Roland Garros / French Open [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Murray no match for Stan's power.
If he keeps playing like that we will see him against Austro-Ugarska.
Maybe he will beat mighty Beč and get the honour to be eaten alive in the SF against the builder!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Players are freezing, putting jackets and towels over their bodies during changeover.

Reactions: Fiero425

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Always nice to see Wawrinka easily outplay and completely overpower feeble players.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Wow Diego is playing huge. No problems with the conditions!

Reactions: 10isfan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
These conditions also favor Stan.

I'm afraid there are going to be some sore arms from trying to "hit thru" these conditions of dampness, chill in the air, and furious winds! I can't relate to their discomfort! I lived and played in Chicago most of my life and this is nothing! I've been out there in long pants, gloves, and a scarf with snow on the court and gusting winds off the fk'n lake! "Get over it b!tches!" :lulz1:

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm afraid there are going to be some sore arms from trying to "hit thru" these conditions of dampness, chill in the air, and furious winds! I can't relate to their discomfort! I lived and played in Chicago most of my life and this is nothing! I've been out there in long pants, gloves, and a scarf with snow on the court and gusting winds off the fk'n lake! "Get over it b!tches!" :lulz1:

I come from the land of the sun so I cannot relate at all :)

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Londero - Delbonis traveled to some kind of parallel universe in which no one is able to hold their serve. It is 10 all in 5th set and they lost serve like 6 times in a row or something. Fun tennis though :D

Reactions: Bonaca

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Londero wins 14:12 after 4h 54 mins. Last set lasted like a movie, 111 mins. I nailed this draw challlenge pick :)

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev digged himself out of the hole in first set after chasing 5:2 and won match in straight sets. Zverev from a year ago would most likely play 5 sets here. He looks more calm and relaxed on court now.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fun fact. Checinato-Deminaur played 2 games in 2nd set more than half an hour, 56 points were played in those 2 games :exploding-head: Cechinato has woken up after 2 years of continious loses.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have never been a fan of Mats Wilander as a player,now as a commentator,

"I worry about Andy Murray,giving us a false sense of hope he's going to come back one day.
Does he have a right to be out there taking wild cards from young players?."

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
stan wasted murray..ho hum.
sinner roars to glorious victory, and some other 1999 bloke beats jchardy 10-8 in the 5th

weather is going down the fooking toilet in midweek. stormy autumn low..gonna get messy.

Last edited:
  • Sad

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
do we call the mighty nish "ironman" now ?..with his epic 5set record enhanced yet again..

irronic considering all his injuries. maybe he eats radioactive food from fukushima giving him special 5th set powers.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have never been a fan of Mats Wilander as a player,now as a commentator,

"I worry about Andy Murray,giving us a false sense of hope he's going to come back one day.
Does he have a right to be out there taking wild cards from young players?."
Murray got a bad pull first round. He is a great champion and has every right to close out his career as he likes.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After match with Nishikori,

"Some of those balls we were using you wouldn't give a dog to chew."
I have no idea what they were thinking by adding heavy balls to what would obviously be heavy conditions. Didn't enough change this year?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have no idea what they were thinking by adding heavy balls to what would obviously be heavy conditions. Didn't enough change this year?

Playing on clay we always used light balls? I remember when Rafa played in slow ,heavy and rainy conditions in a final at RG,years ago,the balls were light.Other players have also complained about the balls being heavier than needed.I have no idea what the official were thinking with changing the balls.....hopefully next year RG will be in its rightful place in the summer.Most of the tour is played in the various countries in summer.....of course we can also look at a positive, players are grateful that the USO and RG went ahead.,with soo many tournaments had to be cancelled due to covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.