Roland Garros / French Open 2023 [Women] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga only lost 1 set all tournament and that was in the final today
I picked her to win RG this year from the start of the tournament, when she is down, plays clutch tennis, especially at RG.
Well done Iga! and also well done to Karolina you pushed Iga all the way to win her 3rd title at RG

Reactions: TheSicilian

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So hard to defeat Iga on this surface she down she just goes clutch and wins, she is an incredible player on clay, reminds me of Henin in a lot of ways
I didn't give a Roger Federer comments to the umpire at the USO 09 about Henin ..I think Muchova will do well at Wimbledon if she can control her first serve. She is a fighter and I like her game better than Ons..just my opinion

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't give a Roger Federer comments to the umpire at the USO 09 about Henin ..I think Muchova will do well at Wimbledon if she can control her first serve. She is a fighter and I like her game better than Ons..just my opinion
Agree, Muchova's game is made for grass, as long as she can stay healthy watch out for her in the grass season with her new ranking of 14, best career ranking to date

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Poor miss Lil Bit. She didn't play her best tennis against the female magician S.W. Hsieh.. Taylor is having a fantastic heart to heart with her. They're going to be in plenty of doubles finals. the big stage sometimes is just to big for some folks and apparently it seemed today again for Miss Lil Bit and Taylor. Congratulations to winners they played fantastic and BETTER. That's tennis

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to SW.Hsieh/ X Wang the Ladies Doubles Champions defeating T/Townsend/L.Fernandez (10) 16 76(5) 61
BTW Hsieh wins yet another slam title, her 5th, after a long break from competition

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I didn't get to see the match ..what was going on with TT
She expended most of her energy in set one.She really wanted this one,but has to manage her game.She should enter a grasscourt event to keep up the momentum.She has made some euros now she can afford to stay in Europe until Wimbledon.She has to get her ranking up enough to play the 250 events.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I forgot to mention, a 15 year old from Russia Alina Korneeva, won the girls singles junior title, backing up her AO junior singles title earlier this year, interested to see how she performs on grass.