendered they’d take action, but 20,000 students call for the genocide of Jews, this is okay because of “context” and the fact that their words didn’t translate into action.

‘Action’ in this case being that the students kill all Jews in the University then travel the globe killing all Jews?

For this, she has to resign. She’s an administrator whose job is to protect students - she clearly doesn’t mind attacks on Jews - and to control students when their activities cause them to threaten others…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a giant step backwards;

Blasphemy laws have returned to Denmark

[in] 2005..After cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed were published in Jyllands-Posten, a global campaign from Indonesia to Bosnia demanded that the Danish authorities take action. The government stood firm and the judicial complaint against the newspaper was dismissed.

In a free society this is the only justifiable response, albeit one that takes considerable courage. And the climate of intimidation that has descended since is a product of our collective failure to defend freedom of speech against the demands of militants.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
let's just say.. if legal action can be taken for mis-gendering, then for damn sure blasphemy laws are viable. Get rid of both I say, but if we're going to keep one? I'll keep the blasphemy laws
I agree, get rid of both. It’s a thin edge of the wedge allowing blasphemy laws like this. The only religion that voted against getting rid of the blasphemy law in Ireland a few years ago was Islam, through their activist organisation over here. They’ll look at all sorts of ways to be offended with laws like this, as we’ve seen from their reactions to the funny pages…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

DEI College Director Fired for Not Being 'Right Kind of Black Person'

From Newsweek. It was bound to happen, when identity politics is taken to its natural conclusion. There’s a right way to be black. Joe Biden intuited this when he insulted a black man to his face by telling him that if you don’t know who to vote for in this election, “you ain’t black.”

From the article;

The lawsuit says that she "objected to racial stereotypes peddled by Defendants that targeted both White and Black Americans, bizarrely celebrating Blacks as incapable of objectivity, individualism, efficiency, progress, and other grossly demeaning stereotypes, while condemning Whites for promoting these same values, which Defendants label 'colonialism' and 'White supremacy.'"

And naturally the article says the college has a problem with anti-semitism. It seems rampant in universities and colleges in America, I’d say mainly because they’re controlled by the far left:

"I was elevating the wrong people," others allegedly said, according to Lee. "They called and referred to Jewish people as white oppressors. I had brought speakers into the campus to do antisemitism education and Jewish inclusion education, based on community members coming directly to us and saying they had concerns about our Jewish students at our school."

• Wow
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I highly encourage all to watch this discussion. It's about the DEI bureaucracies in elite universities. I was particularly disturbed by the parallels Niall Ferguson was able to find with the great German universities (best in the world at the time) in the 1920s. Woke people... I beg you.. listen before it's too late. This is a path already trodden with terrible consequences...

Reactions: tented and Kieran

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It's an interesting piece and a cursory reminder of how totalitarian states come to pass. Focus on an "enemy", make them a scapegoat and build a national or supra-national unity for a wider perceived purpose to cure the "ills".

This doesn't start and end with Jews by any means. The Red Bolshevik Terror of Russia probably disposed of 10 times the number of people (largely Christian) in comparison to the Nazi death count (which is illegal to research let alone question in some countries), Mao's death trail in China took care of 50 million or so (a conservative guess). The Vatican's murder of the Cathars based on supposed world population figures at the time, make all these seem like a picnic. Nobody owns the license to victimhood by genocide.

These are a few examples of countless events... you only have to look at world population figures, reproduction algorithms in relation to "official history" to realise nothing makes any logical mathematical sense.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 990
britbox World Affairs 8143