PC BS

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
We're all people. Some are good, some are bad & some are in between. We all react to things based on the ideas we have in our heads & our responses to others based on our understanding of what goes on in our heads. I only love some people, not everyone. I'm an animal, poetry, history, book & art lover.
I cannot believe you are defending people! That disgusting lot... We have no place for people lovers in this thread.

Horsa

Reactions
I laugh at some things people do & say & the way some people see things but that's their inner world, not ours.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
No serious answer was needed, @EquineAnn , but thanks for the honesty.

Now please don´t further derail this thread! :)

Horsa

Reactions
You're welcome. I'm very sorry I didn't read your sarcasm earlier. Haha!
No serious answer was needed, @EquineAnn , but thanks for the honesty.

Now please don´t further derail this thread! :)

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The real BS about PC people is not the language they promote but that these people come as a "package". If you see a PC person then she/he will promote not only PC language but you can bet your life on it she will bash and condemn Sharapova. Also you can bet your house on it she will think Russia is bad. Also she will think in the war between radical islamists and "western" culture America is on the good side even though all the evidence shows the opposite. And ofc you can bet anything the person will support the gay/lesbian movement. The person will support the islamisation of Europe, even if the person is not European. Even though all the evidence shows it's simply stupid to be inclusive to certain people. Like there's the Manchester bomber. Isn't it fair to say he's just a little bit different? When do you see christians blowing up other people? or running them down with trucks? Let's just look at the Christian Polish minority in Britain, during the Brexit campaign they got a good amount of trolling, in the schools polish children got called vermin, a polish man even got murdered in cold blood because he was using his mother tongue publicly, still, do you see Poles blowing Brits up? And btw you never see PC people talking about how terrible that was, eastern european christians dying leaves the PC people completely undisturbed.... That's about the famous inclusiveness......

So when you're dealing with pc people you're dealing with that package, you know that person has no critical thinking because he/she NEVER diverges from the core agenda even in 1 point.....

what suits them or their agenda, they 'include'.....while whatever doesn't suit, they exclude. And of course they always say they are 'inclusive'.

Reactions: mrzz

Horsa

Reactions
what suits them or their agenda, they 'include'.....while whatever doesn't suit, they exclude. And of course they always say they are 'inclusive'.
Very true, but I find most people like to think they've looked at things from all sides though they try to find only the information that goes with what they think & believe & discard the information that rejects their opinions. Sometimes there is so much information out there that people cannot take everything into account but others people just don't want to know anything at all that contradicts their own thoughts.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another camera on this exchange.... that professor had the patience of a saint against these entitled morons.

Reactions: Nekro

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
'Yell', is nothing but a primitive circus ground now...sign of the times

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Always loud and lippy, and often use primitive language 'I hear you' 'i feel you' ... some just won't evolve no matter how you educate them

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Halloween Episode Number 6 million.

:help:

These people lost completely their minds. That guy (the professor) is a saint. I just read the original e-mail who created the controversy, and, ouch, if someone has to apologize for that I would rather join ISIS and bomb the hell out of the world.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

I don't see a problem with that (even if I would need to listen to all the album to make a proper judgment, but I cannot, and probably less than 0,001% of the people who commented on the news haven't.)

As the piece says, "Rather than write an essay, collection of poems or a piece of prose, Shaw decided to try something different." So it is not that he was supposed to write a thesis (and then we would have a real argument).

N

Nekro

I don't see a problem with that (even if I would need to listen to all the album to make a proper judgment, but I cannot, and probably less than 0,001% of the people who commented on the news haven't.)

As the piece says, "Rather than write an essay, collection of poems or a piece of prose, Shaw decided to try something different." So it is not that he was supposed to write a thesis (and then we would have a real argument).
just lol.... don't get me started on hip-hop "culture", rap "culture" and all that, it's not about whether what he did was within the rules or not, the fact he chose to do something like that stinks, it makes Harvard look like a joke...... It's also a form of disruption, and i'm not the only one who thinks so, i could link you a forum thread here discussing this occurrence but i won't even bother...... This story stinks in a million ways, and i don't think you're the best judge of whether we have a real argument here or anywhere or not btw... your self-appointed moderator bs, especially with your badly hidden libtard bias stinks as badly as this story.....

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
These people lost completely their minds. That guy (the professor) is a saint. I just read the original e-mail who created the controversy, and, ouch, if someone has to apologize for that I would rather join ISIS and bomb the hell out of the world.

It's a sad indictment of University culture... which has basically fallen into leftist groupthink.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
your self-appointed moderator bs, especially with your badly hidden libtard bias stinks as badly as this story.....

I am no self-appointed moderator of no shit. I have, and want, ZERO authority. I just post my opinion. If it is "libtard" to you, too bad. You won't trap me in exchanges like "you stink" or anything like that.

Man, have you watched carefully the other video? Have you seen the "shrieking girl" (and others) going mad and pretending she has some authority over the professor? Have you read the original letter from his wife (that started all the fuss), which had the sin of being rational? Can't you see that those people are being Nazi-like bullying people that don't think like they do (see? I can call Nazi people you don't like too, iiieeeeiii)? They would put the guy in jail if they could...

There you have, in your face, the fucking biggest problem of the fucking political correctness: moral police, political police, attitude police. There you have the "libtards" doing exactly what I, and I guess a lot others, fear the most: demanding compliance.to their values. The story ended with a good, competent and socially working couple resigning their positions on a good university. And you are telling me a guy getting his undergraduate thesis by submitting a rap album is worst than that. Ok. I stink.

I proudly stink.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
It's a sad indictment of University culture... which has basically fallen into leftist groupthink.

Remember that the professor actually is the only guy in the video who is (or was) from the permanent staff of the university -- so he is "University Culture" too. Unfortunately, he was overpowered this time. But there is rational resistance still.

N

Nekro

The story ended with a good, competent and socially working couple resigning their positions on a good university. And you are telling me a guy getting his undergraduate thesis by submitting a rap album is worst than that. Ok. I stink.
no no no no no..... My problem with your post was that you seemed to think what happened at Harvard was perfectly ok... and that you didn't see the connection between the 2 stories.... And since the Harvard story is actually very ugly, and its connection with the Yale one is easy to see and you're a smart person i thought you were either trolling us or your libtard bias influenced your post.....

Now again i don't know if you're just not getting the picture or you're doing it on purpose so i'm gonna elaborate a bit...

The problem with the Harvard story is very complex..... I don't even know where to start so i'm just gonna say that a rap album as a school project or thesis or whatever is totally out of place at Harvard and it's very bad for the student, the teacher, the institution, the black community, everybody....

So let's suppose i'm a black student... I'm 100% sure there are tons of black students who go to a uni like Harvard to study, to create useful stuff and to pick up useful stuff, and that there are black students who are beyond the racial division propaganda bullshit, but as you see from the vid many aren't....

And let's suppose even as a totally smart student who's beyond the cheap political deception i like rap as a hobby, a childhood nostalgia or whatever and i write rap albums.... I still won't take it to uni.... 1. Because some interest groups are supporting rap, hip-hop culture and all that stuff as a tool to psychologically enslave black people, to show that blacks are morally corrupt, the black guys just wanna shoot cops and pimp hos, the black women are cheap drug addicted hookers.... ofc there are more softcore versions of rap and ofc you can express very deep thoughts and feelings with rap too but the connection is still there. 2. Because it takes the hood to the uni... Let's suppose i studied my ass off and worked hard to get accepted to a school like Harvard, why not just leave the hood in the hood when i go to uni???? If students take their BLM activism and their hoodie culture to the uni the uni will turn into another hood. no point in going there.... 3. It shames past and present students, profs, etc of Harvard, imagine you tell someone: "i got my degree at Harvard" - "aah Harvard, where the bredas are jamming the gangsta rap? You got yourself bleached like Jacko breda?"

The Harvard story is something to be ashamed of and ALL of the American commenters i saw thought it's facepalmworthy...

Oh and the connection.... Once they start accepting rap albums the other students will think it's also damn cool to take the BLM propaganda to uni, the whity harassment to uni, it's ok to smoke weed at uni... Why not just start pimping hos at the uni? and let's shoot the uni secu guy for lack of real cops..... The prof "lynching" story points in that direction.....

BTW i don't think they outbullied the prof, he's intelligent enough and he could just have gone shark on them but imo he realized his workplace turned into a shitpit and in case he had any personal ambitions in his profession it was just smarter to find a better workplace.....

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
no no no no no..... My problem with your post was that you seemed to think what happened at Harvard was perfectly ok... and that you didn't see the connection between the 2 stories.... And since the Harvard story is actually very ugly, and its connection with the Yale one is easy to see and you're a smart person i thought you were either trolling us or your libtard bias influenced your post.....

Now again i don't know if you're just not getting the picture or you're doing it on purpose so i'm gonna elaborate a bit...

The problem with the Harvard story is very complex..... I don't even know where to start so i'm just gonna say that a rap album as a school project or thesis or whatever is totally out of place at Harvard and it's very bad for the student, the teacher, the institution, the black community, everybody....

So let's suppose i'm a black student... I'm 100% sure there are tons of black students who go to a uni like Harvard to study, to create useful stuff and to pick up useful stuff, and that there are black students who are beyond the racial division propaganda bullshit, but as you see from the vid many aren't....

And let's suppose even as a totally smart student who's beyond the cheap political deception i like rap as a hobby, a childhood nostalgia or whatever and i write rap albums.... I still won't take it to uni.... 1. Because some interest groups are supporting rap, hip-hop culture and all that stuff as a tool to psychologically enslave black people, to show that blacks are morally corrupt, the black guys just wanna shoot cops and pimp hos, the black women are cheap drug addicted hookers.... ofc there are more softcore versions of rap and ofc you can express very deep thoughts and feelings with rap too but the connection is still there. 2. Because it takes the hood to the uni... Let's suppose i studied my ass off and worked hard to get accepted to a school like Harvard, why not just leave the hood in the hood when i go to uni???? If students take their BLM activism and their hoodie culture to the uni the uni will turn into another hood. no point in going there.... 3. It shames past and present students, profs, etc of Harvard, imagine you tell someone: "i got my degree at Harvard" - "aah Harvard, where the bredas are jamming the gangsta rap? You got yourself bleached like Jacko breda?"

The Harvard story is something to be ashamed of and ALL of the American commenters i saw thought it's facepalmworthy...

Oh and the connection.... Once they start accepting rap albums the other students will think it's also damn cool to take the BLM propaganda to uni, the whity harassment to uni, it's ok to smoke weed at uni... Why not just start pimping hos at the uni? and let's shoot the uni secu guy for lack of real cops..... The prof "lynching" story points in that direction.....

BTW i don't think they outbullied the prof, he's intelligent enough and he could just have gone shark on them but imo he realized his workplace turned into a shitpit and in case he had any personal ambitions in his profession it was just smarter to find a better workplace.....

Thing is that the this is not a PhD thesis, not a master thesis... is an undergraduate thesis -- a "school project" to use your words. It is probably an arts or humanities course, so that's why, according to the own article you cited, "Rather than write an essay, collection of poems or a piece of prose", he wrote a music album. He is not trading a dissertation for some rhymes, he is trading rhymes for rhymes. Maybe you are from the so called "exact sciences" and are not used to their ways (I am physicist, but I've been married/engaged/dated/whatever to a few women from the social sciences, humanities and arts so I know the field B-) ), so believe me, this is pretty normal. You will find people who submitted paintings, theater plays, installations (ugh), and so on. I guess part of your shock comes from this cultural difference.

What bothers you the most, it seems - and there I surely see your point -- is the political use of such fact. Also, you're equating rap = BLM (and actually I don't know BLM, and USA's crime statistics for that matter, enough to voice an opinion). It could be true in some cases, it could be unfair in others. If I take Brazil for example, there are tons of rap and funk ("modern" funk) which are the "bottom of the well", as we say here. To put it bluntly, it is non-human. But there are some which I respect, they have something to say and they are really expressing something (Racionais MC's is a good example). There is social injustice here and those groups are vocal about it. They use the money they raise to promote education on their communities (for real, I know some projects personally). Those guys are not the rule, I give you that, but (at least here) they're not just some odd exception too.

Given all that, I stand firm by the fact that those two cases are completely different. But, yes, we should hear the guy's album to be sure (not sure if I want, though, I am busy listening to a lot of prog metal lately). If the dude just shouts "cops should fry like bacon" then you're 100% right (but, given the contents of the link, it does not seem to be so).