Complete scores:

SINGLES - SECOND ROUND

[1] Serena Williams (USA) d Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) | 6 - 2 | 7 - 5 |
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d Madison Keys (USA) | 7 - 6 (3) | 6 - 3 |
Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) d Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) | 6 - 2 | 4 - 6 | 6 - 4 |
[2] Maria Sharapova (RUS) d Christina McHale (USA) | 6 - 1 | 6 - 2 |
Sabine Lisicki (GER) d [15] Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) | 7 - 6 (4) | 7 - 6 (3) |
[16] Ana Ivanovic (SRB) d Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) | 6 - 2 | 6 - 2 |
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) d [11] Nadia Petrova (RUS) | 7 - 6 (2) | 4 - 6 | 6 - 4 |
[14] Marion Bartoli (FRA) d Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) | 6 - 4 | 2 - 6 | 6 - 4 |

DOUBLES - SECOND ROUND
C Black / M Erakovic (ZIM/NZL) d J Jankovic / M Lucic-Baroni (SRB/CRO) | 6 - 3 | 6 - 0 |
K Mladenovic / G Voskoboeva (FRA/KAZ) d N Grandin / V Uhlirova (RSA/CZE) | 2 - 6 | 6 - 4 | 10 - 8 |
[4] R Kops-Jones / A Spears (USA/USA) d V Lepchenko / A Rodionova (USA/AUS) | 7 - 6 (2) | 7 - 6 (6) |

DOUBLES - FIRST ROUND
S Soler-Espinosa / C Suarez Navarro (ESP/ESP) d [8] S Hsieh / S Peng (TPE/CHN) | 7 - 6 (6) | 4 - 6 | 10 - 8 |
A Pavlyuchenkova / L Safarova (RUS/CZE) d G Muguruza / M Torro-Flor (ESP/ESP) | 6 - 4 | 6 - 2 |

Second round is almost compeleted in singles, no heavy casulaties today. That happened on the Men's side.
:)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
It looks like Serena is coming to net a bit more on the clay.
Great.. I mentioned that in another thread that Serena needs to keep coming forward, take control of the net to shorten the points.

MashaFan

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yep - Masha did well - she lost focus on a few occasions else it could have resulted in a double bagel - Anyways - she cruised through - no struggles - Next match vs Sabine Lisicki will be tougher - Another thing - Has anyone else noticed that Masha's shrieks sound different?

BTW - is this Masha talking about her new BF? - Rumors say she has one although I don't take it seriously as of yet
hearty-laugh.gif

1367689856_629514_1367690773_sumario_normal.jpg

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
^^
Isn't Grigor Dimitrov supposed to be her boyfriend, or is that just a rumour?

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Vika is out of Madrid! If Serena doesn't make it to the final now with her side of the draw decimated, then all I have to say is wow!

revan

Reactions
No surprise. Vika has never been too steller on red clay compared to HC.

SingleBackhand

Club Member
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Vika is out of Madrid! If Serena doesn't make it to the final now with her side of the draw decimated, then all I have to say is wow!

Are you saying that Serena has gotten a "cupcake draw" now? :D

Anyways this was even a bigger upset then Li's. It also shows that E. Makarova is a great tennis player. If I recall it right then this isn't the first time she has slayed a top player :)
All the top players who're going to play against her do better not to underestimate her.
Victoria also behaved badly during the match. Shame on her!!

s0210.gif
@ Mashafan

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yes, Serena certainly has a nicer looking draw now, but it didn't start out that way ;). Well we have Makarova still in there the slayer of giants. Well of course Vika is going to behave badly she wants to win, and she had a perfect record before this match. Serena isn't the only sore loser on the women's side ;).

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
SingleBackhand said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

Are you saying that Serena has gotten a "cupcake draw" now? :D

s0210.gif

It's not a "cupcake draw" if your most dangerous potential opponents fall by the wayside, it's called, "your draw opening up."

SingleBackhand

Club Member
Reactions
Calvy said:
It's not a "capcake draw" if your most dangerous potential opponents fall by the wayside, it's called"your draw opening up."
Thanks Calvy :)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kiu said:
SingleBackhand said:

I didn't see the match, can you give us more details?
What did she do?
she gave Alves an earful...kinda liked that

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
After watching Pavlyuchenkova take it to Vika 2 days ago and just barely come up short, I am not surprised to see Makarova beat Vika. I do like Makarova. She's one of those frustrating players who should be more consistent. But what that means is when she gets hot, she gets higher ranked players earlier in tournaments when they're more ripe for upset, especially if they haven't played in a month or so. But, it's also Vika's worst surface, though... I would contend it is also Makarova's worst surface (though I'm not sure about that).

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow - just saw a terriffic third set between Kerber and Kuznetsova - supreme quality. Kuznetsova couldn't outlast Kerber in the end but Kuznetsova will be a factor at the FO. First two sets were not good both players made a ton of errors. Congrats to Kerber for her win and congrats to Kuznetsova for being back on the great scene - well done ladies:) Kerber with good chances of being the new #5.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
The question is, what will Kerbie have left in the tank after playing a gruelling 3 setter that took 2 hours and 20 minutes?
It's obvious Kuzy didn't have much left in her tank after her gruelling 3 setter with Nadia yesterday.

Crunch time is coming up in the next couple of days, the ladies will not have a whole lot of recovery time.

tossip said:
Kiu said:
SingleBackhand said:

I didn't see the match, can you give us more details?
What did she do?
she gave Alves an earful...kinda liked that

I read she smashed her racquet. Argued with the Umpire and lost her temper.

SingleBackhand

Club Member
Reactions
Kiu said:
I read she smashed her racquet. Argued with the Umpire and lost her temper.
That's right and according to the umpire she used bad language on court. Maybe the F word? I actually didn't see or hear that. The match commentators were also a bit upset with Azarenka at the end

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Maria K. lost the first set to the Tennage Frenchwoman, Kristina Mladenovic, in a tie-breaker but stormed back to win the second set 6-1
The winner is to face Serena.

Omair

Club Member
Reactions
Maria K. serving for the match. Hope she plays better against Serena. Hope to see a good match.
and on everybody saying that with Vika being out, Serena's draw has opened up, I don't agree with you. Vika never was a threat to Serena on clay. Clay is Vika's worst surface, it is also Serena's worst but Serena is by leaps and bounds better on clay than Azarenka.
Also would love to see how Ana takes advantage of her draw opening.
and for Makarova, was it not Makarova who defeat Serena in the quarter-finals of Australian Open last year ;)
Would have loved to see Kuznetsova win the match today, but hope she can get her ranking high enough to earn a seed to avoid early match against top players.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I disagree her draw did open up nicely especially when Li went out. Azarenka going out early didn't hurt either as that match could have been 50-50 depending on what happened. Sure there are people who can upset Serena still in it, but on paper, Serena shouldn't have issues. So far, Serena has looked pretty solid. She needs to tighten up her serving a bit, but other than that she has been on point this tournament.