General News Snippets from the Tour

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
if those Serbians never stop to make you quizzed, don't worry, you are not alone.

Tipsarevic is on a winning streak of 10 wins, that's twice 5 wins in each challenger he won in Thailand this month. He decided to play the challengers instead of playing Australian Open qualifications. Does anyone understand why?

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I've read in Serbian media that French media write about Nole signing up with Lacoste whom he will represent from mid this year. Does someone reading french news know anything about this? @isabelle ? They say he will be paid 15M p.a.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've read in Serbian media that French media write about Nole signing up with Lacoste whom he will represent from mid this year. Does someone reading french news know anything about this? @isabelle ? They say he will be paid 15M p.a.

Rumours that Nike are circling too... how would you feel about that? Heh, heh.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Rumours that Nike are circling too... how would you feel about that? Heh, heh.

Those were rumours (where is the emoticon for vomiting when you need it), but they say this is the real thing. I just wanted to check with someone reading French papers what they read about it.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Those were rumours (where is the emoticon for vomiting when you need it), but they say this is the real thing. I just wanted to check with someone reading French papers what they read about it.
It all seems to be in the realm of rumor. This from the French press: http://www.welovetennis.fr/economie/120060-djokovic-chez-lacoste
which puts in the bid for LaCoste. Spanish press is similarly rumor-filled but without conclusion. With the Uniqlo contract up, he's likely to go for the money and prestige. He wants to be on equal-footing with Federer and Nadal...I'm betting he goes with Nike.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
It all seems to be in the realm of rumor. This from the French press: http://www.welovetennis.fr/economie/120060-djokovic-chez-lacoste
which puts in the bid for LaCoste. Spanish press is similarly rumor-filled but without conclusion. With the Uniqlo contract up, he's likely to go for the money and prestige. He wants to be on equal-footing with Federer and Nadal...I'm betting he goes with Nike.

Is that the newest in French media? It is from November. They write as if the deal is done recently.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is that the newest in French media? It is from November. They write as if the deal is done recently.
From a scan of google.fr, that's the latest I can come up with. Seems like it's all rumor. We'll just have to wait and see which way he goes. But the Uniqlo contract is up. What would you like to see him do?

Reactions: Mastoor

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
From a scan of google.fr, that's the latest I can come up with. Seems like it's all rumor. We'll just have to wait and see which way he goes. But the Uniqlo contract is up. What would you like to see him do?

I'd like him to stay with Uniqlo and I believe that the Japanese richman will continue with his support. You know that when they decided to support Novak they said it was because he is a great human. They didn't expect anything from him.

If that doesn't work I'd like him to represent some European non-mainstream but classy brand like Lacoste or Ellesse or Fila. Fila can even dress him into retro Borg shirt if he signs with them. Do you remember that one? Or they can make a special new one for Djoker.

Reactions: Moxie

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
would like to see him with more boutique brands, more special. if he follows Fedal's foot steps, nike this and nike that, it's almost like uniform that everyone is wearing.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd like him to stay with Uniqlo and I believe that the Japanese richman will continue with his support. You know that when they decided to support Novak they said it was because he is a great human. They didn't expect anything from him.

If that doesn't work I'd like him to represent some European non-mainstream but classy brand like Lacoste or Ellesse or Fila. Fila can even dress him into retro Borg shirt if he signs with them. Do you remember that one? Or they can make a special new one for Djoker.
I could totally see him in that retro Borg Fila...perhaps for RG? It'll be interesting to see what he decides to do.

Reactions: Mastoor

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stan out of Rotterdam (knee injury), Nadal"ll be seed N°1

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa has pulled out of Rotterdam, it's about time that he is taking better care with his schedule, he says that he needs to take a little more rest good decision!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa has pulled out of Rotterdam, it's about time that he is taking better care with his schedule, he says that he needs to take a little more rest good decision!
Oh, thank goodness. Once I realized he was going into Rotterdam at the same point in the calendar, and in the same circumstances as the 2009 AO, I was against it. I think it was the beginning of the end for his knees that year. Smart call.

Reactions: Carol

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ferrer out of IW(Achille's tendinitis)

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, Nole could miss Miami (still his tennis elbow)
Tsonga's out too 'cause his first child"ll show up soon

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, Nole could miss Miami (still his tennis elbow)
Tsonga's out too 'cause his first child"ll show up soon

It must be catching,Andy Murray also withdraws from Miami with a right elbow injury.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 771
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068