[Jonathan Northrop] The Big Four by Win Percentage

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: The Big Four by Win Percentage

The longevity of Federer and Nadal at the top of the game is simply stunning. It beats connors-Borg-McEnroe, and that is saying something.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: The Big Four by Win Percentage

federberg said:
ricardo said:
Moxie629 said:
ricardo said:
Moxie629 said:
^ I guess I could have counted on your for not coming within a mile of catching any point I try to make.

i never counted on you making a valid point, wanna refresh us on how well Fed played in 2008 RG final? never mind ;)

If you can actually read, you don't read without prejudice.

best example of prejudice is exactly that: Fed didn't play well in 2008 RG final and you kept denying it! i would educate you on this: no player of same calibre would just win 4 games in a slam final no matter how well the other guy played.... you show me any valid example that counters this!

Errr... hate to pick at this... and Fed fan that I am... I was at that match live. My chunnel ticket was for the 9pm train, coz we thought the match could last for 4 or 5 hours. Lasted about 1.5! My point is.. that match was more about Rafa just playing utterly dominant tennis than Roger playing terribly. Yes of course he could have played better (and goodness knows what Higueras had suggested tactically, but puff pace down the line backhands.. why bother!?), but from where I was sitting Rafa was just crushing the ball. It was horrible! Almost about as bad as sitting at a cafe near Gard du Nord afterwards for hours on end waiting for the trip back to London :(

Same as you, federberg, I don't really want to draw this out, and I don't appreciate it getting dragged across 3 threads. However, since you took the trouble to respond, as one who was there, and as a Fed fan, I feel I owe you a response in return. My original point is the one you make: that the match was about how Rafa played, which was also the point of the thread. I never said he played well. (I believe I mentioned that Toni said he'd given up on the match…I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean 'playing well.') I did say he didn't play poorly. Perhaps he was made to look so, but the point was it doesn't matter how Roger played, which is what you said.

I appreciate your insight as one who was at that match. If this needs to go on any further, it should go back to the appropriate thread, which is this one, where the discussion began:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2103