Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Gasquet will have to wait for his 6oo tour level wins ( he is 2 short at present) Wu Wibing,first Chinese player to get his first tpur level win on clay, also a first for a Chinese player in Rome, wining 36 63 63
I can see Richie getting there on the clay. More than likely he plays the warmup in Nice and then maybe he wins a round at RG.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Fog hit 21 winners in the 1st set winning 64 it took him an hour and around 10 mins to win it
Okay Muzz do what you do best win in 3 sets, their H2H is 4 all
I must say watching The Fog when he is 'on his game' he makes tennis look easy, though at times watching Muzz he makes it look hard :)

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
When is Kokki ever playing Wawrinka? If and when it happens it will be an epic encounter.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Honestly Muzz wake up, you were serving for the 2nd set 5-1, broken, now have 2 BPs against you, trying to serve out again 5-3
Broken again???? back on serve in the 2nd set, The Fog serving at 4-5
Muzz you make things very difficult for yourself at times.
Muzz broke Fognini and is very lucky to win the 2nd set 64, after a huge Brain Fog,, toilet break, onto a 3rd set

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Layani having his hands full with the crowd. Murray is hanging in there with a break down in 3rd set.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Layani having his hands full with the crowd. Murray is hanging in there with a break down in 3rd set.
The Fog took some pills down 1-5 in the 2nd set, seems to be playing better now. Crowd booing, Murray might need ear plugs lol! ,especially playing a Italian

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just heard it. He looks a better right now. Should win this match with a crowd support too.
Actually the Fog given a WC to this tournament, he has 2/8 this year, a lot of injuries, he has had better results in doubles with his partner Bolelli, he is 35, so if he wants to keep playing, maybe doubles is the way to go

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fognini is the first player to defeat Murray in a deciding set in 2023, 64 46 64 in 3 hours to reach the 2nd rd
I guess Muzz might look for a challenger tournament or a smaller clay tournament to get his seeding for RG
( currently #42)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
18 year old Arthur Fils on facing Rune in Rd 2,

" It's okay, I'm 100. They are top 10. I don't put any pressure on my back'.........:)

Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Murray will never be the same again.He is back yes but he still has some way to go.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Murray will never be the same again.He is back yes but he still has some way to go.
Actually it is the best I have seen Fognini play all year, maybe playing in front of his home crowd, brought out the best in him, he is 35, and so far this year he has been 2/8 he has played better in doubles, Muzz just won a challenger tournament, lets see if he plays another clay tournament before RG, he wants to get seeded, as he feel this will be his last chance to play RG ( he is #42)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually it is the best I have seen Fognini play all year, maybe playing in front of his home crowd, brought out the best in him, he is 35, and so far this year he has been 2/8 he has played better in doubles, Muzz just won a challenger tournament, lets see if he plays another clay tournament before RG, he wants to get seeded, as he feel this will be his last chance to play RG ( he is #42)
I was only able to watch a little, but I can't think of any player who makes hitting winners look so much like an after-thought. He has the weirdest casual-power. I'm guessing no explosions during the match?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was only able to watch a little, but I can't think of any player who makes hitting winners look so much like an after-thought. He has the weirdest casual-power. I'm guessing no explosions during the match?
Well there was a little one regarding a mark, the crowd booed Murray, though Leylani handled the matter, I must say The Fog makes tennis at times easy, yes weirdest casual -power, though his focus has always been his down fall, their H2H was 4 all,. though I remember a match many years ago Muzz told Fognini to shut up, I think it was the Shanghai Masters, though Fognini can be annoying to fellow players on court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie