Eastbourne Invitational 2022, GBR, WTA 500

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did I miss it, or did anyone explain the black markings on Serena's face?
I did not hear anything about the black marks on Serena's face at all.
Just watching Serena's press conference, she still has the black markings on her face, they look like 'black tape' on her face to me

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I did not hear anything about the black marks on Serena's face at all.
Just watching Serena's press conference, she still has the black markings on her face, they look like 'black tape' on her face to me
Maybe it was left over from a playdate with Olympia

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes probably, play dough can be a Killer
I told you she needs to leave the offspring and spouse in Paris or wherever. Serena is preparing for battle. I didn't see General Patton parading hisfamily across Europe to fight the Axis armies.

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I told you she needs to leave the offspring and spouse in Paris or wherever. Serena is preparing for battle. I didn't see General Patton parading hisfamily across Europe to fight the Axis armies.
I am not going over the family issues again, Serena will be okay,.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matches Wednesday,interesting match ups,

Centre Court starting at 11am local time,

K.Boulter vs P.Kvitova (14)
B.Haddad Maia (15) vs J. Burrage.

Q/final doubles match between Jabeur/Williams vs H.Chan/S.Aoyama

Court 1,
G. Muguruza (5) yes she won a 1st rd match,amazing vs C.Girogi (12)

Not before 3.30pm
J. Ostapenko (6) vs M.Keys (11)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Court 1,
G. Muguruza (5) yes she won a 1st rd match,amazing vs C.Girogi (12)
:face-with-tears-of-joy: Indeed. Being a fan of Muguruza is not for the faint of heart. This reminds me of the old days of being a Safin fan. And not in a good way.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
:face-with-tears-of-joy: Indeed. Being a fan of Muguruza is not for the faint of heart. This reminds me of the old days of being a Safin fan. And not in a good way.
LOL! she is lucky she is still in the Top 10 and to think she has won Wimbledon, though days are well behind her sad to say

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I must give a Bat Call to AP...his girl Madison is paying Ostapenko, there probably be no fluff left on the balls after their match :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Did I miss it, or did anyone explain the black markings on Serena's face?
Was wondering same thing and did some Googling yesterday and apparently it's to ease a sinus problem. From a few angles, I thought she was getting a face tattoo like Mike Tyson.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ellentonboy

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Camilla beats Muguruza, despite 7 double faults. I don't know what is up with her serve, yesterday it was all the foot faults. She was lucky to get past Marino, to be honest I thought she would beat Muguruza today if she could just put the ball in play. So now she has LL Tomova, now watch Cami will fold like a house of cards because she is actually favored to win, at least on paper. We'll see, again I had to watch today's match on an iPhone, Tennis Channel appears to rather show Cam Norrie (nothing against him) over a former Wimbledon champion in Muguruza. Go figure!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Camilla beats Muguruza, despite 7 double faults. I don't know what is up with her serve, yesterday it was all the foot faults. She was lucky to get past Marino, to be honest I thought she would beat Muguruza today if she could just put the ball in play. So now she has LL Tomova, now watch Cami will fold like a house of cards because she is actually favored to win, at least on paper. We'll see, again I had to watch today's match on an iPhone, Tennis Channel appears to rather show Cam Norrie (nothing against him) over a former Wimbledon champion in Muguruza. Go figure!
Just about to post about that match, Garbine's season continues to go south, she also had her old wrist problem back again, I still feel with Garbine a lot of it is to do is 'mental' Camila wins 75 63, Garbine was ahead in that 1st set as well.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck for Madison Keys who had to retire in her match against Ostapenko, appears to be an abdominal injury, hoping she is okay for Winbledon.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena/Ons win the 1st set against Chan/Aoyama 62
Impressed with Aoyama, she is a short player and plays well, looked up her height she is just 5 foot 1in.
Pleasing aspect for Serena has been her serve she was down 15-40 and found 3 aces under pressure.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Impressed with Aoyama, she is a short player and plays well, looked up her height she is just 5 foot 1in.
Pleasing aspect for Serena has been her serve she was down 15-40 and found 3 aces under pressure.
Ons needs to quit being a pussycat at the net..If I was Serena I would tell her out the freaking ball way, quit being nice . Serena is serving like ole Serena. Excellente

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons needs to quit being a pussycat at the net..If I was Serena I would tell her out the freaking ball way, quit being nice . Serena is serving like ole Serena. Excellente
Leave Ons alone okay lol....agree Serena's serve has been like the Serena of old today

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to Serena/Ons they defeated the seasoned doubles pair of Chan/Aoyama 62 64 to make the s/finals at Eastbourne