Novak Djokovic's Vaccine Stance & Visa Troubles

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I have to say, I admire in a way the stubbornness of Djokovic fans (largely Serbians) to resistthe truth.

He had no legitimate reason to enter Australia unless he was vaccinated. Here’s a brief piece of literature that you might wade through, that explains it clearly…

In the meantime I've added something on the first sentence which shows your stubbornness as well as other No1e haters.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I have to say, I admire in a way the stubbornness of Djokovic fans (largely Serbians) to resistthe truth.

He had no legitimate reason to enter Australia unless he was vaccinated. Here’s a brief piece of literature that you might wade through, that explains it clearly…

No1e entered Australia. That completely defeats your point. Whose stubbornness is it now?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
No1e entered Australia. That completely defeats your point. Whose stubbornness is it now?
Listen, I don’t know why you’re bringing this up now. You’re actually making my argument for me. But you’ll never accept it. That’s fine, but don’t go thinking others are mad because Novak was removed from Australia almost 18 months ago. It’s a pity for the game that he was - but not a pity for him because he deserved to be. He’s lucky they were soft enough to let him in this year…

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Injustice is mitigated but not corrected.

No1e was expelled from Australia by the decision of a minister, without any valid reason, but not a court. I want to drive that into your head so that you don't talk some nonsense around here.

Reactions: nehmeth

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Tommy Golfing.gif

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As if hundreds of broken rackets, violently abused tennis balls, and angry screams weren’t enough Djokovic also managed to get disqualified from a slam and to also get deported from another slam... I wonder what he has in store for us next. :yawningface:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
As if hundreds of broken rackets, violently abused tennis balls, and angry screams weren’t enough Djokovic also managed to get disqualified from a slam and to also get deported from another slam... I wonder what he has in store for us next. :yawningface:

Obsession! Enuf said! Someone help this dude! I could go back in time to spew BS about Rafa, but I try to stay more current than 18 months! :yawningface:

Reactions: BratSrbin

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Are you OK?

The procedure for entering Australia was completely correct, the court says. Entering Australia too. And No1e entered Australia. With every right. And he even trained for several days, I believe you can at least remember some of it. No one has ever disputed this.

Your construction "None of that says he should have been allowed in by law" is just that - construction, for the uninitiated.

Minister Alex Hawke has used his discretionary right ,the power to deport whoever he wants, from foreigners, normally, to evict whoever he wants, regardless of the facts, the reason and the law. And NO ONE can dispute that. The law gave him that right. In this way, he saved the face of the Australian government, which was not working according to the law because the court found that.

Sapienti sat.
This is factually incorrect. Novak was granted a stay of the revocation of his visa, on procedural grounds, as Kieran rightly says. He was meant to have a certain amount of time to sort it out, and according to the judge, it wasn't given. That was a stay of execution, if you like. What was never correct, which you inaccurately keep trying to force, is that the paperwork was in order. It wasn't. You are insisting that a previous/recent covid positive was grounds for a vaccination exemption. It wasn't. That's clear in the rules. And if Novak's lawyers and handlers aren't complete idiots, they will have known that, too. He was hoping to slip in under what was likely, IMO, a Craig Tiley-inspired charade. Yes, it almost worked. You should not forget that there was a factual error on Novak's visa paperwork. Which he signed. That alone could get you deported in the US, and probably Oz, as well.

As to what brought you back here, Novak's statements to an Italian press entity, he did say what you said he did, which is false. He also said this: (my translation from the Italian):

"Avevo avuto il Covid ed ero guarito. Ho rispettato tutte le norme e non ho messo in pericolo nessuno." In English: "I had Covid, and I recovered. I respected all of the protocols, and I didn't endanger anyone." This is also false. When he had an exposure to Covid at a basketball game, mid-December 2021, he took a rapid test, which was negative. Then he said, "out of an abundance of caution," he took a PCR test, which, at that time, took 24+ hours to come back. While waiting forr the results, he attended a children's event, maskless and indoors.

TELEMMGLPICT000282273087_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq_Q1N-FTyp3NpZtJnZ0dj57Re-v-mp5FjGNd9x_1gVuI.jpeg

He got his Covid positive result, supposedly, after this event.

If he were acting out of an "abundance of caution," he wouldn't have gone to this event. Or he might have worn a mask. So, who, then, was this abundance of caution for? A very interesting question, IMO.

The day after, when he DID know that he was Covid-positive, he went to an interview and photoshoot with L'Equipe. He did not advise the journalists that he had tested positive for Covid. He was hugely sanctioned by the French press and the international press for knowingly exposing journalists to Covid. He has subsequently called that an error in judgment.

Point being: when he says he respected all the protocols and didn't endanger anyone, that is obviously not true.

In that article you cite, Novak is trying to rewrite history. Obviously, you're inclined to buy it. But for most of the rest of us, the internet is full of information, and he can't really fool all of us.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is factually incorrect. Novak was granted a stay of the revocation of his visa, on procedural grounds, as Kieran rightly says. He was meant to have a certain amount of time to sort it out, and according to the judge, it wasn't given. That was a stay of execution, if you like. What was never correct, which you inaccurately keep trying to force, is that the paperwork was in order. It wasn't. You are willfully ignoring that a previous/recent covid positive was grounds for a vaccination exemption. It wasn't. That's clear in the rules. And if Novak's lawyers and handlers aren't complete idiots, they will have known that, too. He was hoping to slip in under what was likely, IMO, a Craig Tiley-inspired charade. Yes, it almost worked. You should not forget that there was a factual error on Novak's visa paperwork. Which he signed. That alone could get you deported in the US, and probably Oz, as well.

As to what brought you back here, Novak's statements to an Italian press entity, he did say what you said he did, which is false. He also said this: (my translation from the Italian:)

"Avevo avuto il Covid ed ero guarito. Ho rispettato tutte le norme e non ho messo in pericolo nessuno." In English: "I had Covid, and I recovered. I respected all of the protocols, and I didn't endanger anyone." This is also false. When he had an exposure to Covid at a basketball game, mid-December 2021, he took a rapid test, which was negative. Then he said, "out of an abundance of caution," he took a PCR test, which, at that time, took 24+ hours to come back. While waiting forr the results, he attended a children's event, maskless and indoors.

View attachment 8159

If he were acting out of an "abundance of caution," he wouldn't have gone to this event. Or he might have worn a mask. So, who, then, was this abundance of caution for? A very interesting question, IMO.

The day after, when he DID know that he was Covid-positive, he went to an interview and photoshoot with L'Equipe. He did not advise the journalists that he had tested positive for Covid. He was hugely sanctioned by the French press and the international press for knowingly exposing journalists to Covid. He was subsequently called that an error in judgment.

Point being: when he says he respected all the protocols and didn't endanger anyone, that is obviously not true.

In that article you cite, Novak is trying to rewrite history. Obviously, you're inclined to buy it. But for most of the rest of us, the internet is full of information, and you can't really fool all of us.

1684302183900.gif

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is factually incorrect. Novak was granted a stay of the revocation of his visa, on procedural grounds, as Kieran rightly says. He was meant to have a certain amount of time to sort it out, and according to the judge, it wasn't given. That was a stay of execution, if you like. What was never correct, which you inaccurately keep trying to force, is that the paperwork was in order. It wasn't. You are willfully ignoring that a previous/recent covid positive was grounds for a vaccination exemption. It wasn't. That's clear in the rules. And if Novak's lawyers and handlers aren't complete idiots, they will have known that, too. He was hoping to slip in under what was likely, IMO, a Craig Tiley-inspired charade. Yes, it almost worked. You should not forget that there was a factual error on Novak's visa paperwork. Which he signed. That alone could get you deported in the US, and probably Oz, as well.

As to what brought you back here, Novak's statements to an Italian press entity, he did say what you said he did, which is false. He also said this: (my translation from the Italian:)

View attachment 8159

The day after, when he DID know that he was Covid-positive, he went to an interview and photoshoot with L'Equipe. He did not advise the journalists that he had tested positive for Covid. He was hugely sanctioned by the French press and the international press for knowingly exposing journalists to Covid. He was subsequently called that an error in judgment.

In that article you cite, Novak is trying to rewrite history. Obviously, you're inclined to buy it. But for most of the rest of us, the internet is full of information, and you can't really fool all of us.
Sadly, I’m sure this won’t work. It reminds me of that great line from Friends: “Look, if you're going to be totally rational about this, I can't argue with you.”

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sadly, I’m sure this won’t work. It reminds me of that great line from Friends: “Look, if you're going to be totally rational about this, I can't argue with you.”
That’s actually true. It amazes me how the argument shape-shifts once it’s shown that he had no legitimate reason to enter, and this was simply because previous exposure to covid was not acceptable to Australians as a legitimate reason to enter, and this was clearly stated on their website.

It took me two minutes to find that on the website, so you know that Novak knew that and didn’t care. He’d use other means to enter, which inevitably meant he’d lie, cheat and try bully his way in. All of this is transparently clear, and certainly has been shared countless times in this thread, but there are some of his fans who disregard this, and then it becomes an interesting question about how much fandom warps our moral compass, our ability to accept a differing view etc..

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s actually true. It amazes me how the argument shape-shifts once it’s shown that he had no legitimate reason to enter, and this was simply because previous exposure to covid was not acceptable to Australians as a legitimate reason to enter, and this was clearly stated on their website.

It took me two minutes to find that on the website, so you know that Novak knew that and didn’t care. He’d use other means to enter, which inevitably meant he’d lie, cheat and try bully his way in. All of this is transparently clear, and certainly has been shared countless times in this thread, but there are some of his fans who disregard this, and then it becomes an interesting question about how much fandom warps our moral compass, our ability to accept a differing view etc..
Ol' BratSrbin can come on here and say whatever he wants to believe. We're just a small corner of the internet. What I find disturbing is that Novak himself said those things in that interview. For public consumption. More than a few of them were patently false. He is rewriting the history of what happened, and perhaps even beginning to believe his own version of the story, if he tells it often enough. Talk about losing your moral compass.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It might not work against the already converted, like @BratSrbin, but it works that I get to say it. Fake news can't have the last word.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Ol' BratSrbin can come on here and say whatever he wants to believe. We're just a small corner of the internet. What I find disturbing is that Novak himself said those things in that interview. For public consumption. More than a few of them were patently false. He is rewriting the history of what happened, and perhaps even beginning to believe his own version of the story, if he tells it often enough. Talk about losing your moral compass.
He lied in the BBC interview when he said he takes the covid threat very seriously. So seriously in fact that he was photographed without his mask among a bunch of people.

Now I’m no covid authoritarian, I hope there’ll be a reckoning someday for governments who abused their people, but Novak can’t have it both ways. He wants to look like he’s making a principled stand, and taking the threat seriously, while also lying and going among people without a mask when he allegedly had covid. You can’t be taken seriously by the foxes while you’re running with the hounds…

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can't believe this got bumped again. I'm trying to stay away from it as Novak's behaviour with all this came to a point of embarrasment. When he got declined entry to AO should've just left like that unknown Czech WTA player. No court case and no further drama with dodgy Covid records.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Can't believe this got bumped again. I'm trying to stay away from it as Novak's behaviour with all this came to a point of embarrasment. When he got declined entry to AO should've just left like that unknown Czech WTA player. No court case and no further drama with dodgy Covid records.
I can't believe this got bumped either, but while we're rehashing useless arguments from long ago, let's set the record straight, it's now Nol3 :lulz1: