RIP in Sports

CandyGirl

Reactions
I'm still shocked that Jana Navotna passed away, she was my favourite female player.

Reactions: DarthFed

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I'm still shocked that Jana Navotna passed away, she was my favourite female player.
Me too. Cancer isn't picky though unfortunately & it can hit anyone at any time. It's a pestilential disease that destroys many people's lives & seems very painful from what I've seen & I saw an older Sister & aunt suffer from it before they died. I would love to see a cure for it someday.

CandyGirl

Reactions
Me too. Cancer isn't picky though unfortunately & it can hit anyone at any time. It's a pestilential disease that destroys many people's lives & seems very painful from what I've seen & I saw an older Sister & aunt suffer from it before they died. I would love to see a cure for it someday.
I agree. It claimed my father too. I saw him die from it.
I didn't know Jana was suffering from it, she was lovely.

Horsa

Reactions
I agree. It claimed my father too. I saw him die from it.
I didn't know Jana was suffering from it, she was lovely.
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's not nice to see people suffering from it. They just become a shadow of their former selves & you can tell they're suffering with how they look &/ sound depending on the type of cancer they're suffering from.

No one knew Jana was suffering from it until she decided she couldn't keep it to herself anymore & they made an announcement not long before she died. I agree. She did seem like a lovely person.

CandyGirl

Reactions
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's not nice to see people suffering from it. They just become a shadow of their former selves & you can tell they're suffering with how they look &/ sound depending on the type of cancer they're suffering from.

No one knew Jana was suffering from it until she decided she couldn't keep it to herself anymore & they made an announcement not long before she died. I agree. She did seem like a lovely person.
That's very sweet, thank you.
My dad went very quickly, he was diagnosed and died the same week, it's a blessing that he didn't have to go through chemo or have any surgery, but i do feel i've missed out on having my dad as i was 17 when he died, i'm 29 now.

Horsa

Reactions
That's very sweet, thank you.
My dad went very quickly, he was diagnosed and died the same week, it's a blessing that he didn't have to go through chemo or have any surgery, but i do feel i've missed out on having my dad as i was 17 when he died, i'm 29 now.
You're welcome.

That must have been such a shock to you. I can only imagine how you must have felt.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Kobe had one of his daughter's on board, Gianna,going to watch a basketball match,this was just on Twitter,still waiting for confirmation.Just tragic news.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Apparently Kobe had one of his daughter's on board, Gianna,going to watch a basketball match,this was just on Twitter,still waiting for confirmation.Just tragic news.
It's been confirmed. She was 13. They were going to watch a game. Traffic is so bad in L.A. that he routinely took a helicopter from his house to downtown L.A. Tragic news. I can only pray God will comfort his family and friends during this difficult time.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
- https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-helicopter-crash-southern-california/story?id=68545466 -

Kobe Bryant among 5 dead in helicopter crash in Southern California

Basketball legend Kobe Bryant is among five people who died in a helicopter crash in the wealthy Southern California residential neighborhood of Calabasas, ABC News has confirmed.

There were no survivors in the crash around 10 a.m. local time Sunday, fire officials said in a press conference. None of the other victims have been identified. (His 13 yo daughter was with him) :facepalm:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I saw that on ESPN. Pop has forever been a class act. :clap: I guess I'm a bit surprised they didn't cancel all of today's games.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would just like to add that Kobe was a great supporter of women's tennis my prayers go out to his family.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This may not mean a lot to everyone but maybe @MargaretMcAleer:

Kobe was fluent in Italian:

And also in Spanish:

A great basketball player, but a person also really open to the world.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer