Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zverev in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This will be their 10th official meeting with Nadal leading the H2H record 6-3 (4-1 on Clay) over Zverev. Nadal did win their only meeting at a Slam: 2017 Australian Open 3R in five sets.

Both players will have two days off plus they just came off their best win of the tournament so far.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just an reminder it will be Rafa's birthday when he is playing his s/final....turning 36 years young:)

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am actually curious to see if they will put this match on the day session because they have the extra day off compared to the bottom half. It seems like it will be rainy on Friday and Sunday that means more than likely the roof will be close.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With the Crown Prince Zverev there is his first top ten opponent win EVER at a Major, wasnt he something like 0-14 ? So the Alcaraz win is huge for him. ( albeit he has million more Majors experience under his belt then Alcaraz but i digress….)

However, We know what Rafa will bring to the table. So will Zverev finally play consistent, inspired tennis over the course of perhaps five sets in a big Major match with the King of clay who will have to be dragged off the terre bateurre?

I dont think he’s ready to both strike and slay the King.

Nadal in 4 sets.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
With the Crown Prince Zverev there is his first top ten opponent win EVER at a Major, wasnt he something like 0-14 ? So the Alcaraz win is huge for him. ( albeit he has million more Majors experience under his belt then Alcaraz but i digress….)

However, We know what Rafa will bring to the table. So will Zverev finally play consistent, inspired tennis over the course of perhaps five sets in a big Major match with the King of clay who will have to be dragged off the terre bateurre?

Nadal in 4 sets.
If Rafa's current form holds at RG 2020 Rafa he will defeat Sascha in straight sets. Rafa DTL FH was hit with so much more depth against his nemesis Djokovic than his match vs FAA. His confidence has grown and he has faced IMO the two biggest threats in his Qtr of the draw. Give Sascha credit, he is playing great tennis and anything can happen. Open roof close roof, thunderstorm or even hail it doesn't matter because Nadal has upped his level and will prevail

Reactions: Jelenafan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Order of Play for Semifinals Day 13 - Friday, June 03, 2022

1654220044764.png

1654220112923.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Nadal in 4 sets.
Honestly, Rafa beat Djokovic in 4. It's hard to see Zverev getting a set. I don't care how much he's got a new attitude since he beat Alcaraz. His second serve is still weak, and Rafa is the king of breaking serve. In the match-up, Zverev has his first serve, and the fact that he is tall. On clay, particularly, am I missing anything else?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Honestly, Rafa beat Djokovic in 4. It's hard to see Zverev getting a set. I don't care how much he's got a new attitude since he beat Alcaraz. His second serve is still weak, and Rafa is the king of breaking serve. In the match-up, Zverev has his first serve, and the fact that he is tall. On clay, particularly, am I missing anything else?
I am still gonna pray, no?

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Conditions will be warm though there could be a chance of some rain tomorrow.
Anyway I wont give you Mats Medicated Wilanders predication he apparently is still drinking Kool Aid.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remember when I said I will not get nervous until Roland Garros? Well, the time has come for me to get nervous once again. The reason I say this is because Rafael Nadal is once again is close to winning another Slam title, thus extending his record to 22 single Slam titles.

That is why I will pray my very best, no?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Conditions will be warm though there could be a chance of some rain tomorrow.
Anyway I wont give you Ma2221ts Medicated Wilanders predication he apparently is still drinking Kool Aid.
Tell me he's picking Zverev?! The not so-great-millenial, and huge Manila Folder? That's just perverse. Did he not watch the Nadal match against Djokovic?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember when I said I will not get nervous until Roland Garros? Well, the time has come for me to get nervous once again. The reason I say this is because Rafael Nadal is once again is close to winning another Slam title, thus extending his record to 22 single Slam titles.

That is why I will pray my very best, no?
I thought you said you were not going to watch Rafa's matches only if he made the final?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tell me he's picking Zverev?! The not so-great-millenial, and huge Manila Folder? That's just perverse. Did he not watch the Nadal match against Djokovic?
I honestly believe the drugs are not working and he needs to up his medication, he has never been a Rafa fan,even Chrissie Evert who was on the panel from home nearly fell off her chair,when he said Zverev was ready and composed to defeat Rafa.

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz had the wrong tactics against Sasha, he kept going to his bhand? got passed many times and still went there, I saw JCF face and he could not believe what he was seeing from his young charge., though granted he also made too many UFE and his serve went off at crucial times in the match, a lesson to be learnt for the youngster going foward

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you said you were not going to watch Rafa's matches only if he made the final?
I am not watching any matches at RG because I do not have cable anymore in my house. In addition, I have been working this past week. I might watch the final on Sunday IF Nadal wins tomorrow. More than likely, I will be scoreboard watching...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not watching any matches at RG because I do not have cable anymore in my house. In addition, I have been working this past week. I might watch the final on Sunday IF Nadal wins tomorrow. More than likely, I will be scoreboard watching...
You have to have cable to watch it, shame,I hate score boarding, better than nothing.I have been called into work as we have been short at hospital, fingers crossed I wont have to do night shift for a couple of nights, I always can replay the match the next day,which helps.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I honestly believe the drugs are not working and he needs to up his medication, he has never been a Rafa fan,even Chrissie Evert who was on the panel from home nearly fell off her chair,when he said Zverev was ready and composed to defeat Rafa.
Several players are ready and composed to do things. That's not what wins the match. You have to execute your ready and composed plan and that's where most of these youngsters fall woefully short. I would think druggie Mats would know that.