Roland Garros / French Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Great to see you back, Brat Serbian. Where do you’s all go and hide? You should spend your next downtime studying tennis from before Djokovic. If nothing else, it’ll make a tennis fan of you…

Tennis is not the only thing in life.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud on reaching back to back Roland Garros finals ( source Tennis Letter)

" It was a nice 2 weeks, nice to feel I could perform under pressure. Losing 1000 ATP points would not have been fun for the rankings. I've learned that last year wasn't a coincidence and I have more experience at Roland Garros".

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud on reaching back to back Roland Garros finals ( source Tennis Letter)

" It was a nice 2 weeks, nice to feel I could perform under pressure. Losing 1000 ATP points would not have been fun for the rankings. I've learned that last year wasn't a coincidence and I have more experience at Roland Garros".
He performed under pressure?

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes I found that statement a bit worrying, maybe he was thinking about the whole tournament, I must say he played better against Rune under pressure, he really didnt face much pressure from Sasha, though he could not compete under pressure against Novak.
I think both Rune and Charley get a pass, they’re both young, we can’t expect them all to be like Rafa or Pete aged 19, and Charley already is the most dangerous 20 year old we know of, but they’re both still growing. Rune going to 5 against Musetti is something he’ll grow out of. Alcaraz is exceptional and hit the wall, but we know he’ll be back. Djoker used to hit that same wall at an even older age. Instead of trying, he’d fake injuries (as he still does) to avoid the pressure.

I know you don’t like Rune but I think the game needs him, and I hope he learns how to play these best of five matches..

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think both Rune and Charley get a pass, they’re both young, we can’t expect them all to be like Rafa or Pete aged 19, and Charley already is the most dangerous 20 year old we know of, but they’re both still growing. Rune going to 5 against Musetti is something he’ll grow out of. Alcaraz is exceptional and hit the wall, but we know he’ll be back. Djoker used to hit that same wall at an even older age. Instead of trying, he’d fake injuries (as he still does) to avoid the pressure.

I know you don’t like Rune but I think the game needs him, and I hope he learns how to play these best of five matches..
I dont like Rune and his carrying's in matches that is all, as a tennis player he is talented and I expect him to win GS in his career, playing at RG in the best of 5 matches is that hardest of all, compared to the other GS, it tests your mentally and physically,
I could tell in Rome, playing in the final,, Rune's legs were heavy, it is a learning curve for these youngsters, including Alcaraz,
Going to the grass season I feel Rune has a good game for the grass.

Reactions: Kieran

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rob..did you see the entire match vs FAA..? If there's a BETTER match You believe speak on it ..Novak won. Yada yada yada I won't degrade the championship by saying it deserves an asterisk.. without facing Rafa . really who did Novak defeat? Carlos "illness" was unfortunate but other than two tough sets it wasn't a good match
I was just saying Rafa’s semi (2021) where he lost to Novak, might have been a ‘tougher’ match than his one against FAA.

Reactions: BratSrbin

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The GS number is counted.

View attachment 8290

The delusion & hypocrisy will be rampant for years to come as Novak assumes every meaningful record! People have had a negative impression of him long before he became a threat to Fedal's legacies! The closer he got w/ tons of success winning his majors and masters in bunches, the more desperate the "hate!" The stupidest thing mentioned is "he missed them in their prime" and now "the era is weak!" The brain damage can't be explained IMO, but in this country we elected Trump! We're totally fk'd up in the head; esp. the women who supported the man! I stopped caring what others thought due to not taking them seriously! They can't possibly believe half the crap they spew! It's incoherant ramblings which is embarrassing IMO! :facepalm: :face-with-head-bandage::anxious-face-with-sweat::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: BratSrbin

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions

I get the feeling that Rune has the higher ceiling. There is the scenario that Rune becomes the generational player like Serena/Federer, while Carlos ends up being the early peaker like Hingis/Hewitt.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
The delusion & hypocrisy will be rampant for years to come as Novak assumes every meaningful record! People have had a negative impression of him long before he became a threat to Fedal's legacies! The closer he got w/ tons of success winning his majors and masters in bunches, the more desperate the "hate!" The stupidest thing mentioned is "he missed them in their prime" and now "the era is weak!" The brain damage can't be explained IMO, but in this country we elected Trump! We're totally fk'd up in the head; esp. the women who supported the man! I stopped caring what others thought due to not taking them seriously! They can't possibly believe half the crap they spew! It's incoherent ramblings which is embarrassing IMO! :facepalm: :face-with-head-bandage::anxious-face-with-sweat::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

:clap::clap::clap:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes I found that statement a bit worrying, maybe he was thinking about the whole tournament, I must say he played better against Rune under pressure, he really didnt face much pressure from Sasha, though he could not compete under pressure against Novak.
Again. Rudd will NEVER win a GS champion title.. Muchova has more inner fortitude than the scared straight Ghost..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I get the feeling that Rune has the higher ceiling. There is the scenario that Rune becomes the generational player like Serena/Federer, while Carlos ends up being the early peaker like Hingis/Hewitt.
I liked your post until you put Swiss Miss with the player who said the umpire was against him because he identified more with James Blake. Hingis was a real champion and could've have easily double digits GS titles..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Again. Rudd will NEVER win a GS champion title.. Muchova has more inner fortitude than the scared straight Ghost..
I said in a earlier post to you Ruud has a 'workman like game" to me he hasnt got the 'killer instinct' which I feel is need in every player, appears too passive for me, with the weapons he has, for example last year, he did make the most of them, getting to 2 GS finals,

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I said in a earlier post to you Ruud has a 'workman like game" to me he hasnt got the 'killer instinct' which I feel is need in every player, appears too passive for me, with the weapons he has, for example last year, he did make the most of them, getting to 2 GS finals,
What weapons does Rudd have.. the ability to slide on the dirt? What does any player have to concern themselves when they're preparing to meet Rudd? this is just a question not competitive banter..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What weapons does Rudd have.. the ability to slide on the dirt? What does any player have to concern themselves when they're preparing to meet Rudd? this is just a question not competitive banter..
He does have a good heavy fhand, he can defend well at times, a reasonable serve though he does need to improve his bhand and bh slice,

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I've been saying that for quite a while! Poor Ruud, as good as some think he is, making major finals and the YEC, he has nothing to worry the elites! His weapon is court movement maybe! At least Rublev's the King of the 500's, Ruud has only taken 250's IIRC! ANYONE? He a nice, solid player, but his couple of good runs in the majors are the only reason he's in the top 10 IMO! Is that "Ruud" of me? :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::smiling-face-with-horns:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I've been saying that for quite a while! Poor Ruud, as good as some think he is, making major finals and the YEC, he has nothing to worry the elites! His weapon is court movement maybe! At least Rublev's the King of the 500's, Ruud has only taken 250's IIRC! ANYONE? He a nice, solid player, but his couple of good runs in the majors are the only reason he's in the top 10 IMO! Is that "Ruud" of me? :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::smiling-face-with-horns:
Spot on My friend. Rudd is at the top of the tier but in the same category as Rublev..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
You didnt answer my post on Ruud that I replied to you with his limited weapons? waiting lol!

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've been saying that for quite a while! Poor Ruud, as good as some think he is, making major finals and the YEC, he has nothing to worry the elites!
Ruud is a kind of player that will never go for the jugular, he cuts you on the forearm instead.

• Haha
Reactions: tented and Fiero425