Miami Open, Florida, USA, WTA Premier 2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Miami Open Final

johanna-konta.jpg
v
caroline-wozniacki.jpg

Johanna Konta (10) v Caroline Wozniacki (12)

H2H: Konta leads 1-0

2017 Australian Open R32 Hard Johanna Konta Caroline Wozniacki 6-3 6-1
---

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was really impressed with Caroline's play,she mixed it up and really dismantled Pliskova's game,with great angles using all the court.Caroline also showed up Pliskova's movement on the court,an area she needs to address.I did not see Jo v Venus match,though I was impressed the way Jo came back in her match against Halep.Going on present form I feel this match will go the distance,if Caroline can produce the same high level of play in her s.final match I will give her the edge.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was really impressed with Caroline's play,she mixed it up and really dismantled Pliskova's game,with great angles using all the court.Caroline also showed up Pliskova's movement on the court,an area she needs to address.I did not see Jo v Venus match,though I was impressed the way Jo came back in her match against Halep.Going on present form I feel this match will go the distance,if Caroline can produce the same high level of play in her s.final match I will give her the edge.

I'd prefer Caro to take the title here but I'm leaning slightly toward Konta as a pick.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Jo Konta with her 2nd WTA title and her biggest title win thus far she defeated Woznicacki 64 63,Caroline had a MTO in the first set,Konta took time away from Caroline in this match,deserved her win.Jo will rise to No 7 in the world when the new rankings came out on Monday,also a good tournament from Caroline who is having good consistent results so far this year.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Jo Konta with her 2nd WTA title and her biggest title win thus far she defeated Woznicacki 64 63,Caroline had a MTO in the first set,Konta took time away from Caroline in this match,deserved her win.Jo will rise to No 7 in the world when the new rankings came out on Monday,also a good tournament from Caroline who is having good consistent results so far this year.

Yep, Congrats to Johanna Konta, biggest win by a female British tennis players for decades... although really she's a global citizen like Lennox Lewis... Australian born with Hungarian heritage.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep another Aussie that got away:)
Didn't know that. Happy for Konta. She was super-tough in that match. Wozniaki has been playing better of late, but she's got a lot to think about.