General News Snippets from the Tour

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Entiendo espanol, no te preocupes. Gracias, Muchacha! Mas si, son noticias muy malas.

It is not that I was doubting the people who posted it, but it is so strange that I wanted to check if nothing was lost on translation or in the mere hearsay process.
Understood, and I knew you could read Spanish. It really is odd news. I frankly don't understand in Spanish or English. The only option is to read between the lines, which kind of says that the wrists or something else is bothering him, but then: why the exhibition with Ferrer?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
^ugh, reading between the lines can lead to unpleasant conclusions. Given how I like the guy, I rather not think too much about it.

Maybe in an exhibition he can control the wrist. And maybe he needs the cash. Hope it is just that.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By any reading, the Del Potro news doesn't really make sense. He's worried that he's not fit enough for a Major, but he's playing an exhibition, and he did play the last two Majors. To me it seems mysterious.
really strange indeed, he's supposed to be a pro, to have a work ethic...his motivation's not clear for me

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Murray became Sir. Irony is that he is not even the most popular tennis player in the Queen's country.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Murray became Sir. Irony is that he is not even the most popular tennis player in the Queen's country.

Really? I hope that's not true. No tennis has done more for British tennis. Who do they say is the most popular tennis player? I can't think of anyone.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Really? I hope that's not true. No tennis has done more for British tennis. Who do they say is the most popular tennis player? I can't think of anyone.

In Britain? Federer is the most popular by far.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Very difficult to have an American favorite player, maybe some years ego.....:facepalm: :eek:

I know. And there doesn't seem to be any on the horizon either. It just ain't happening.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you meant of British players. Still, not cool on Britain's part, IMO.

Murray must be the most popular British player with no competition, you are right there, however they almost all seem mass-hypnotised in Federer personality cult.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Murray must be the most popular British player with no competition, you are right there, however they almost all seem mass-hypnotised in Federer personality cult.

That's true. Great Britain hasn't had a lot of tennis success that I can think of. I guess they had to pick someone, but are they really so lukewarm towards Andy? I have a problem believing the commentators. I'd rather hear it from someone who's experiencing it.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Is your favourite player American?

No. Who would I pick? We haven't had a phenom since Pete. But when Andy Roddick was doing well a lot of Americans did like him. Many people go by nationalities, or it appears that way to me. I'd just put more stock in things from the people, not the commentators. Too many agendas.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This interview is very funny and most in the minute 2:25 and Feli teaching Spanish :lulz1:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Here are the news

Novak's exhibition at Margaret Court Arena called A Night With Novak is about to start. If you thought of donating to NDF charity this is the right time.

New/old Serbian Davis Cup Team Captain is Nenad Zimonjic. He was already in that role in 2003 and 2004 when he was a player too.

Marcos Baghdatis told the reporters that last 5 years he is playing with a medical condition that makes him tired quickly. He was diagnosed only 2 years ago and since he's been treated he feels better. He's here with his family and daughters look like him.

Vemic and Vajda will swap each other in different tournaments depending on Novak's invitation. Vajda will be in Melbourne.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here are the news

Novak's exhibition at Margaret Court Arena called A Night With Novak is about to start. If you thought of donating to NDF charity this is the right time.

New/old Serbian Davis Cup Team Captain is Nenad Zimonjic. He was already in that role in 2003 and 2004 when he was a player too.

Marcos Baghdatis told the reporters that last 5 years he is playing with a medical condition that makes him tired quickly. He was diagnosed only 2 years ago and since he's been treated he feels better. He's here with his family and daughters look like him.

Vemic and Vajda will swap each other in different tournaments depending on Novak's invitation. Vajda will be in Melbourne.
poor Marcos, I didn't know he was ill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 784
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068