Miami Open, Miami, FL, 2023 - WTA 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I don't know who did the scheduling, but Kvitova is getting a raw deal here. Rybakina/Pegula played on Tuesday and I don't think it's fair that they get to play second (with Rybakina getting 2 full days in between matches), while Kvitova doesn't even get 24 hours between matches.

It's been happening more & more; men's and ladies' tours! What's the deal? It was bad enough during majors, now a regular thing on the tours! :anxious-face-with-sweat:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Come on, Jess! TB is getting away from Pegula. Rain delay what she needs?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know who did the scheduling, but Kvitova is getting a raw deal here. Rybakina/Pegula played on Tuesday and I don't think it's fair that they get to play second (with Rybakina getting 2 full days in between matches), while Kvitova doesn't even get 24 hours between matches.
She will be aight relax it's tennis ..

Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2155.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Cirstea just blew 2 SPs serving at 5-3, and now Kvitova has BP to get it back on serve.

EDIT: Kvitova broke back.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Love hold for Kvitova, and it’s 5-5. Cirstea must be fuming inside.

Broken at love. Kvitova to serve for it at 6-5.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She is not really taking advantage of her opportunities..
This is the old Sorana. She was labeled as a talented attractive choker and this is some of the same behavior. She better change her attitude quick or she will get rolled outta here in straights.

Reactions: tossip

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Well, may the better player win. I get a lot of flack for being a Giorgi fan, and that is understandable. i
If the death penalty was not a part of the Florida judicial system Sergio would be looking over his shoulder. I AM KIDDING FOLKS. But I digress. Giorgi won a WTA 1000 event in Canada and many other players have won very accomplished events in the past. So it makes me wonder, is the WTA that OPEN that any player in the top 50 can win a 1000 event? It seems unimaginable in the 80s or even 90s?

So I ask fellow Tennis Frontier posters, what are your feelings on the status of the WTA, and it's players, today?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well, may the better player win. I get a lot of flack for being a Giorgi fan, and that is understandable. i
If the death penalty was not a part of the Florida judicial system Sergio would be looking over his shoulder. I AM KIDDING FOLKS. But I digress. Giorgi won a WTA 1000 event in Canada and many other players have won very accomplished events in the past. So it makes me wonder, is the WTA that OPEN that any player in the top 50 can win a 1000 event? It seems unimaginable in the 80s or even 90s?

So I ask fellow Tennis Frontier posters, what are your feelings on the status of the WTA, and it's players, today?

They're all equally able to win any event due to how they're playing; sorta like the men going all out whacking away! The WTA's been w/o a significant #1 for ages! Serena allowed the other ladies to catch up w/ her half-hearted play the last several years! Was hoping Osaka or Barty would take her place, but both out one way or another! I like Iga, but not sure she can continue her top spot; esp. when the court speeds up! :thinking-face:

Reactions: Ellentonboy

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Lil Bit is completely dragging down this doubs match. They've had 4 MP's and lost them all on errors.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
They finally get through on the 5th MP after an error by their opponent. Well there will be a battle of North Americans. 3 US and 1 Canadian on the court Sun

Reactions: Moxie