Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2023 - Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Coric showing teeth early on, but things can go south for him very quick if he loses focus.

edit: or Alcaraz brings his best tennis
He fun to watch when he plays like that. Am happy to see Coric back healthy. Tennis channel says the key for Coric is make it go long. He's doing that, though birthday boy did just get the break.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz brings you back all the time with those crazy spins, you expect another heavy ball and then he makes a dropshot. You can do absolutely nothing.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes with wife number ??????? Enjoying Jim Courier doing voice impersonations of Borg on Tennis Channel, but in a complementary way. Nothing but nice things to say about Borg.
I have lost count of the number of wifes lol! he is my tennis idol, retired too young at age 25.

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
The only thing that will save Borna in this match is if they send a barber to the courts during a change over and cut his hair. I like the guy but that mullet looks makes me think of a very young Andre Agassi or last year's version of JJ Wolf. My hair is similar in length but I am not out chasing a tennis ball for a living, cut your hair Borna!:clap:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This has been a high quality first set so far from both players, I dont mind getting out of bed at midnight my time to watch lol!
Alcaraz was made to work for the first set 64

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So this is the new on court coaching regime? A tragedy, and a travesty. The wimps will carry a portable spine on court. I don’t know of a single great player who wants to be disturbed at work…
I couldn't agree more and all of that aside, it's not helping the Greek. It didn't help him when it was illegal and they had an Aussie sting operation and it's not helping him now that it's allowed. Why his dense family can't understand this and get the boy the appropriate help he needs, is above my paygrade to diagnose.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The only thing that will save Borna in this match is if they send a barber to the courts during a change over and cut his hair. I like the guy but that mullet looks makes me think of a very young Andre Agassi or last year's version of JJ Wolf. My hair is similar in length but I am not out chasing a tennis ball for a living, cut your hair Borna!:clap:
I get the impression he's trying to attain a Foki-style pony.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Happy Birthday Alcaraz on your 20th birthday! good tough win
Shout out to Coric who has played great tennis this week, you tested Alcaraz today

Reactions: AnonymousFan