Were you happy with the Slam finals this year ?

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
AO: Serbia Novak Djokovic def. United Kingdom Andy Murray, 6–7(2–7), 7–6(7–3), 6–3, 6–2
FO: Spain Rafael Nadal [3] def. Spain David Ferrer [4] 6–3, 6–2, 6–3
Wimbledon: United Kingdom Andy Murray def. Serbia Novak Djokovic, 6–4, 7–5, 6–4
USO: Spain Rafael Nadal def. Novak Djokovic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1

I dont think any of them were as close as it should have been

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I was thrilled skinny with half of 'em! :D

N

NADAL2005RG

That last point of the 3rd set of this here US Open final was the greatest moment in sports history, and that alone makes this the best year of grand slam finals, even though I had no interest in the AO final and Wimbledon final.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Frankly I didn't enjoy any of them that much. Tonight's final had 2 great sets though. Wimbledon final this year was particularly crap when only one guy showed up to play, or wait weren't most of the finals like that this year?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No classics this year IMO, although as a Brit, I was happy to see Murray finally end the hoodoo at Wimbledon.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This was the best match, sets 2 and 3 in particular. None were classics though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
All were actually disappointing and only the RG match was truly expected to be a dud. AO was probably the 2nd best of them.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
That last point of the 3rd set of this here US Open final was the greatest moment in sports history, and that alone makes this the best year of grand slam finals, even though I had no interest in the AO final and Wimbledon final.

Sarcasim really has its limits mate :nono Not funny at all :nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
AO....YES
FO....NO (sf was real final)
W.....YES (andyyyyyy)
USO..YES

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
I did not attend any, but the vibe at Wimbledon seemed amazing. There appeared to be a buzz in the stadium that day.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:

At least you're not hyperbolic. I don't think it was the greatest moment in sport this year. Let alone history. Anyway, i'm quite pleased with how the finals went. My guy won two of them and i was really happy for Murray. Quality wise they weren't necessarily classics though.

N

NADAL2005RG

The flare guy is the greatest crowd-related incident (Roland Garros final) I've ever seen, and the final point of the 3rd set (US Open final) is the greatest sporting moment I've ever seen.
flare.jpg

2013 is definitely my favorite year in world history.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Well, my 2 favourite players won 3 of them so I'm pretty happy.

Australian Open - Gutted as I think Andy could have won if he had played better in the semis.

French Open - with no Andy I was 100% behind Rafa but I would have been happy for Ferrer if he had won.

Wimbledon - my greatest sporting moment of all time. I cried all day. A very happy Murray fan and a proud Scot and Brit. If I could have picked only one slam for Andy it would have been this one.

US Open - Gutted to see Andy go out in the quarters and not defend his title. Would have loved a Murray v Nadal final. Happy for Rafa though.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^yea..andy winning was all time amazing..:cool:

i even got my mum to watch the whole match.."this hasn't happened since the year before you were born mum:D..you want to be watching this you do." .:p

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Of the finals, this was probably the best, no? (Forgive me if I wasn't paying enough attention to the AO this year.)

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Of the finals, this was probably the best, no? (Forgive me if I wasn't paying enough attention to the AO this year.)

I think this was the best. Rafa v. Novak produce much better tennis no matter who wins. It is the premier rivalry.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:

Yes, 2013 has certainly been a bright point for "world history." Murder, crimes against humanity, economic crisis, wars, chemical attacks... Plus, a flare guy invading the court and Nadal winning the last point of his 3rd set with Novak Djokovic.

N

NADAL2005RG

Broken_Shoelace said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Yes, 2013 has certainly been a bright point for "world history." Murder, crimes against humanity, economic crisis, wars, chemical attacks... Plus, a flare guy invading the court and Nadal winning the last point of his 3rd set with Novak Djokovic.

And Nadal became the first man in world history to win slams for 9 years in a row.
rg2013semi.jpg

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
AO F wasn't too good. And the only nice thing in the RG F was that for the first time since Wim '10 we had a non-Big Four player in a GS F, and unfortunately there wasn't much Ferrer could do there.

Wimby F got a lot of attention as Murray ended UK's draught but as a match it wasn't very special. USO F was good for three sets, unfortunately the 4th set wasn't too competitive.