Juan Martin del Potro injury update: Rehab/Practicing. Intends return Jan/Feb '16

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: Juan Martin del Potro injury update: Rehab/Practicing. Intends return in Jan/Feb 2016

tented said:
mrzz said:
Very good to hear! He could be the guy to mix up things (yeah, I know...).

Well, we know when he's healthy, he certainly can be the guy to mix up things. As Front says, he's been unlucky in epic proportions, but I hope this time JMDP can make a healthy, successful comeback.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9AvPwaq5U4[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1FYWL9h5M[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmMDoMr9-8[/video]

It's funny, the last video, reminds you how much Nadal is off the mark nowadays.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Juan Martin del Potro injury update: Rehab/Practicing. Intends return in Jan/Feb 2016

It'll be virtually impossible for DP to shake things up but it'll be great to see him back. Poor bloke, he looked set fair about 6 years after he won the USO, but he's been blighted ever since... :nono

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

can't wait to see him back in Dekray beach

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Even assuming physically he is fully healed and ready to go, it will take him a minimum of one year to get into top 20 considering he is currently ranked outside 1000. So, folks should not expect any major shake up this year. With some luck, things may be shaking up next year. But, somehow I don't have a good feeling about this (even though I like JMDP and wish him the very best).

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

No I agree, I don't have a good feeling either. I wish him well but somehow all hope in DP tends to get crushed...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

^Well, top 20 now means around 1700 points. That's not that much, if (big if) del Potro returns to something close to his form (even his 2012 form). But, yes, around a year to amass that. The target, I guess, would be #32 (~1150 points). One good run at a big one and things become doable.

But that is not the point, I would say, because he'll get wildcards anyway. Of course, he won't be seeded, so this will make things tougher, but on the flip side, if he's playing well, we might get very good first round matches...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
No I agree, I don't have a good feeling either. I wish him well but somehow all hope in DP tends to get crushed...

He's my second favorite after Novak, but I can't same I am not skeptical...