Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2516.jpeg

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Well there was a little one regarding a mark, the crowd booed Murray, though Leylani handled the matter, I must say The Fog makes tennis at times easy, yes weirdest casual -power, though his focus has always been his down fall, their H2H was 4 all,. though I remember a match many years ago Muzz told Fognini to shut up, I think it was the Shanghai Masters, though Fognini can be annoying to fellow players on court.
The umpire didn't handle the matter very well. Hawkeye clearly showed he made a really bad call. Murray was in the right and even I on TV could see it was out.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The umpire didn't handle the matter very well. Hawkeye clearly showed he made a really bad call. Murray was in the right and even I on TV could see it was out.

Was it worth all that furor? It was 1 point! I'm sure Sir Andy's gotten a few breaks over the years! He wasn't winning that match! F3's the MAN!:clap:

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Incredible point!

Back in the day, you had 3 or 4 points like that a whole match! It's almost routine now even for the lowliest of players out there on tour! I'm hopeful seeing points like that instead of witnessing mindless aggression pounding the ball from the baseline the last 20 yrs.! :angry-face: :thinking-face::yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was also watching a womens match at the same time Murray's match was on, I only saw Mo showing Murray the mark on the clay as I missed the Hawkeye shot.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Diego was the r/u in this tournament in 2020, even though it was a fun match in ways, his game this year really has been sub par
Schwartzman has so much to overcome in lack of physical stature, that I wonder if his window of opportunity has closed. He has to beat bigger players with speed and court-coverage, and if he loses a step, he gets hit off the court. I think his heyday may be over.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Schwartzman has so much to overcome in lack of physical stature, that I wonder if his window of opportunity has closed. He has to beat bigger players with speed and court-coverage, and if he loses a step, he gets hit off the court. I think his heyday may be over.
I also agree, though his dad spent 3 weeks in hospital in March this year, with a serious health problem, I read this was weighing badly on him, mentally, though his form hasnt improved this year at all.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I also agree, though his dad spent 3 weeks in hospital in March this year, with a serious health problem, I read this was weighing badly on him, mentally, though his form hasnt improved this year at all.
Yes he hasn't been himself for a long time.I hope everything is now ok in his personal life.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
FAA played down to the level of his competition again...he is free falling down the rankings

As I said, the consistency won't be there with fringe players who have some talent like FAA, Tiafoe & Taylor! They need to be in the zone to be effective! Their rankings will modulate according to the surface & level of competition! Not shocked in the least here! :thinking-face: :yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Only watched a few minutes B4 running an errand, but F3 was defending out of his mind! Kecmanovic was playing well enough! :thinking-face: :fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Efortless Fognini, he is a joy to watch on clay when he gives his best on a court.

Meanwhile Novak is back with that arm compress thing. Down a break in a first set.

Reactions: Fiero425