Early Wimbledon Talk

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GSM only drinks these cans... so you'd better have a decent pile of cash in your Paypal account.

f3d2b2d02cb83d33f7cdadd93dc3a03f.jpg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't realize that Guinness was available to be shot out of a cannon. Best to come to NYC and have one at the oldest pub in town.
1200px-McSorley%27s_Old_Ale_House_001_crop.jpg

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I might have to miss Rafa's match today. Typically I wouldn't be upset about missing a second round match, but with Rafa at Wimbledon every match feels like a big deal, and it's always been like this for me (ie even before he started stinking up the joint there). Something is very special about this tournament and grass court tennis is the best. I wish we got more of it.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I might have to miss Rafa's match today. Typically I wouldn't be upset about missing a second round match, but with Rafa at Wimbledon every match feels like a big deal, and it's always been like this for me (ie even before he started stinking up the joint there). Something is very special about this tournament and grass court tennis is the best. I wish we got more of it.

So we'll all wish for a 27-25 on the fifth for you to be able to catch some good two hours of play.

Reactions: brokenshoelace

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Rafa is 2-0 against DYJr. Also, he has never lost a set. Further, 2015 was a bad year for Rafa and even in that year DY could not trouble him. So, don't be worried much. The only real troublesome matches for Rafa are at R3 and R4.

Reactions: brokenshoelace

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Rafa is 2-0 against DYJr. Also, he has never lost a set. Further, 2015 was a bad year for Rafa and even in that year DY could not trouble him. So, don't be worried much. The only real troublesome matches for Rafa are at R3 and R4.

Rafa was also in the midst of having a losing run against Nole; the 2nd time with 7 straight losses! Djokovic was at the height of his powers, not allowing sets to be dropped so not only Rafa, but everyone else had a bad season in comparison; save Roger losing finals of Wimbledon & USO! OTOH, 2015 surpassed Nole's 2011 by adding a 6th Masters, 2 other 1000 finals, 3 majors, and the YEC! He only succumbed to the relentless power of Wawrinka at the FO final! Rafa couldn't do anything while that was going on, but who could back then? That seasons was one for the ages, only eclipsed by Laver's CYGS in '69! :yesyes: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

I was watching highlights and it made me think, why was Young every treated like he might be a halfway decent player other than the fact that he's American? I know he did well on the Juniors tour but the guy has zero weapons.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has couple of easy rounds. Then comes Kachanov in R3, a difficult customer. In R4, Rafa will play against Karlovic/Rosol/Muller.
My pick for the guy who will send Rafa fishing in Mollarcoa this year is Gilles Muller (although there is some chance that Kachanov might have already done that job). I expect Cilic to win this quarter.

Good early call as soon as the draw came out!