Rafael Nadal's "Imbalanced" Resume

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
During Laver's time, the grass courts at different slams played differently. It's kindof like AO vs USO. Borg, Pete dominated two surfaces, clay and grass for the former, grass and HCs for the latter. They were both very competent players indoors unlike Nadal whose attempt to translate his clay game fails.
And you know this because you played the grass on those courts in Laver's day? In any case, you're slicing up this narrative to suit your purpose. I give you a perfectly valid counter in Nadal's favor. It's a more varied resume than either of those 3 have.

Age can't be used as an excuse when you're an early bloomer like Nadal. Nadal was plenty good on HCs pre-2008 but lost because he couldn't do any damage on Rebound Ace at AO and the USO courts were still quick.

As for Federer, his game went through many changes as he was brought up in the S&V era and also had issues with his temperament. When he sorted out his anger issues he transformed his game.

Again with the surfaces. I don't think you can be so sure of that. But again, you can be punitive towards Nadal for not doing more before 22, but most won't join you there. It took some time to round out the game for a full field and a full 7 matches. I don't think anyone else would hold it against him for not having won a Major off clay before he turned 22.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
And you know this because you played the grass on those courts in Laver's day? In any case, you're slicing up this narrative to suit your purpose. I give you a perfectly valid counter in Nadal's favor. It's a more varied resume than either of those 3 have.

It's not a narrative, it's a fact. You can either believe it or not, that's on you.

Again with the surfaces. I don't think you can be so sure of that. But again, you can be punitive towards Nadal for not doing more before 22, but most won't join you there. It took some time to round out the game for a full field and a full 7 matches. I don't think anyone else would hold it against him for not having won a Major off clay before he turned 22.

Nadal was plenty good on HCs to win prior to 2009 but didn't win a single HC slam. Sounds like excuses to me.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal was plenty good on HCs to win prior to 2009 but didn't win a single HC slam. Sounds like excuses to me.

This from the guy complaining about various reasons Roger didn't win various major finals v. Rafa. Now THAT sounds like excuses.