Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Good grief..not only you are a bit of a Debbie Downer but now you want to be the Grim Reaper.. Come on Fiero.. give him a chance to recover and rebuild his confidence.

This isn't like the old days! Comp. is stiffer and you can't get away w/ coming back at your own pace! Thiem still hasn't gotten thru the 1st RD.! :facepalm:

Reactions: Kieran

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Clearly some of the younger players need to review the rules of tennis. I like Denis’ tennis, but he really needs to stop. He was mad about a call, and he proceeds to go over to the other side to dispute the call and point out the mark. The umpire proceeds to dock him a point for crossing over to the other side to point out the mark. He proceeds to lose it and tell the crowd to eff off.

Jamie Delgado should probably have a talk that goes something like you need to handle yourself better or our partnership might dissolve.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I really thought that incident with the chair umpire long ago in Davis Cup would have scared him straight on such outbursts of temper. The man had to have eye surgery, AND he embarrassed his country, and lost them the DC tie. Sadly, the lesson was lost on him.
He deserves to be on the Villians list..I'm taking Pairre off the list.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Schwartzman had to work hard to beat Kecmanovic today. The Serb had 2-3 match points at 5-4, but the diminutive Argentine got him in the TB. Did anyone see the doubles team of Isner/Schwartzman on TC yesterday? They are a walking sight-gag, which they know and are enjoying. They won, so you'll get another chance, at least.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic appears to have found form for the most part ahead of the French which bodes well for him since he currently has two options to pick up slam trophies.

• Haha
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's first opponent will be Isner ( watching Isner is like watching paint dry) lol!
( btw somehow Iga Swiatek always seems to bump into Rafa at his practice sessions,strange that).
Rafa's match is 2nd match on center court on Wednesday 1pm local time

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW there is a news report that Shapo is no longer working with Jamie Delgado?, to Delgado's surprise.That did not last long.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Irony is not dead.

He added that tennis could be stricter towards hecklers and take a similar approach to the NBA.
"They're pretty strict, the security and everything, that (fans) don't cross the line. If they do, they're kicked out right away," Shapovalov said.
ETA: Considering Dennis the Menace crossed to the other side of the net, in person I too would have joined in on the heckling. That's something he conveniently left out when he whined about the alleged verbally abusive spectator.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner wins in straight sets 64 63 and he will face fellow Italian Fognini in his next match

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic appears to have found form for the most part ahead of the French which bodes well for him since he currently has two options to pick up slam trophies.

Djokovic is done. You are judging his form after a match against Karatsev has won only 3 of his last 13 matches played? :face-with-hand-over-mouth::yawningface::zippermouthface::astonished-face::face-with-tears-of-joy::thinking-face:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic is done. You are judging his form after a match against Karatsev has won only 3 of his last 13 matches played? :face-with-hand-over-mouth::yawningface::zippermouthface::astonished-face::face-with-tears-of-joy::thinking-face:
I wouldn’t say Djokovic is done. He is playing relatively solid tennis with some minor issues here and there that can easily be ironed out. I’d be careful who you say is done. Many have said Nadal is done only to be proven wrong. Wimbledon is just around the corner and Djokovic tends to do well there.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Irony is not dead.

ETA: Considering Dennis the Menace crossed to the other side of the net, in person I too would have joined in on the heckling. That's something he conveniently left out when he whined about the alleged verbally abusive spectator.
I'm sorry, has Denis forgotten who pays his winnings? And encourages the sponsors to pay him more? The fans. And yes, the irony of crossing the net is delicious.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good win for FFA over the more experienced clay court player Fokina 46 76(2) 62
It is a good win for FAA, who needed it. I think Foki is still growing into his new shoes. (Messed up my draw. Nothing compared to Alcaraz turning into Ruusouvuori, though. LOL)

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is wishful thinking AND trolling. It would be so much more interesting if you'd talk tennis, not grovel around for fan points. Novak broke early and got broken back in the first set. After that, he never really looked back. He played one of his most confident matches of the year. #smallsamplesize

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wouldn’t say Djokovic is done. He is playing relatively solid tennis with some minor issues here and there that can easily be ironed out. I’d be careful who you say is done. Many have said Nadal is done only to be proven wrong. Wimbledon is just around the corner and Djokovic tends to do well there.

Just wishful thinking on some of our parts! When Rafa goes down, a lot of the time it's frustrating when it's leaked he had an injury! Like I really care! How many people has he run to death knowing they're injured? Whenever I hear that BS about his ailments I yawn! It's like he might as well say to all of us, "If I lose a match, it ain't legit!" Novak takes his losses with aplomb, smiling, hugging the guy, and speaks to him while Rafa's snarling and stomps off! It's the way I see it anyway! :fearful-face: :yawningface::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just wishful thinking on some of our parts! When Rafa goes down, a lot of the time it's frustrating when it's leaked he had an injury! Like I really care! How many people has he run to death knowing they're injured? Whenever I hear that BS about his ailments I yawn! It's like he might as well say to all of us, "If I lose a match, it ain't legit!" Novak takes his losses with aplomb, smiling, hugging the guy, and speaks to him while Rafa's snarling and stomps off! It's the way I see it anyway! :fearful-face: :yawningface::face-with-tears-of-joy:
You always remember what you want to. Novak lost early in MC and came up later to say that he was ill. (But not Covid, FFS, of course, because he can't be wrong about not taking the vaccine.) He's claimed personal issues when he lost to Querrey at W in 2016, and elbow when he lost at the Olympic Games shortly after. This is the guy who bails out all gimpy, then wins the next tournament. Like when he quit on Murray at Rogers Cup or Cincy was it, 3 games away from the win in the final, and then he won the USO. I could tell you lots more but I can't be bothered to look them all up. At least when Rafa comes up gimpy he seriously has to take time off the tour. Djokovic cries wolf all the time, then wins a big trophy two weeks later. Djokvovic does NOT take his losses with aplomb. Very often the presser after reveals some niggle. I'd like you to show me one video of Nadal snarling and stomping off when he loses. Sure, you see it your way, but try to take off the Novak-ridiculo-glasses. Your partisanship has moved beyond the amusing.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425