Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Nadal in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This will be their 59th career meeting (Men's Open Era record) with Djokovic leading the H2H 30-28 over Nadal. Djokovic won their last meeting: 2021 Roland Garros SF match. Nadal does lead 19-8 on Clay and he is 7-2 against Djokovic at Roland Garros.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak is the better player at the moment.

He had really good preparation before RG, while Rafa could not even train for one month. People started mentioning 2015 already and there is some similarity as Novak comes to this match as a favourite.

Novak also needs to stop Rafa from winning this RG to keep the most slams count within reach. I am sure he prefers to have a chance to do it himself instead of others, as we learned how that turned out this year AO.

I will go with Nole in 4 sets, but this is still Rafa in RG and I expect a good battle between the two.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have a feeling that Nadal will win in 4 sets. Schwartzman was so horrible in the 4th round that all Djokovic had to do was put the ball in play, therefore I think people are overrating Djokovic's level. But basically it's a 50-50 type of match right now. I'm not sure about the whole "night conditions" that people keep talking about and what it means for this match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a feeling that Nadal will win in 4 sets. Schwartzman was so horrible in the 4th round that all Djokovic had to do was put the ball in play, therefore I think people are overrating Djokovic's level. But basically it's a 50-50 type of match right now. I'm not sure about the whole "night conditions" that people keep talking about and what it means for this match.
Usually heavier conditions at night, ball is heavier, also Rafa's spin is not as effective.Remember though in the final that was played in 2020 conditions were heavy,though it was in October due to COVID, final played in the day by the way, it did not hamper Rafa, then again a lot has happened since 2020 and now.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Usually heavier conditions at night, ball is heavier, also Rafa's spin is not as effective.Remember though in the final that was played in 2020 conditions were heavy,though it was in October due to COVID, final played in the day by the way, it did not hamper Rafa, then again a lot has happened since 2020 and now.

But I have a feeling that it could hurt Djokovic too as he won't hit as many aces or winners?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
But I have a feeling that it could hurt Djokovic too as he won't hit as many aces or winners?
It can work both ways,comes down to which player handles the conditions better at night.Rafa wanted a day match, though Alcaraz has played 2 night matches and requested a day match, which I feel is fair enough.Also it does come down to the TV rights and the ratings.,they felt it would attract more fans at night.,meaning more ratings for the network

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MikeOne

Masters Champion
Reactions
Tomorrow nadal fans face their biggest fear. The thought of djokovic eliminating nadal and possibly sending him into retirement, then, possibly matching rafa on slam wins.

rafa fans rejoiced when novak was thrown out of australia and thought that was the end of djokovic.

we all have to face our greatest fears rafa fans, face it with courage, watch the match. Rafa has a chance, will he help all of you overcome your biggest fear? Have trust in him.

Reactions: atttomole

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tomorrow nadal fans face their biggest fear. The thought of djokovic eliminating nadal and possibly sending him into retirement, then, possibly matching rafa on slam wins.

rafa fans rejoiced when novak was thrown out of australia and thought that was the end of djokovic.

we all have to face our greatest fears rafa fans, face it with courage, watch the match. Rafa has a chance, will he help all of you overcome your biggest fear? Have trust in him.
Thanks Mike.....btw I never rejoiced when Novak was thrown out of Australia,never thought that was the end of Novak he is a great player,it was only a matter of time till he found his rhythm and game again,like he has in Rome and now at RG

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

1653964483089.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak is the better player at the moment.

He had really good preparation before RG, while Rafa could not even train for one month. People started mentioning 2015 already and there is some similarity as Novak comes to this match as a favourite.

Novak also needs to stop Rafa from winning this RG to keep the most slams count within reach. I am sure he prefers to have a chance to do it himself instead of others, as we learned how that turned out this year AO.

I will go with Nole in 4 sets, but this is still Rafa in RG and I expect a good battle between the two.
That is debatable, that Novak is the better player ATM. We have not seen a lot of him, esp. at Bo5. Hasn't really been tested. At least Rafa passed a hard test.

Most of the rest of what you say is kind of obvious. I get the 2015 reference. But as to the Slam race, it goes without saying.

I still think it stinks that RG wouldn't honor Rafa's request to make it a day match. I don't know how much it would level the playing field, but he's won the damned thing 14 times. (Ahem...I get ahead of myself.) He should have the right to say, esp. in a QF.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

It's absolutely laughable that you've been MIA for months only to return on the precipice of their next match. You really do embody the term trolling fanboy. At least @Fiero425 has stayed pretty consistent in his praise and fandom

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If this first game is indicative of tonight's level of play, we're going to be here awhile.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
these two maniacs are throwing everything at each other.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak wanted so hard to dominate early but he is down 2 breaks right now. Nadal started fantastic.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Novak wanted so hard to dominate early but he is down 2 breaks right now. Nadal started fantastic.
Part of it is his expectation. I think he might have expected a very high level to start and it's aggravating him that he can't match what he envisioned. I'm sure he'll regroup and bounce back in the 2nd set.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
6:2 Nadal. I feel it was closer than the scoreline says. Pressure on Novak now, he has to be very careful and regroup quickly. Starting with good first serve percentage.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Crazy game and again Nadal wins it. Novak has no answer. Nadal is super agressive and making all the shots.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is starting to look again like 2020. Novak is unable to get in the match and just keeps spraying errors since he got broken first game in 2nd set, because he is pushed to the limits by Nadal. He is unable to finish points or find any holes in Nadal's game.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what an epic 2 games sequence of 28 mins. nadal allowed Novak into the match with that first break at 3:0.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
what an epic 2 games sequence of 28 mins. nadal allowed Novak into the match with that first break at 3:0.
He will rue the day he let that doub break lead go. This could very well end up like last year.