Drugs in Sport - Cover Ups being uncovered

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But aren't you interested even a little bit what the limits of the human body can be? I mean we improve everything, don't we? The shoes , the surfaces, even more aerodynamic clothing...
To me, as long as the playing field is even, I am cool.
not really. To me it's the same as one competitor having better equipment than the other. It doesn't tell me he's better. And also it's impossible to identify with dopers really. Part of sports is vicariously experiencing the achievement with the one you support. When they're no longer human... it's not sports anymore in my eyes

Last edited:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
not really. To me it's the same as one competitor having better equipment than the other. It doesn't tell me he's better. And also it's impossible to identify with dopers really. Part of sports is vicariously experiencing the achievement with the one you support. When they're no long human... it's not sports anymore in my eyes
FINE, if you are going to be like that ! :lightning:

Reactions: Federberg

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The only confirmed juicer I kind of felt sorry for is Barry Bonds. Yeah I know it wasn't totally confirmed but uhhh his head turned into the size of Jupiter and he became probably the greatest force the game has ever seen at a very old age, even for baseball. He was saucing it up real fricken good!!

But in Bonds we are talking someone who was an all-time great before those days and he looked around the league and knew what was going on, they all did. You had guys with not even half his talent that were getting all the attention (mainly Sosa and McGwire). And so Bonds decided what the hell, I will show them. And he did.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would rather that didn't happen, but I'll say this about Ben Johnson... the fact that we later found out that 6 of the 8 finalists were doping at some point or another has always made me look at his malfeasance in a slightly more sympathetic way

Yeah, it's an interesting case. Johnson clearly isn't the smartest tool in the box and it seemed like he was used as a vehicle for more predatory elements. One thing I always found interesting was he said the drugs he got done for, were not the ones he was taking.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, it's an interesting case. Johnson clearly isn't the smartest tool in the box and it seemed like he was used as a vehicle for more predatory elements. One thing I always found interesting was he said the drugs he got done for, were not the ones he was taking.
lol! I always just put that down to the not the "smartest tool in the box" part of things. When I look back it's Carl Lewis's self righteousness that pisses me off the most

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
An influential 2013 paper by Berno Beuchel of the University of Hamburg explains illicit drug taking in sport is a universal problem.

Attachments

• MPRA_paper_44627.pdf
    529.4 KB · Views: 206