Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, ATP Masters 1000

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Fine, but what is his up-side?

I have no idea. I was surprised myself because he lost easily to not so good Nole recently. The only thing I've found is that people were amazed by his level of p[lay and forehands in last two wins.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have no idea. I was surprised myself because he lost easily to not so good Nole recently. The only thing I've found is that people were amazed by his level of p[lay and forehands in last two wins.
I'm feeling that he`s leveling into a solid journeyman, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone thinks he has any particular strengths. He has been making it into main draws.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I had seen one or two matches of Lajovic. He has booming serve based on what I saw. I did not see his Madrid matches.

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I read comments of people thinking he is playing good enough that it is not impossible that he may beat Delpo.

Saw quick parts of his last win. He is playing well indeed, but he needs to be at his absolute peak form to have a chance against an in form del Potro. But he is a solid player, which is always a bonus on clay. His bh is particularly solid, and I guess this is the small opening that he has in this match.

By the way I saw 5 or 6 games of his match against Djokoivc. He was making a lot of errors, contrary to his normal. This explains the score line.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Djoker needs to man up, he is garbage out there and is just embarrassing himself.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Go Cuevas! (despite the mustachio)

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic's comeback has been shocking. It's a testament to how good and dominant he was that he's still the only player I sort of worry about if Nadal were to play him on clay (but only because I'm a paranoid super-fan), but right now he's not getting to Nadal to begin with. This is awful.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Great win for Edmund on his fav surface.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Djokovic's comeback has been shocking. It's a testament to how good and dominant he was that he's still the only player I sort of worry about if Nadal were to play him on clay (but only because I'm a paranoid super-fan), but right now he's not getting to Nadal to begin with. This is awful.
WTF is wrong with this guy? I get losing in the first round, which he managed a couple of times, but you beat a guy like Kei, that should do something for your confidence and game , no? He just cannot sustain anything !
Maybe he needs to just play a challenger and get 4-5 wins in a row just because...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak won three matches and lost three matches this clay season so far. If he cannot win 7 matches in the clay warm-up season, there is literally no way that he can win 7 matches at RG.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
WTF is wrong with this guy? I get losing in the first round, which he managed a couple of times, but you beat a guy like Kei, that should do something for your confidence and game , no? He just cannot sustain anything !
Maybe he needs to just play a challenger and get 4-5 wins in a row just because...

I agree. Whenever one comes back from injury, winning a title (no matter how small the tourney is) brings a lot of confidence in you.
Novak could have chosen to play in Hungary instead of in Barcelona.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn peasant is running through everyone too quick this year. No chance he gets burnt out before RG, not that it'd matter anyways.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Most players have injury problems but this should not take away from Edmunds win.Kyle is now in the top 20 with his win over Nole.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Edmund's forehand is a monster, I'll give you that.

BTW, Nadal eases past Monfils (with more winners than him :D , but ok, against Monfils does not count...).

Actually Edmund is a good candidate to conquer a set from him.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Can't wait for this Nadal nightmare to be over.