NFL

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Have you guys seen the CTE scan report? Wow! This is huge surely. What do you think the implications will be?

https://www.voanews.com/a/study-bra...ll-deceased-us-football-players-/3959552.html

The NFL will have to start putting far more cash aside to help ex-players - that's something that has never been addressed properly.

It wasn't in the article, but I read somewhere recently that the avg. age of death for an NFL player is way lower than a normal person.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The NFL will have to start putting far more cash aside to help ex-players - that's something that has never been addressed properly.

It wasn't in the article, but I read somewhere recently that the avg. age of death for an NFL player is way lower than a normal person.
There can't be enough compensation for that. I think they need to go further than that. They have to find a way to eliminate head shots all together

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There can't be enough compensation for that. I think they need to go further than that. They have to find a way to eliminate head shots all together

Collision sport mate. Even a decent hit will have head trauma whether they actually hit the head. Must be some reflection on the size of players now also.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They've been doing everything possible to maximize player safety in the NFL the past ten years or so. it's a sad reality that not enough was done before, and possibly there is nothing that can be done for those who have long careers. What Baron said is correct, first of all you can't completely avoid head contact with how fast the game is. And then there is the fact that a hard (and clean) hit to the midsection will often lead to players banging their heads on the ground. I would think most or all of the deceased players from this study played all or most of their careers before there was a bigger emphasis on player safety and head injuries.

I think the major implications are that less and less kids are going to play football. There will still be plenty that do though, more than enough to fill college and NFL rosters. So does this do anything to NFL and College football viewership? I'm not sure. Seeing reports like this are sickening and make me feel a little bad for complaining that the NFL has become too pussified.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518