RG Qualies Thoughts and Comments

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
1) So Aravane Rezai was in the mix again, and goes down 5-7, 3-6 to Coin, who I recall making some noise at the USO a few years back (maybe against Jankovic)?

2) Speaking of former Top 30 plays, Paszek wins a 1st rounder against Hsieh. Is she still having back issues, or has her game just gone away? She had that same blood treatment that Rafa underwent a few years ago where they remove blood, enrich it, and then reinject it.

3) Another former Top 25 player, Sorana Cirstea, wins her first round in Q. Damn, how far has she dropped. I know there were stories some years ago about a possible eating disorder, but I remember seeing this girl at the USO years ago playing a 3rd rounder against Wozniacki and thinking she had so much potential.

4) Larcher deBrito out in the first round - wasn't she tagged with "star of the future" label a few years back? I remember when she was getting WCs into major events like Miami. And it seems like she has yet to accomplish anything.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Cirstea has talent, but can't think on court. DeBrito was known for screaming louder than Pova. That is quite a feat. She won't be missed in the main draw.