Mutua Madrid Open 2017 Clay Masters

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
kskate2 said:
Carol35 said:
I'm not watching the match but I have seen Novak playing in the previous matches and he looked very motivated, shouting and playing well. Maybe you (like others) are the one who doesn't like to give Nadal too much credit?

So basically you not even watching the match so you can't give an accurate assessment of what's happening on the court. Previous play doesn't = today's play. And don't give me crap about giving credit to Nadal. I already said he was playing well. I will not bow down and worship him so don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Your comment confirms my point of view

If you're not watching the match you have no point of view. How can you comment on something you can't see?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Great point. Ended with a great drop shot by Nadal. A full commentary for Carol who isn't watching but knows everything from the score. Or maybe not.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great dropper by Nadal... you have to be pin perfect against someone like Djokovic with his court coverage. Back to deuce... and now Nadal has another match point.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Shame it ended there. Was hoping to see more. Well played by Nadal.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
kskate2 said:
So basically you not even watching the match so you can't give an accurate assessment of what's happening on the court. Previous play doesn't = today's play. And don't give me crap about giving credit to Nadal. I already said he was playing well. I will not bow down and worship him so don't hold your breath waiting for it.

If you're not watching the match you have no point of view. How can you comment on something you can't see?

METIDO! I'm not talking about the match but about Novak is not playing so bad in general but not so brutal like he was playing these previous years. And looking the scores it seems tha he refuses to lose......but he did

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Front242 said:
Carol35 said:

METIDO! I'm not talking about the match but about Novak is not playing so bad in general but not so brutal like he was playing these previous years. And looking the scores it seems tha he refuses to lose

He lost :Cover

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Game over dude. Novak presses again by another ill advised showing at the net again and volleys an error :cover

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Obviously, Rafa HAD to win that match, given their relative current states of form, but the scoreline was still a little bit of a surprise.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Now I'll give my assessment of the match for Carol and others: Like I said before, Novak was pretty poor in the 1st set, but played much better in the 2nd set. That said his level of consistency is not good enough to defeat a top 10 player. I think it hurt him not to have a match against Nishi. He needs more reps on the clay until he can find his timing and confidence again. Nadal has played better with each tournament this clay swing. His serve has improved and he's serving into the body more. He's had the tougher draw playing Fog, Nicky and McFly. He deserves his place in the final and has a really good chance whomever his opponent.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Spanish bull looked very bulll like. He should feel very confident going into Rome next week. Things are looking well for him

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can't see Cuevas or Thiem scoring an upset in the final, so he'll be riding the crest of a wave going into Rome, for sure.

Djokovic? Hopefully this loss lights a fire under him. I still think he'll get a second wind at some point... but it might take him getting his ass handed to him a few times to light that fire... and he got his ass handed to him today.

Reactions: shawnbm

BIG3

Futures Player
Reactions
In his peak, Nole mixed Fed offense with Rafa defense. In his decline/slump, he lacked Fed shot making or Rafa control of UE.