Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
#1 with a bullet!

Vamos :clap :clap :clap

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Felicidades Rafa! He's a tremendous warrior.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
shawnbm said:
Felicidades Rafa! He's a tremendous warrior.

That's it Shawn! Commentators were writing his obituary at 3-1 Novak in the 3rd and he stuck to his task. He's a genuine phenom. He's rebutted Novak's hex too, which is huge for his record. Match-up my ass. It means nothing when you face a guy like Rafa. I remember when peeps were thinking the 7 in a row meant Novak had him.

Eh... :nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
#1 with a bullet!

Vamos :clap :clap :clap

no 1 with a bullet..in a few weeks..(still no2 rank)

but yes..the needle on the vamosometer is straining at its upper limits just now.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a done deal. And also, he's player of the year too, which he wouldn't have been had Novak won today...

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
It's a done deal. And also, he's player of the year too, which he wouldn't have been had Novak won today...

It is, but you know how close it was..... Novak almost had him in that third set.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
ricardo said:
Kieran said:

It is, but you know how close it was..... Novak almost had him in that third set.

He did! Until I sent the missus off to bed for being a jinx! :p

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
ricardo said:
Kieran said:

He did! Until I sent the missus off to bed for being a jinx! :p

Can't say anything other than congrats friend. I made a serious dent in the scotch supply tonight.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:

They were definitely playing for bragging rights on the year. I think it has to be Nadal.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ricardo said:
Kieran said:

They don't award trophies for that...

Well, actually, scratch that. They award runner-up trophies.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
ricardo said:
Kieran said:

You have a weird sense on what makes a match close. As soon as Nole handed that break back the match was completely over and anyone who has seen him play the last couple years could see what was coming. Anyways, that was about as easy of a 4 setter as Rafa could have dreamed of.