Second Round Results - Monday, May 6, 2019
upload_2019-5-7_5-22-25.png

upload_2019-5-7_5-23-11.png

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Miami a premier mandatory?

You mean Madrid and it is not IIRC.

There are four PMs. IW, M, Rome and some Chinese tourney.

If Rome is not premier, then Madrid is. Only one of them is premier.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You mean Madrid and it is not IIRC.

There are four PMs. IW, M, Rome and some Chinese tourney.

If Rome is not premier, then Madrid is. Only one of them is premier.
Stop assuming. I already know Madrid is premier mandatory from Margaret's original post. I asked about Miami because if it's a premier, then Serena has won it 8 times and she would hold the record for most premier mandatory events.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Stop assuming. I already know Madrid is premier mandatory from Margaret's original post. I asked about Miami because if it's a premier, then Serena has won it 8 times and she would hold the record for most premier mandatory events.

The notion of "Premier Madatory" is a relatively new one. So, even though Serena might have won Miami 8 times, in some of those instances Miami was probably not a premier mandatory.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I receive a monthly email from WTA First Serve,covering all the present tournaments,updates of ranking's,coaching changes etc.
Yesterday I received their email with the information that Petra Kvitova,defending Champion at the Madrid tournament is bidding for WTA history.No woman has won a single Premier Mandatory four times.Kvitova is bidding for her fourth Madrid title.When the issue was questioned here on this website I then investigated all the previous winners of the WTA Premier Mandatory tournaments.Serena Williams has won Miami eight times.Yesterday I sent WTA First Serve an email regarding this and waiting for their reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck for Kerber who had to withdraw today due to a right ankle injury.Kerber said in her press conference she twisted it a bit in practice.Kerber still hopes to play in Rome.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The notion of "Premier Madatory" is a relatively new one. So, even though Serena might have won Miami 8 times, in some of those instances Miami was probably not a premier mandatory.
It's not that new. It's been around for awhile, at least 10 years maybe longer. Do a little research first instead of assuming.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I receive a monthly email from WTA First Serve,covering all the present tournaments,updates of ranking's,coaching changes etc.
Yesterday I received their email with the information that Petra Kvitova,defending Champion at the Madrid tournament is bidding for WTA history.No woman has won a single Premier Mandatory four times.Kvitova is bidding for her fourth Madrid title.When the issue was questioned here on this website I then investigated all the previous winners of the WTA Premier Mandatory tournaments.Serena Williams has won Miami eight times.Yesterday I sent WTA First Serve an email regarding this and waiting for their reply.
Thank you Margaret. I'm sure they'll respond with a comment.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Second Round Results - Tuesday, May 7, 2019
upload_2019-5-8_5-30-57.png

upload_2019-5-8_5-30-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-8_5-29-21.png
    upload_2019-5-8_5-29-21.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 94

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Bad luck for Kerber who had to withdraw today due to a right ankle injury.Kerber said in her press conference she twisted it a bit in practice.Kerber still hopes to play in Rome.

It's a wonder it doesn't happen more often with players like her and from the recent past, S.Wm. & Clijster who run, slide, & do splits when scrambling! :oops: :nono: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Did you get a reply?