11. Hubert Hurkacz
12. Diego Schwartzman
13. Denis Shapovalov
14. Reilly Opelka
15. Pablo Carreno Busta
16. Robert Bautista Agut

Roma-Foro-Italico-panoramica-2019-1600x1087.jpg.jpg

The Tournament:

The Italian Open, originally called the Italian International Championships, is a tennis tournament held in Rome, Italy. It is one of the most important clay tennis tournaments in the world with the men's competition being an ATP Tour Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour, and the women's competition being a WTA 1000 event on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) tour. The two events were combined in 2011. The tournament is played on clay courts, currently during the second week of May. The event is also known as the "Rome Masters" for male edition, as well as sponsored name "Internazionali BNL d'Italia". Rafael Nadal has won the men's singles title a record ten times.

About Rome:

Rome is the capital city of Italy. It is also the capital of the Lazio region, the centre of the Metropolitan City of Rome, and a special comune named Comune di Roma Capitale. With 2,860,009 residents in 1,285 km2 (496.1 sq mi), Rome is the country's most populated comune and the third most populous city in the European Union by population within city limits. The Metropolitan City of Rome, with a population of 4,355,725 residents, is the most populous metropolitan city in Italy. Its metropolitan area is the third-most populous within Italy. Rome is located in the central-western portion of the Italian Peninsula, within Lazio (Latium), along the shores of the Tiber. Vatican City (the smallest country in the world) is an independent country inside the city boundaries of Rome, the only existing example of a country within a city. Rome is often referred to as the City of Seven Hills due to its geographic location, and also as the "Eternal City". Rome is generally considered to be the "cradle of Western Christian culture and civilization", and the center of the Catholic Church.

2880px-Engelsburg_und_Engelsbrücke_abends.jpg

Pantheon_Rom_1_cropped.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Filling out my draw challenge as I watch the bit of a snore of a SF in Rome, Tsitsipas v. Zverev. (Don't forget the draw challenge, @the AntiPusher, @don_fabio, @rafanoy1992, @tented...who else is playing these days? 10 more hours.) Thiem v. Fognini first round. There's a head-scratcher. LOL.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Projected QFs,
Djokovic vs FAA
Nadal vs Rudd
Rublev vs Tsitsipas
Alcaraz vs Zverev

Some real tough opponents in Novak's quarter! Luckily he's gotten his "sea legs" back & looks pretty good! He was not only in that match with Carlos, he probably should've won it! He missed some FH's & BP opportunities in the end! I think he's on course to defend FO & Wimbledon! It all depends on the draw in Paris! :astonished-face: :fearful-face::yawningface::shushing-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some real tough opponents in Novak's quarter! Luckily he's gotten his "sea legs" back & looks pretty good! He was not only in that match with Carlos, he probably should've won it! He missed some FH's & BP opportunities in the end! I think he's on course to defend FO & Wimbledon! It all depends on the draw in Paris! :astonished-face: :fearful-face::yawningface::shushing-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Novak played well yesterday, I just think he looked a bit tired in patches in the 3rd set against Alcaraz.It was a match he needed going forward to Rome,RG.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It would've been my suggestion! A lot of success means a lot of playing! He's done too much already! :shushing-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::partying-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Probably has a few niggles, he did have that tumble against Rafa,already had his ankle taped,so rest is a good idea.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Reason for withdrawal ( as I expected) from Alcaraz was his ankle and feet.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jannik Sinner has another good draw. If he stays healthy, I can see him reach the SF. He does potentially face Rublev in 4R and Tsitsipas in QF, but that should be a good litmus test for him going into RG.

With Alcaraz's withdrawal, Zverev has a really good chance to reach the SF at the very least.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner has another good draw. If he stays healthy, I can see him reach the SF. He does potentially face Rublev in 4R and Tsitsipas in QF, but that should be a good litmus test for him going into RG.

With Alcaraz's withdrawal, Zverev has a really good chance to reach the SF at the very least.
Hey I need change my picks in the draw challenge since Carlos is not participating!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
RBA has also withdrawn from Rome, as yet I am unable to find out why, though he has had wrist problems of late.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
TC just showed Shapovalov having a meltdown at the umpire, swearing and the crowd, and promptly losing the 2nd set to Sonego. Crowd fully engaged in him losing to local boy now, for sure. Shapo needs to grow up.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tented

Administrator
Reactions
TC just showed Shapovalov having a meltdown at the umpire, swearing and the crowd, and promptly losing the 2nd set to Sonego. Crowd fully engaged in him losing to local boy now, for sure. Shapo needs to grow up.
Why the outburst?

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He really needs to focus on tennis and stop ridiculous outbursts. I’m shocked Jamie Delgado hasn’t gotten through better on focusing on the task at hand and not making things worse. He really went there screaming shut the eff up at the crowd.