Roger's Cup (Women) - Toronto

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sundaymorningguy said:
If this goes a third, advantage Halep.

If it goes 3, I won't be watching it! This is one of the ugliest matches I've seen in a while! The unforced errors are so bad; sprayed shots and hitting the bottom of the net! It's horrible! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
What a crazy match? Bencic could not close out an ailing Halep. Now Bencic herself seems to be feeling the effects. With both players feeling weak, the third set is bound to be of low quality.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
OMG! I walked away from the TV thinking this was over 20 min ago. Man Belinda must have laid an egg closing this out. Simona looks like she will hurl any minute now.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
So does Toronto just bring out crappy tennis in general? I can't say I have enjoyed a single match produced at this tournament. Way too many breaks of serve for my liking.

The Daria/Lucie match was quite entertaining w/ alot of shotmaking and both players healthy w/ good weather.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Halep just retired at 0-3 in the decider. Congrats to Belinda. Too bad she had to win under these circumstances

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just woke up to see that Halep retired. Did she hurt something? Very surprised but congratulations to Bencic! Now she goes to Cincy to play Kerber in the 1st round!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a win for Bencic--beats the top two players in the world, plus former #1s Ivanovic and Wozniacki, plus Lisicki and top girl from Canada, Genie Bouchard. THAT is a quality win by the 18 year old--a message has been sent.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
its too early to crown anyone but she is a potential slam winner than the overhyped players like Keys,Stephens,Coco and other nobodies...she is young and is winning big titles not Scone who thought a mm like Washington is a slam.:snicker

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Just woke up to see that Halep retired. Did she hurt something? Very surprised but congratulations to Bencic! Now she goes to Cincy to play Kerber in the 1st round!

Simona had a leg injury and was suffering from heat exhaustion. Congratulations to Bencic she had a dream week of tennis and will be just outside the top 10. Now is when it gets real.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
BMS and Lucie win the doubes in Toronto. The #1 seeds Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis fell in SF to Caroline Garcia and Srebotnik and theywere defeated by the AO and RG winning pair.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
shawnbm said:
What a win for Bencic--beats the top two players in the world, plus former #1s Ivanovic and Wozniacki, plus Lisicki and top girl from Canada, Genie Bouchard. THAT is a quality win by the 18 year old--a message has been sent.

WOW thats a very good point! When you step back and look at her week that run through THAT draw is really spectacular!

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Why does Halep not have a net game? If she does not start rushing the net, she will continue getting injured. Too tiny to be playing from the baseline.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Halep is the new Caroline. Hey its not a bad place to be but still...