NFL 2017-2018

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Patriots WR Edelman knee injury knocks him out of this season.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think the AFC is going to be stronger conference this year by a distance. The West is going to be a bear pit with the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I wasn't impressed by Broncos in their first game, but they did really well yesterday. I think the Raiders were the most impressive team in the first 2 weeks. It is still early but the Seahawks have been really bad.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wasn't impressed by Broncos in their first game, but they did really well yesterday. I think the Raiders were the most impressive team in the first 2 weeks. It is still early but the Seahawks have been really bad.

Early days Billie, but I'm loving the Raiders this season. The AFC West is going to be tough though. KC had all the answers for the Raiders offense last season...

Reactions: Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Early days Billie, but I'm loving the Raiders this season. The AFC West is going to be tough though. KC had all the answers for the Raiders offense last season...

It is early but yeah, I do like how the Raiders started their season. KC was good last year, mainly their defence. Now that Berry is unfortunately out for the season, it remains to be seen how successfully they are going to replace him. Because frankly, their defence is much better than their offence. It will be interesting to see how the teams progress as the season goes on. I am getting into it now.:)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is just a horrible performance from the Raiders... worst I've seen since the Bed n Breakfast days. Dropped catches, missed blocks, crap play calling... just embarrassing right now.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Like I said on the other thread, it's probably one of those off games, where good teams look really bad for some reason. Week 3 had a lot of big upsets and surprises. Vikings looked really bad the previous week, their starting QB was going to miss yesterday's game so everybody I listened to thought they didn't have big chances of winning and I gave in and picked against them. They not only won, but they won comfortably and convincingly.

GB escaped in OT, AR's first OT win of his career.

KC defence kept them in the game and kept Chargers scoreless in the 2nd half. It's a good start for them and the their rookie looks awfully good with some impressive stats.
http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/...ghlights/cd1fb9f3-fd81-4d97-b6f6-d7a8db96cd92

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said on the other thread, it's probably one of those off games, where good teams look really bad for some reason. Week 3 had a lot of big upsets and surprises. Vikings looked really bad the previous week, their starting QB was going to miss yesterday's game so everybody I listened to thought they didn't have big chances of winning and I gave in and picked against them. They not only won, but they won comfortably and convincingly.

GB escaped in OT, AR's first OT win of his career.

KC defence kept them in the game and kept Chargers scoreless in the 2nd half. It's a good start for them and the their rookie looks awfully good with some impressive stats.
http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/...ghlights/cd1fb9f3-fd81-4d97-b6f6-d7a8db96cd92

I think KC will win the West again. They drafted well. Raiders and Broncos might both pick up wildcards in a stacked division.

The Raiders play calling on offense against the Skins was frankly terrible. Having said that, I could have sworn that the Skins had the Raiders playbook in advance.

Carr was horrible but I'm putting that down do a bad day at the office. The Receivers though, are overrated. Cooper is a decent receiver not the stud he's projected to be. Both he and Crabtree drop too many balls. The Raiders D is average.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I missed most of Sunday's games but I came back home to watch Chiefs squeeze in another win in the few last minutes of the game. I was surprised how physical and good the Redskins' D was against KC, but they have 4 injured players now. Next game is going to be a big challenge against Texans' D. It's another Sunday night game and I can watch it.

I feel bad for your team @britbox as I learned that Carr will be off for at least 2 weeks, possibly 6 with fractured back. That sucks.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I missed most of Sunday's games but I came back home to watch Chiefs squeeze in another win in the few last minutes of the game. I was surprised how physical and good the Redskins' D was against KC, but they have 4 injured players now. Next game is going to be a big challenge against Texans' D. It's another Sunday night game and I can watch it.

I feel bad for your team @britbox as I learned that Carr will be off for at least 2 weeks, possibly 6 with fractured back. That sucks.

Yeah, not so high on the Raiders right now, particularly with Carr out. Skins are looking like a decent ball club this season even with a .500 record.

I think the KC will win the west... the big stepping stone for them will be doing the business in the playoffs.

Reactions: Billie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow @Billie - insane game between the Raiders and Chiefs with crazy ending. Carr back to his best and leads the Raiders to a 31-30 win on the last play of the game - which had to be retaken about 3 times because of various penalties.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well I wasn't too thrilled about some of those penalties, but I guess the more desperate team won. Still Chiefs should have won that game. They had 4 starting offensive guys missing, hopefully they get them back soon.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders lose their fifth of the season. No playoffs for Oakland this season... the rest of the schedule is stacked.

The team is loaded with talent on offense... but the playcalling is horrific. I just don't get why they fired the offensive co-ordinator after last season.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well they missed Carr for 2 games so that contributed to their losses as well.

Eagles with the best record in the league so far, who would have thought.:wacko:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What an amazingly disappointing season! In my wildest dreams I never imagined the G-men would flame out like this. At least this means we'll get a decent draft pick. Sadly I have to say it's time to give some serious thought to a replacement for Eli. If you aren't going to work on sorting out the offensive line you have to have a QB with mobility FFS! Looking at Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson, I'm green with envy!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure how the Giants got so bad, so quickly. On the highlights I saw, it basically said that they just gave up.

Raiders got it done in a must-win situation. 4-5 now and only a couple of games down on the Chiefs. Maybe all is not lost as first thought... but they've got a hell of schedule... Pats next in two weeks time.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not sure how the Giants got so bad, so quickly. On the highlights I saw, it basically said that they just gave up.

Raiders got it done in a must-win situation. 4-5 now and only a couple of games down on the Chiefs. Maybe all is not lost as first thought... but they've got a hell of schedule... Pats next in two weeks time.
I'm hearing that the owner's have sanctioned looking at the top college QB's.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it didn't help that ODB got hurt for year but they were struggling beforehand. Their defense was great last year but the offense has sucked for many years now and Eli is part of that. They didn't get the same defensive performance this year clearly and therefore they suck.

They'd still beat the Packers right now. It's worse when your whole team is one hit away from being garbage. I've always rated Rodgers highly and based on the last few weeks it's possible I've underrated him. Vegas lines for the three weeks (including vs Bears this week) have been an 11-12 point swing without Rodgers and that is unheard of. And I have a feeling that may end up being 14-15 points soon. Only good thing that can come out of this is that they may finally have to clean house.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
britbox Other Sports 280
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228