PC BS

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Being a huge Carlin fan and a hater of useless euphemisms, PC drives me crazy. The biggest problem now though is that The Orange One has hijacked the anti PC concept and anyone who is anti PC is equated to him , which is so unfair. The Orange One confuses anti PC with doucheness, I do not.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Being a huge Carlin fan and a hater of useless euphemisms, PC drives me crazy. The biggest problem now though is that The Orange One has hijacked the anti PC concept and anyone who is anti PC is equated to him , which is so unfair. The Orange One confuses anti PC with doucheness, I do not.
No, I think the confusion pre-dates Trump. Would love to discuss. PS: Also a Carlin fan. :)

N

Nekro

By the way @Moxie, you are one of the brave few who stand for PC around here. For a long time I was willing to open a serious thread about it. Maybe I will (haven´t read the rest of this thread yet, though).
The problem with PC is not pc itself, it's that that they overdid it to an extent where normal communication became impossible, also, PC people wanted to get rid of even moderately non-pc people everywhere, also that its champions are usually nolife, disgusting fuckwits with 400000 character defects..... That's why the backlash against it is so strong atm.......

Just look at what pc people did on tennis forums:

1. ScoobsChris on mtf: His pc rules and his bannings killed ALL the chat threads...... people got tired of their chats being disrupted and their friends getting banned nonstop so they just all left. Now because of this they made a "we're nicer" policy and started letting people back but ofc it's all fake niceness for business, and only people with no self-respect go back there

2. Joe on murraysworld: this is just a shitty little fansite and not a real tennis site so you may not know this but ALL the young scottish fans of Murray got banned there..... ofc from the outside you can't see this cause global moderation is used to hide the fact that that place is a graveyard, all inactive accounts but you can't see that from the outside, Joe pulled the plugs...Murray can't have young scottish fans, he can have only über PC 60+ English (or unionist scottish, or passive-aggressive hybrids who have to juggle their butts off not to get banned) fans who are not even real tennis fans..... So those morons basically hijacked Murray's name and banned/ are abusing his real fans/ using his name for anti-scottish propaganda, i don't know what Murray, who voted for Scottish independence would say or do if he got informed about this... I made hundreds of screenshots where the moderators are vilely insulting, abusing and ridiculing the scottish members, even 60+ women who are paying members too.... if it was like 7 years ago i would send or personally give them to Murray to inform him about this but now, when forums are not what they used to be and everybody's in the social media it makes no sense, especially against an unconvertable, outdated simple machines forum that in the long run is sentenced to death anyway.....

3. PC didn't work out too well on tf either, and BB, very wisely, warned that crew about that years ago.......

Now imagine a forum moderated by Moxie alone..... who would post there? :lulz1:
:laugh::clap:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nekro, it's very sad that your world-view is so small that you think of PC as being about stifling your conversation on internet forums. The question is much larger than that. FYI, I've never done anything to suppress your conversation, only worked hard to help the forums that support it, so...you're welcome.

N

Nekro

Nekro, it's very sad that your world-view is so small that you think of PC as being about stifling your conversation on internet forums. The question is much larger than that. FYI, I've never done anything to suppress your conversation, only worked hard to help the forums that support it, so...you're welcome.
You see, now this is the typical arrogant stuff from a PC person with the "hidden" insults.. I was just using those examples from the internet, and more specifically, from tennis forums, because we're posting on one, i never said it's restricted to that........ I won't say anything about whose world view is small lol.... Imo the fact that you're regularly mocked even by your fellow Americans says enough....

BTW don't worry, PC is still dominating the world, Europe too.... It's dominating even my Christian country....

Just look at the TV programmes: In the Child Virtuosos program where children play classical music, the winner is always a gypsy, a half-romanian, or, in the latest one, a half arabic girl...... The winner is always someone like that, even if they perform worse than people from my country.... just for PC's sake lol

The same with Eurovision, ofc the quality there is always abysmal, Serbia sending gay person, we 90% send a gypsy person, Austria sending bearded tranny.....

PC still dominating the world, lol from the tennis world again, Nastase just got trolled hard...

Why should Moxie or anyone stand up for PC mrzz? Isn't it a bit early to say something like that???

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Here is what it boils down to for me : I am only responsible for what I say, NOT how someone else interprets it. Very simple. When I say "This is retarded" I know what I mean. I know I am not talking about a medical condition. If someone else feels differently, that is absolutely not my problem. I cannot be responsible for people's emotional shortcomings. I have enough things to worry about in my life. I have no time for offended people or safe places and entitled people. I have no time for universities banning speakers, free speech. If you think your moral position is the right one, have the balls to open it to scrutiny. It crumbles, EVERY SINGLE TIME ! That's why people are banned from speaking in campuses.

Life does not care about your feelings and neither do I . I work 80 hours a week. I have no time for BS.

Reactions: britbox and mrzz

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I would say that you are wrong that people debate the word "mankind."

I never stated that, the OP did. (so I guess it settles the question, doesn´t it?)

Why should Moxie or anyone stand up for PC mrzz? Isn't it a bit early to say something like that???

I am not sure if we are understanding each other. Moxie do stands up for PC culture (at least here in the boards). Of course that is different from going out in the streets and protesting, but I wanted to allude the fact that she is one of the few who take position in favor of it.

But you all are RUINING this thread. This thread was all about gathering stupid extremes of PC culture (everything, right or wrong, has stupid extremes). I HATE PC culture, but these extreme examples are not necessarily relevant in a serious conversation about it (they become relevant if they become the norm). I ´ll open a serious thread about it in a few moments.

N

Nekro

I never stated that, the OP did. (so I guess it settles the question, doesn´t it?)

I am not sure if we are understanding each other. Moxie do stands up for PC culture (at least here in the boards). Of course that is different from going out in the streets and protesting, but I wanted to allude the fact that she is one of the few who take position in favor of it.

But you all are RUINING this thread. This thread was all about gathering stupid extremes of PC culture (everything, right or wrong, has stupid extremes). I HATE PC culture, but these extreme examples are not necessarily relevant in a serious conversation about it (they become relevant if they become the norm). I ´ll open a serious thread about it in a few moments.
What are you talking about mrzz?

This thread got a few posts, but all stopped on april 5.... people simply lost their interest in posting in it, no more extreme or any examples, i wasn't even posting in it at all when it was active, especially since it was made by a PC champion... On may 19, like a good thread necromancer, i revived the thread with the genital cutting post.....

So who exactly ruined this thread? when it was completely dead already?

Also, serious PC thread??, you mean a politically correct pc thread or what?

Also if someone approaches posting in an unorthodox way in a PC BS thread is that person a troll?

What about getting an avi btw? Usually trolls don't have avi, and it's just fricking bad for the eyes.....

Anyway, i'm not interested in the "serious" pc thread, it's like a fricking cliquish thing, will you and moxie post there, and maybe Federberg joins to raise the standards? also i don't care how serious the convo there will be, i'll just keep posting funny PC stuff or my opinion about pc mugs here if u don't mind...... like the thread is already "ruined" and stuff so i guess it's no prob :p

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I was just joking, @Nekro... When I said "ruined", it was because the conversation was getting serious, instead of just a series of examples of PC bullshit (which exist by hordes)..

By "serious" PC thread I mean a thread where we can seriously discuss it (as opposed to this one, where at least I will only mock it).

Chill up man! All good in my part at least.

N

Nekro

I was just joking, @Nekro... When I said "ruined", it was because the conversation was getting serious, instead of just a series of examples of PC bullshit (which exist by hordes)..

By "serious" PC thread I mean a thread where we can seriously discuss it (as opposed to this one, where at least I will only mock it).

Chill up man! All good in my part at least.
ok, cool then, i was just wondering wtf was going on :p

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In the spirit of this thread, I'll tell you a couple of PC BS things that will make you laugh: There is a town in NY called Fish Kill. "Kill" in old Dutch means "creek," apparently. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) petitioned the state to change the name of the town because it promoted killing fish. Don't worry, it didn't happen. Also, on the Maine state license plate, there is a rendition of the lobster, which Maine is famous for, in red. PETA objected to the lobster being show in red, as that indicated it was cooked. Well, yeah! Yum.

N

Nekro

The real BS about PC people is not the language they promote but that these people come as a "package". If you see a PC person then she/he will promote not only PC language but you can bet your life on it she will bash and condemn Sharapova. Also you can bet your house on it she will think Russia is bad. Also she will think in the war between radical islamists and "western" culture America is on the good side even though all the evidence shows the opposite. And ofc you can bet anything the person will support the gay/lesbian movement. The person will support the islamisation of Europe, even if the person is not European. Even though all the evidence shows it's simply stupid to be inclusive to certain people. Like there's the Manchester bomber. Isn't it fair to say he's just a little bit different? When do you see christians blowing up other people? or running them down with trucks? Let's just look at the Christian Polish minority in Britain, during the Brexit campaign they got a good amount of trolling, in the schools polish children got called vermin, a polish man even got murdered in cold blood because he was using his mother tongue publicly, still, do you see Poles blowing Brits up? And btw you never see PC people talking about how terrible that was, eastern european christians dying leaves the PC people completely undisturbed.... That's about the famous inclusiveness......

So when you're dealing with pc people you're dealing with that package, you know that person has no critical thinking because he/she NEVER diverges from the core agenda even in 1 point.....

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
In the spirit of this thread, I'll tell you a couple of PC BS things that will make you laugh: There is a town in NY called Fish Kill. "Kill" in old Dutch means "creek," apparently. PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) petitioned the state to change the name of the town because it promoted killing fish. Don't worry, it didn't happen. Also, on the Maine state license plate, there is a rendition of the lobster, which Maine is famous for, in red. PETA objected to the lobster being show in red, as that indicated it was cooked. Well, yeah! Yum.

I guess I never saw an illustration of a lobster which was not red. This PETA guys have a lifetime work just on this particular front.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
@EquineAnn , in the Serious PC thread, brought up a very good one which surely belongs to this thread:

People are saying that the term "blackboard" is offensive.... and -- if I got it right -- tried or actually achieved to eliminate its use in some schools...

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
@EquineAnn , in the Serious PC thread, brought up a very good one which surely belongs to this thread:

People are saying that the term "blackboard" is offensive.... and -- if I got it right -- tried or actually achieved to eliminate its use in some schools...
That's very true. They went to the extent of getting rid of all blackboards & replacing them with flipcharts & whiteboards which poses the question "if blackboards are offensive to black people, what makes it different to have whiteboards & why don't white people find it offensive?". Blackboards are just boards to write on which happen to be coloured black in the same way whiteboards are boards to write on which are white. White people don't complain. They just write on them & copy off them.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's very true. They went to the extent of getting rid of all blackboards & replacing them with flipcharts & whiteboards which poses the question "if blackboards are offensive to black people, what makes it different to have whiteboards & why don't white people find it offensive?". Blackboards are just boards to write on which happen to be coloured black in the same way whiteboards are boards to write on which are white. White people don't complain. They just write on them & copy off them.
On a political satire show I listen to, they made the joke today about someone taking a selfie exposing Bannon's whiteboard, and one of the jokes was, "Of course he wouldn't have a blackboard." But it was a JOKE! For sure any sensitivity about this in real time is the worst of what PC is supposed to be.

Horsa

Reactions
On a political satire show I listen to, they made the joke today about someone taking a selfie exposing Bannon's whiteboard, and one of the jokes was, "Of course he wouldn't have a blackboard." But it was a JOKE! For sure any sensitivity about this in real time is the worst of what PC is supposed to be.
I agree. It's all got out of hand. People are just taking things way out of perspective.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I agree. It's all got out of hand. People are just taking things way out of perspective.

That´s what people do better. I really need to find and offensive word to describe (and offend) all mankind (humankind, womankind, whatever). I would use it everyday.

Horsa

Reactions
That´s what people do better. I really need to find and offensive word to describe (and offend) all mankind (humankind, womankind, whatever). I would use it everyday.
In a way people take things out of perspective because even the simplest sentence can be ambiguous. We read things differently to others according to our mental machinery, education, training & experience & we constantly read things differently according to how much we're doing at once, what we've got on our minds at the time & because we're constantly learning new things. Language is just a social construction we use to communicate with others & know & understand the world around us & our own thoughts & feelings. What we say can come across differently according to moods. We take things out of perspective mainly when we've got a lot on our minds or when we're in a bad mood.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
In a way people take things out of perspective because even the simplest sentence can be ambiguous. We read things differently to others according to our mental machinery, education, training & experience & we constantly read things differently according to how much we're doing at once, what we've got on our minds at the time & because we're constantly learning new things. Language is just a social construction we use to communicate with others & know & understand the world around us & our own thoughts & feelings. What we say can come across differently according to moods. We take things out of perspective mainly when we've got a lot on our minds or when we're in a bad mood.

I cannot believe you are defending people! That disgusting lot... We have no place for people lovers in this thread.