Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all here

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Have a good one folks. Enjoy the season.

Christmas-card_not-raw-FINAL-1.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wishing you all the best for 2019.

IMG_2690 (1).jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Merry Christmas to all of you (yes, even to all those irritating Nadalites too; you know if you are one such or an ordinary Nadalite).

Reactions: britbox

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Merry Xmas & a happy New Year!

This year instead of just saying Merry Xmas &/ sharing a poem too I've decided to share a song. I hope you enjoy.

Reactions: britbox and Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
All my best wishes for my on line friends on this board.

Hell, even for the non friends too (well, for them, not all my best wishes but some 75% of it).

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

Horsa

Reactions
Merry Xmas Everyone!

I won't just share my greetings or share a Xmas poem this year. I've decided to do something else instead so I'll share this song. I hope you enjoy.

Horsa

Reactions
T
All my best wishes for my on line friends on this board.

Hell, even for the non friends too (well, for them, not all my best wishes but some 75% of it).
That's very nice & forgiving of you. It's easy to tell you're not Mr. Scrooge before his visitations. Lol.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We had two threads running, so I merged them and moved them into Mens Tennis, which is the most popular forum section.

Horsa

Reactions
Good ole Shaky... the welsh Elvis ;)
I love the song. The 1st time I heard it I was at the Mayor's Xmas party. The best 2 children in each class in Middle School were invited & I received an invite. I got invited 2 years on the trot. I really enjoyed myself.

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't know Shaking Stephens was Welsh. ;0)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love the song. The 1st time I heard it I was at the Mayor's Xmas party. The best 2 children in each class in Middle School were invited & I received an invite. I got invited 2 years on the trot. I really enjoyed myself.

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't know Shaking Stephens was Welsh. ;0)

Yeah, Shaky is from Cardiff, where I was born. He churned out a string of hits in the 80s.

So... what does Christmas mean to people? Traditions etc? I've always enjoyed it personally but I'm sure some people can't wait for it to be over.

We have a slightly different Christmas experience in Oz... much more laid back... nice feast of meats, salads, seafood... whereas in the UK it all centred around a big hot roast turkey dinner. We do church on Christmas Eve here (was Christmas Day in the UK), although I appreciate most people don't bother with the religious side of it these days. When I was a youngster it also meant serious drinking with your pals on Christmas Eve (probably only second to New Years Eve as a pre-determined "session on the piss")... best christmases for me were when I was a kid and also when my own kids were young enough to believe in Santa... magical times. Anybody loathe Christmas?

Also remember @Mastoor I think (or maybe @Billie) advising that as Serbs they celebrate on a different date in line with their church.

Horsa

Reactions
Yeah, Shaky is from Cardiff, where I was born. He churned out a string of hits in the 80s.

So... what does Christmas mean to people? Traditions etc? I've always enjoyed it personally but I'm sure some people can't wait for it to be over.

We have a slightly different Christmas experience in Oz... much more laid back... nice feast of meats, salads, seafood... whereas in the UK it all centred around a big hot roast turkey dinner. We do church on Christmas Eve here (was Christmas Day in the UK), although I appreciate most people don't bother with the religious side of it these days. When I was a youngster it also meant serious drinking with your pals on Christmas Eve (probably only second to New Years Eve as a pre-determined "session on the piss")... best christmases for me were when I was a kid and also when my own kids were young enough to believe in Santa... magical times. Anybody loathe Christmas?

Also remember @Mastoor I think (or maybe @Billie) advising that as Serbs they celebrate on a different date in line with their church.
I remember Shaking Stephens songs though I was more of a Cliff Richard, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Bucks Fizz & Bananarama fan in the '80s.

I learnt to sing at an early age & was taught Carols from a young age. I was brought up a Protestant so used to go to church but as a teenager I became an agnostic & as an adult I turned atheist.

We start by writing & sending cards, sometimes we go to parties, Xmas events & dinner & dances. We put up our Xmas tree & get out our singing Santa's & Rudolph's. I've been to a Xmas dinner & dance this year. We also buy, send & receive presents. We get the Xmas shopping in & alcohol in.

I read Charles Dickens Xmas books & we always watch Scrooge & White Xmas. We open our presents & sing Carols. We now wear Xmas jumpers too. We have a roast turkey dinner followed by Xmas pudding & custard for me, (Dad used to have this too but since he became diabetic he can't so just has fruit & nuts) & Mother has Xmas cake & custard. Mother eats mince pies. I have a few drinks. I've started on the Bucks fizz already.

Xmas is better when you've got children &/ pets as they get so excited.

That's interesting. I know pagans celebrate Xmas on a different day too. They celebrate on the Winter Solstice which is the longest day of the year & they call it Yule. We buy & eat Yule logs too. They celebrated it way before Christianity came into being.

Last edited: