Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
TC just showed Shapovalov having a meltdown at the umpire, swearing and the crowd, and promptly losing the 2nd set to Sonego. Crowd fully engaged in him losing to local boy now, for sure. Shapo needs to grow up.
Well you know I have NEVER been a fan of Sharpo.not because he defeated Rafa years ago in the Rogers Cup but I think his game is a bunch of high risk high stakes nonsense. As we saw quite a few times.. he is another asshole with an attitude.. Put it this way. I like Nicky K's game but thinks his head is not meant to last for more than a few days. I do not enjoy ANYTHING about the Sharpo act

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why the outburst?
They didn't show, as they were covering the Korda match, and just cut to the haranguing of the umpire and the F-bombs. (Which they love to show, then apologize for. LOL.) But it was on aa game point for him, and it went back to deuce. He won the match, btw, in the 3rd.

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lajovic replaces RBA who has withdrawn
Ruusuvuori LL replaces Alcaraz who has withdrawn.Ruusuvuori gets a first rd bye,will play against Garin

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Only a Italian man would dare to take the court in that kit Fabio lol!
Leading Dominic 64 1st set and 5-3 2nd set
Dominic broke Fabio serving for the match 5-4....5 all 2nd set.

Good to see Stan the Man win earlier today.
Also the courts looked much better this year in Roma, than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fognini d Thiem 64 76(5)....Dominic improved late in the 2nd set, a little too late.
Dominic next tournament on clay will be in Geneva Tournament, next week ,where he is the defending champion

Last edited:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Goatdal Winning Rome calling it now unless he's injured of course

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
TC just showed Shapovalov having a meltdown at the umpire, swearing and the crowd, and promptly losing the 2nd set to Sonego. Crowd fully engaged in him losing to local boy now, for sure. Shapo needs to grow up.
This Russian has serious issues with anger,I remember him hitting the umpire on the face with a ball during Davis cup.At AO he had a problem with Rafa now he is fighting with the fans.He is the common denominator in all the situations.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This Russian has serious issues with anger,I remember him hitting the umpire on the face with a ball during Davis cup.At AO he had a problem with Rafa now he is fighting with the fans.He is the common denominator in all the situations.
Shapo is lucky he wasn't faulted for the whole match....maybe the umpire should have faulted him,he might learn a lesson
Shapo is just a 'spiolt brat' who thinks he is above the rules of tennis...maybe his coach should hand him the ATP rule book for starters. he continues to push the boundaries.,one day it will back fire on him, I hope sooner rather than later.
" A player cannot hop over the net to show the chair umpire a mark on his opponents side of the clay court----it is not permitted"

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This Russian has serious issues with anger, I remember him hitting the umpire in the face with a ball during Davis Cup. At AO he had a problem with Rafa now he is fighting with the fans. He is the common denominator in all the situations.

Wow, does that make it more a travesty calling Shapo "Russian" when he's living in Canada and represents them along with FAA & Milos? I came across a video on You Tube where Medvedev was disqualified for going on a racist rant against umpire that favored Donald Young several years ago! No one's a saint out there on a tennis court! :shushing-face: :astonished-face::angry-face::facepalm: - -

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fognini d Thiem 64 76(5)....Dominic improved late in the 2nd set, a little too late.
Dominic next tournament on clay will be in Geneva Tournament, next week ,where he is the defending champion
I thought this was going to be more than just a good test for Dominic. Building blocks.. small steps towards recovery to get back into the top level of the ATP tour (top 20)

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought this was going to be more than just a good test for Dominic. Building blocks.. small steps towards recovery to get back into the top level of the ATP tour (top 20)
Still got a long way to go for Dominic, he used his protected ranking to be able to play in Roma.His current ranking is No 162, he also lost points which he was unable to defend in Madrid going out in the 1st rd.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He might be done! Some injuries you just can't come back from! I thought when Becker broke his wrist, he was done, but somehow did! :shushing-face: :fearful-face:
Lets see, agree it is hard to come back after 11 months with a wrist injury, it will take time,he is still at times running around his bhand,which signals to me he is not that convidant with the wrist.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really thought that incident with the chair umpire long ago in Davis Cup would have scared him straight on such outbursts of temper. The man had to have eye surgery, AND he embarrassed his country, and lost them the DC tie. Sadly, the lesson was lost on him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425
I think sometimes if a wrist for example is a clean break that is easier to heal, which was not the case for Dominic's wrist

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Shapo is lucky he wasn't faulted for the whole match....maybe the umpire should have faulted him,he might learn a lesson
Shapo is just a 'spiolt brat' who thinks he is above the rules of tennis...maybe his coach should hand him the ATP rule book for starters. he continues to push the boundaries.,one day it will back fire on him, I hope sooner rather than later.
" A player cannot hop over the net to show the chair umpire a mark on his opponents side of the clay court----it is not permitted"
Margaret, that's the most forbidden rule in tennis.. you cannot cross the net period. Dennis knew was as being asinine and should have been defaulted when he told the crowd to shut the F up. No way he could do that in Paris or NYC. Dennis didn't not get enough ass spankings as a child. He WILL NEVER win anything because he is not humble.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He might be done! Some injuries you just can't come back from! I thought when Becker broke his wrist, he was done, but somehow did! :shushing-face: :fearful-face:
Good grief..not only you are a bit of a Debbie Downer but now you want to be the Grim Reaper.. Come on Fiero.. give him a chance to recover and rebuild his confidence.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret, that's the most forbidden rule in tennis.. you cannot cross the net period. Dennis knew was as being asinine and should have been defaulted when he told the crowd to shut the F up. No way he could do that in Paris or NYC. Dennis didn't not get enough ass spankings as a child. He WILL NEVER win anything because he is not humble.
I have 'No More Words' for Shapo and his behavior...he is a complete A.. Hole" or Stronzo....Moxie will know what that means:)