Miami Open, Miami, FL, 2023 - WTA 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, 22+ minute tiebreaker, and Kvitova wins it, 16-14. Come on, Petra!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had to run out at 2-0 Kvitova, and now it's 5-2 already! Is that the difference in confidence/relaxation v. the let-down of losing such a tight TB? I don't take Rybakina as one to just go away.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty good match - and - Oh Petra YOU WON - congrats

1680382547372.png

1680383282340.png

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had to run out at 2-0 Kvitova, and now it's 5-2 already! Is that the difference in confidence/relaxation v. the let-down of losing such a tight TB? I don't take Rybakina as one to just go away.
I'd say both, but Kvitova was just swinging freely in the 2nd set and when she serves like this opponent doesn't have much of a chance.

I'm gladly surprised by her level of play here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching the womens final between Petra and Elena
Wow Petra you served lights out in the final today and I was delighted how you hung in there in the TB
A much deserved title and your 30th in fact. I have met Petra at a Sydney tournament many years ago, she is delightful and everyone really likes and admires her both on and off the court.
I never really thought Elena looked comfortable in Miami, even though this court suited her to a tee.Credit to her for making the final.
Both ladies have huge serves and big fhand hands, though playing a lefty like Petra can be difficult, just ask Elena.
So proud of your Petra! and with this win your back in the Top 10!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow Petra you served lights out in the final today and I was delighted how you hung in there in the TB
A much deserved title and your 30th in fact. I have met Petra at a Sydney tournament many years ago, she is delightful and everyone really likes and admires her both on and off the court.
I never really thought Elena looked comfortable in Miami, even though this court suited her to a tee.Credit to her for making the final.
Both ladies have huge serves and big fhand hands, though playing a lefty like Petra can be difficult, just ask Elena.
Happy for Petra but she beat my new baby ..well kskate @kskate2 CAN'T say I have picked a scrub with Elena.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kvitova has already a legendary status. People love her. And she kicked the ass of that burglar. She's a lioness.