Miami Open, Miami, FL, 2023 - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Perfect time for a drop shot Jess, even though you had help with the net cord, too good in the t/break

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What a match with many twists and turns, Jess saved 2 MPs
Jess too good in the t/break for Potapova, was the more aggressive one with control
Well done to Potapova her inexperience showed in the t/break, keep practicing! a good tournament again for you reaching the QF!

Pegula d Potapova 46 63 76(2) she will meet Rybakina in the SF

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wednesday matches, March 29,
QFs,

(2) Aryna Sabalenka vs Sorana Cirstea First meeting

(15) Petra Kvitova vs Ekaterina Alexandrova (18) H2H Kvitova 1-0 their only match was at the AO 2020, 3rd rd, Petra won 61 62

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That's a good win for Jess,and now it's not going to be easy with Rybakina who is part of the "Big three".

Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2134.jpeg

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was there yesterday and Elena just had too much for the Italian, who simply can't get to balls when swung wide. It is unfortunate, but Elena has too many weapons against Martina. Then I saw Carlos win in straight sets over Tommy Paul and that was a good one at times with some highlight points. Much more aggressiveness in their match compared to Martina and Elena. Was a pleasure to be there to watch the matches, but rain caused me to leave by nine EST to get back home.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Did anyone see Mr Wozniacki sitting in the stands watching the Saba and Cirstea match?.I think he wants to coach someone...anyone.Garcia needs a coach like yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: tented and kskate2

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I don't know who did the scheduling, but Kvitova is getting a raw deal here. Rybakina/Pegula played on Tuesday and I don't think it's fair that they get to play second (with Rybakina getting 2 full days in between matches), while Kvitova doesn't even get 24 hours between matches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know who did the scheduling, but Kvitova is getting a raw deal here. Rybakina/Pegula played on Tuesday and I don't think it's fair that they get to play second (with Rybakina getting 2 full days in between matches), while Kvitova doesn't even get 24 hours between matches.
This isn't about fairness. The scheduling is correct. Petra was supposed to play QF last night but it got washed out. She's a round behind. Elena and Jess are playing SF tonight. What's so difficult to understand about that.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
This isn't about fairness. The scheduling is correct. Petra was supposed to play QF last night but it got washed out. She's a round behind. Elena and Jess are playing SF tonight. What's so difficult to understand about that.
Oops, you're right. I forgot they didn't even play last night. Tbh, I really haven't been following this tournament closely since Coco got eliminated.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
why can't he just be visiting the grandbabies? :lol6:
I think he now lives in Florida near his beloved daughter.The Wozniackis seem to be a close-knit family.
I think he is bored just playing with the grandkids,and he can coach the lower ranked players to start with, plus has a wealth of experience acquired whilst coaching Caroline.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think he now lives in Florida near his beloved daughter.The Wozniackis seem to be a close-knit family.
I think he is bored just playing with the grandkids,and he can coach the lower ranked players to start with, plus has a wealth of experience acquired whilst coaching Caroline.
He could, but he probably doesn't want to travel as much as would be required. What he could do is work at one of the various academies that have a base here, then he doesn't have to travel

Reactions: tented and tossip