Howzat! - Cricket Talk

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bump!

Pakistan won ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Mohammad Amir, Fakhar shine.

Hey Shiva, thanks for bumping this thread - there was a good conversation going about a GOAT XI at the beginning of the thread... from a looong time ago - myself, @GameSetAndMath and @JesuslookslikeBorg .

Would be interested in who your GOAT XI would be. GSM gave a rough outline of the team structure.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big battle in Oz now between the player and the authorities over pay. Question marks over whether this will impact the Ashes series.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dark days for Australian Cricket with the ball tampering scandal.

This story is going to keep on giving for the immediate future.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
all the major countries have tampered with balls before. I'm sure they're all still at it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
all the major countries have tampered with balls before. I'm sure they're all still at it.

Yep, and SA shouldn't be rolling around as the victim given their history - particularly Cronje's match-fixing... but this story has exploded in Oz.

It would seem Warner was the architect but the fallout has been pretty big.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RIP Dean Jones.

One of my favourite batsmen. Exciting to watch and a fast scorer. One of the best one day players around. Character and the level of competition curtailed his chances at test level but he still got 52 caps.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the inaugural world test championship final was recently played..

all the 12 test match countries sort of play each other over a 2year cycle and 1st plays 2nd in a neutral one off test match for the final..

new zealand defeated india in a rain bothered match, but a reserve 6th day was used up to help make up time lost..hope this new idea succeeds as it brings a focal point to the disparate eddys of world test cricket..btw nz population 5.1m, india pop 1'400'000'000m or 1.4billion.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the inaugural world test championship final was recently played..

all the 12 test match countries sort of play each other over a 2year cycle and 1st plays 2nd in a neutral one off test match for the final..

new zealand defeated india in a rain bothered match, but a reserve 6th day was used up to help make up time lost..hope this new idea succeeds as it brings a focal point to the disparate eddys of world test cricket..btw nz population 5.1m, india pop 1'400'000'000m or 1.4billion.

We really needed a world test championship. In test matches it is usually between two countries and we have no direct way of knowing who is the top dog.
However, I did not even know that this concept existed (i was away from following cricket for quite a while thanks to unlce sam).

Reactions: JesuslookslikeBorg
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 2
GameSetAndMath Other Sports 24