Mayweather / Pacquiao

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^That was a shocker. There've been a few over the years. I still grimace at the Haggler Leonard result. Leonard dance around and tried to make Haggler miss, but could put together any power punches. Frankly you have to do more to take a champions belt imho. But it is what it is. So many things wrong with boxing, but I confess I'm a boxing junkie. I know I'll be almost sick with butterflies before the match starts tonight!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
^That was a shocker. There've been a few over the years. I still grimace at the Haggler Leonard result. Leonard dance around and tried to make Haggler miss, but could put together any power punches. Frankly you have to do more to take a champions belt imho. But it is what it is. So many things wrong with boxing, but I confess I'm a boxing junkie. I know I'll be almost sick with butterflies before the match starts tonight!

I can give you one punch, that will kill all the butterflies. ;)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
federberg said:

I can give you one punch, that will kill all the butterflies. ;)

I'm a single malt drinker, I don't really like fruity drinks! :snicker

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
got my snacks, beers, my girl is asleep, friends coming over shortly. Going to be a long night! So exciting :D

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does anyone know if there is a free live stream of this fight on the internet?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^haha! I'll be very impressed if you can find one. I can't even Sky plus this fight. Never even knew they could do that

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
A good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un.

Mayweather all day every day for me. And not just because he easily beat Marquez. I've always felt this way. I think people have tended to underestimate how much catch weights have helped Manny against fighters both he and Floyd have fought. I think he'll be surprised by how quick Floyd is, if he gets caught by one of those check hooks of his it will be over quick. Always thought this match up would be a huge anti-climax. Just a pity we didn't see it when Manny was at his best. Even though he's younger I think he's deteriorated more dramatically than Floyd at this stage..
I agree with you. I would also add that Manny goes for broke all the time, and with smart opponents like Mayweather, Manny will be down very quickly. I think Manny has to be a bit more cautious, but he prefers to attack all the time, exposing himself.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
atttomole said:
Does anyone know if there is a free live stream of this fight on the internet?

Do you seriously think they would be charging $89.99 on pay per view and then simultaneously also let a free live stream run? :laydownlaughing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
don't know how you guys are seeing it, but looks like a masterclass from Floyd to me

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
now for the decision... this will be a travesty if this isn't a unanimous decision for Mayweather

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol! Can't believe Manny. In what world did he think he won that fight?? For once there was not doubt.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I did not watch it. But, according to CNN updates Manny seems to be in the lead till round 7 or so.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I did not watch it. But, according to CNN updates Manny seems to be in the lead till round 7 or so.

I followed it on the Telegraph website and they had Mayweather up 5-2 after seven, and fairly comfortable. Won the first three rounds, and Manny won the fourth. THe fight seems to have panned out as others predicted, with Mayweather just too brilliant in avoidance for Manny to hit him...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Then the guy at CNN must have been on the happy juice (or that punch you were kind enough to offer me). It was remarkably free of controversy. By my count Manny won two rounds and possibly drew another. Every boxer who was asked said the same

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I personally had Manny 7-5 on rounds and if I was given a range I'd have gone to the other aspect of giving it Floyd 7-5. There were 4 rounds or so where you could have scored it either way. 118-110 from one of the judges was an absolute disgrace.

As I told one of my pals, you don't score points for slipping punches... as much as an impressive defensive display Floyd put on, I don't feel he even threw enough shots to take the fight, let alone landed enough. I could have lived with a one or maybe eve two round decision for Floyd... 118-110 gives Manny two rounds... shocking. Not the worst decision I've ever seen... Chavez/Whitaker tops that pol, but one of the poorest one-judge decisions I've ever seen.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
Then the guy at CNN must have been on the happy juice (or that punch you were kind enough to offer me). It was remarkably free of controversy. By my count Manny won two rounds and possibly drew another. Every boxer who was asked said the same

Yeah, but everyone is asking what Manny landed? Reasonable enough.. but what the hell did Floyd land? He offered virtually nothing apart from excellent defense.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 14