Miami Open, Florida, USA, WTA Premier 2017

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Order of Play - Monday

STADIUM start 11:00 am

WTA - [15] B. Strycova (CZE) vs [2] Ka. Pliskova (CZE)

Not Before 1:00 pm
WTA - [6] G. Muguruza (ESP) vs [12] C. Wozniacki (DEN)
ATP - [4] R. Federer (SUI) vs [29] J. del Potro (ARG)
ATP - [18] J. Isner (USA) vs [16] A. Zverev (GER)

Not Before 7:30 pm
ATP - [1] S. Wawrinka (SUI) vs M. Jaziri (TUN)

Not Before 9:00 pm
WTA - [11] V. Williams (USA) vs [7] S. Kuznetsova (RUS)

GRANDSTAND start 11:00 am
ATP - [10] T. Berdych (CZE) vs [24] G. Muller (LUX)
ATP - [22] S. Querrey (USA) vs [14] R. Bautista Agut (ESP)

Not Before 3:00 pm
WTA - [1] A. Kerber (GER) vs [Q] R. Ozaki (JPN)
ATP - [12] N. Kyrgios (AUS) vs [17] I. Karlovic (CRO)

Not Before 5:00 pm
ATP - D. Schwartzman (ARG) vs [8] D. Goffin (BEL)

COURT 1 start 11:00 am
WTA - L. Safarova (CZE) vs [4] D. Cibulkova (SVK)
ATP - A. Mannarino (FRA) vs B. Coric (CRO)
WTA - [26] M. Lucic-Baroni (CRO) vs [WC] B. Mattek-Sands (USA)
WTA - [10] J. Konta (GBR) vs L. Arruabarrena (ESP)
WTA - [3] S. Halep (ROU) vs [14] S. Stosur (AUS)

COURT 2 start 11:00 am
ATP - [6] L. Kubot (POL) / M. Melo (BRA) vs J. Rojer (NED) / H. Tecau (ROU)
ATP - B. Baker (USA) / D. Nestor (CAN) vs [2] P. Herbert (FRA) / N. Mahut (FRA)
WTA - [PR] A. Barty (AUS) / C. Dellacqua (AUS) vs [5] Y. Chan (TPE) / M. Hingis (SUI)
ATP - [1] H. Kontinen (FIN) / J. Peers (AUS) vs N. Monroe (USA) / J. Sock (USA)

COURT 7 start 1:00 pm
WTA - S. Aoyama (JPN) / Z. Yang (CHN) vs [4] A. Hlavackova (CZE) / S. Peng (CHN)
WTA-After Suitable Rest - [3] S. Mirza (IND) / B. Strycova (CZE) vs T. Babos (HUN) / A. Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Garbine/Caro and Venus/Svetlana look the pick of the bunch. I've not been convinced by Garbine, she's one of my favourite players but I think she's ripe for plucking by Caro (another fave). I reckon Caro wins that one. Venus/Svetlana is a toss up for me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Garbine/Caro and Venus/Svetlana look the pick of the bunch. I've not been convinced by Garbine, she's one of my favourite players but I think she's ripe for plucking by Caro (another fave). I reckon Caro wins that one. Venus/Svetlana is a toss up for me.

I do not know if Garbine is still carrying a niggling injury,I have to agree with you I have not been impressed with her form so far,also I wish the WTA would stop using the microphone when the coaches come down in a break,I am against on court coaching full stop.Garbine in a previous match told her coach in no uncertain terms to F the shut up? he quickly replied dont you dare speak to me like that ever again,she apologised,still I did not need to hear that.

Venus v Sveta could be a good match,Venus I feel is not 100%.I am going for a Sveta win.Caroline will test out Garbine's movement on court,to me she is the fitter player,if Garbine is not playing first strike tennis,I feel Caroline will win.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do not know if Garbine is still carrying a niggling injury

I think you're right, I heard her mumbling something to her coach at Indian Wells that alluded to that. Couldn't pick it up properly but his response was clearer, and paraphrasing "Only we know about that, she doesn't know..." so I'm guessing she is/was carrying a niggle. She did seem to be moving OK in that particular match though.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think you're right, I heard her mumbling something to her coach at Indian Wells that alluded to that. Couldn't pick it up properly but his response was clearer, and paraphrasing "Only we know about that, she doesn't know..." so I'm guessing she is/was carrying a niggle. She did seem to be moving OK in that particular match though.

I remember that match in IW she had the trainer out? to me she was moving ok,or maybe she wasnt pushing herself.I feel at times she is too emotional and that can cause not to focus on that match at hand.Garbine has soo much potential as we have seen already a GS winner and she has the game to win more.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think she is carrying an injury and that seemed clear, even if she was also ill today. But I am totally against on-court coaching. Mary Carillo was on a rant against it today on Tennis Channel. She's right. It's demeaning. It's bad optics. And supposedly they're talking about doing it for the #nextgen event with the men. Thoughts?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think she is carrying an injury and that seemed clear, even if she was also ill today. But I am totally against on-court coaching. Mary Carillo was on a rant against it today on Tennis Channel. She's right. It's demeaning. It's bad optics. And supposedly they're talking about doing it for the #nextgen event with the men. Thoughts?

I don't like on-court coaching at all. Part of the sport is being able to make your own adjustments.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some finish for Vee!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Miami Women's Singles Round 4 matches on Monday

11-Venus Williams (U.S.) beat 7-Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 6-3 7-6(4)
26-Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (Croatia) beat Bethanie Mattek-Sands (U.S.) 7-5 6-4
1-Angelique Kerber (Germany) beat Risa Ozaki (Japan) 6-2 6-2
12-Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) beat 6-Garbine Muguruza Blanco (Spain) 7-6(1) 0-0 (Muguruza retired)
Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic) beat 4-Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 7-6(5) 6-1
2-Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) beat 15-Barbora Strycova (Czech Republic) 6-1 6-4
3-Simona Halep (Romania) beat 14-Samantha Stosur (Australia) 4-6 7-5 6-2
10-Johanna Konta (Britain) beat Lara Arruabarrena Vecino (Spain) 7-5 6-1

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
12-Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) beat 6-Garbine Muguruza Blanco (Spain) 7-6(1) 0-0 (Muguruza retired)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Order of Play - Tuesday

STADIUM start 11:00 am
ATP - F. Delbonis (ARG) vs [2] K. Nishikori (JPN)

Not Before 1:00 pm
WTA - [26] M. Lucic-Baroni (CRO) vs [2] Ka. Pliskova (CZE)
ATP - [5] R. Nadal (ESP) vs N. Mahut (FRA)
ATP - [4] R. Federer (SUI) vs [14] R. Bautista Agut (ESP)

Not Before 7:30 pm
WTA - [12] C. Wozniacki (DEN) vs L. Safarova (CZE)

Not Before 9:00 pm
ATP - [12] N. Kyrgios (AUS) vs [8] D. Goffin (BEL)

GRANDSTAND start 10:50 am
ATP - F. Fognini (ITA) vs D. Young (USA)
ATP - [13] J. Sock (USA) vs [Q] J. Donaldson (USA)
ATP - [10] T. Berdych (CZE) vs A. Mannarino (FRA)

Not Before 5:00 pm
ATP - [1] S. Wawrinka (SUI) vs [16] A. Zverev (GER)

COURT 1 start 1:00 pm
WTA - [3] S. Mirza (IND) / B. Strycova (CZE) vs [6] V. King (USA) / Y. Shvedova (KAZ)
WTA - G. Dabrowski (CAN) / Y. Xu (CHN) vs L. Arruabarrena (ESP) / C. Liang (CHN)
WTA - S. Kuznetsova (RUS) / K. Mladenovic (FRA) vs [4] A. Hlavackova (CZE) / S. Peng (CHN)
ATP - N. Monroe (USA) / J. Sock (USA) vs [7] I. Dodig (CRO) / M. Granollers (ESP)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Tactics are a very important part of tennis,at this level you should be able to adjust your game accordingly.I honestly feel it is 'Spoon Feeding' players when a coach has to point out what you are doing wrong.At GS level coaches are not allowed on court,which makes this rule a complete joke.

Reactions: Moxie