Roland Garros / French Open 2023 [Women] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AF I know you are a 'closet Sabalenka fan' :)
Who do you think will win this years RG
Draw is tomorrow btw
I know the powers of Kskate Crystal Ball still I feel Swiatek is the player to beat, if her thigh injury has healed
I would love to see Ons Jabeur win RG, she has the game for it, though again injury has struck her at the wrong time.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
AF I know you are a 'closet Sabalenka fan' :)
Who do you think will win this years RG
Draw is tomorrow btw
I know the powers of Kskate Crystal Ball still I feel Swiatek is the player to beat, if her thigh injury has healed
I would love to see Ons Jabeur win RG, she has the game for it, though again injury has struck her at the wrong time.
Both #1 seeds to win

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
The draw sets up well for Sabalenka. Iga might have to play Krejcikova, Gauff, and Rybakina just to reach the finals.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ouch. Sofia Kenin lost in the 1st round of qualifying to WC Margaux Rouvroy who is ranked somewhere near 280 in straight sets.

Having beaten Sabalenka in the last couple of weeks I thought Sofia might get alot of confidence mojo from that.
I think she had a ban somewhere between her slam and last year, because her rise and fall is puzzling.

• Wow

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Andrescu is playing Klinaskaya.I don't see her winning this match.Its about time she works on her fitness..

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I found this statement from Jim Courier ( who I am not a fan of ) speaking of player that may do well at RG this year

" Coco deserves to be in that discussion, given her run last year. She's having some difficulties in singles right now.The doubles court has been a safe harbor for her to keep confidence. Hopefully that will give her another good run in Paris".
Well..you never know.I remember certain players would struggle during the season but come alive at big events.Some players benefit from that day off.I remember Venus playing horribly at RG losing to Karantecheva but went on to win Wimbledon.Some players are already tired before RG starts,and remember Serena saying that it's important to peak at the slams.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well..you never know.I remember certain players would struggle during the season but come alive at big events.Some players benefit from that day off.I remember Venus playing horribly at RG losing to Karantecheva but went on to win Wimbledon.Some players are already tired before RG starts,and remember Serena saying that it's important to peak at the slams.
Hey Tossip
Agree with Serena thoughts it is important to peak at slams, a draw is on paper only and yes anything can happen in a tournament

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some quick news

Paula Badosa has withdrawn from RG, struggling with a back issue, I saw her with tape on her back at Rome, just has she was getting some good results as well, I wish her a speedy recovery

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Projected QFs ( if the seeds hold)

(1) Swiatek vs Gauff (6)
(4) Rybakina vs Jabeur (7)
(8) Sakkari vs Pegula (3)
(5) Garcia vs Sabalenka (2)
Garcia is struggling with confidence ,and players are going to make Iga run just to test that knee.This draw has lots of grenades and any seeded player can lose to qualifiers or unseeded players.I want to be surprised at this event..I am hoping for a surprise win by Keys..