Laver Cup 2022, London, England

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, let me put it this way: it’s an exo, however, it’s not as predetermined an outcome as I thought it might be. If you recall, when Roger and Rafa played charity exhibitions for each other’s charity several years ago, Wertheim wrote something like, “The matches went exactly as you would have predicted: three sets, with the person in their home country winning.”

If Laver Cup were like that, then Roger definitely would have won.
I get ya! It’s more competitive, which I think an exo should be, in a way. It’s also lighthearted, and frivolous, and a bunion on the hoof of tennis scheduling, which is my main gripe about it. I think that next year this event will really have to earn its keep, because I can’t see any of the remaining members of the Big 3 playing..

Reactions: Moxie and tented

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Borg just stands there looking like a silent menace. I think that should be all the coaching they want from him .

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Come on Felix wrap this up and send a message that you might have had a subpar year, but you are trying to start next year better by taking out Djokovic.

Reactions: TheSicilian

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak seems to be having a wrist issue. They showed it getting taped before the match, which seemed weird, but now he's shaking it out, etc.

• Wow

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It seems like Murray and Norrie have been the weak links for Europe. I would say World has had their inspired moments but no clear cut weak link. I think I would have added Tommy Paul to one of the matches for the experience for him. He is a tough out.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Feliz gets the W! And (the rest of the) World takes the lead, for the first time, in...ever? Felix will be glad that this is a sanctioned event, because the win counts.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Feliz gets the W! And (the rest of the World) takes the lead, for the first time, in...ever? Felix will be glad that this is a sanctioned event, because the win counts.
Incredible to take the lead for the first time! I hope The Greek beats Tiafoe so it's decided in the final match

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The World Wins! Somewhat existential phrase.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It is kind of weird seeing World win as Roger retires at Laver Cup, but good to see it finally happen.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
When no one thought World stands a chance. It was kind of a joke really and now they've won. Wow.
I ain't putting my money on the greek ever when the match gets close, he needs to grow a pair of cohones first.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What a turnaround by World when after Day 2 it seemed like Europe was going to run with another win. I’m so glad to see Felix and Tiafoe really push World to the win. Sock was crucial in doubles as he had some fantastic plays in doubles.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From what I am reading Borg and Mac will stand down as Captains for the Laver Cup this year, Borg is the silent captain, though Mac talks non stop.. although some have said they could have one more year and new Captains will be introduced in 2024.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Vancouver next year. Beautiful city.
While I really appreciate this, I also feel like they should really expand and hit places in Central and South America, Africa, and Asia to expand and give those areas an opportunity to see top tennis talent. I hate how Euro and North America centric tennis is, and this tournament is a prime opportunity to move away from that.

Reactions: tented and Moxie