Memorable sporting moments

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought it would be nice to have a threat that collects video clips of the most memorable sporting moments in history....

How's this to kick things off...

Reactions: britbox

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was the greatest era of boxing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
one of the most uncomfortable sporting situations I ever watched. You didn't want to, but you found yourself gripped. Still don't know if there will ever be a choke as epic as this...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ Lol mate. I watched most of the golf majors in those days and called that one! I went to Royal Lytham that year for the Open and Lehman just hung onto a big lead despite a big charge by Els.

Was the worst choke ever by Van de Velde?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Lol mate. I watched most of the golf majors in those days and called that one! I went to Royal Lytham that year for the Open and Lehman just hung onto a big lead despite a big charge by Els.

Was the worst choke ever by Van de Velde?
The Van de Velde one was just the shot from the pond right? But Norman was just slow motion torture.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Van da Velde went into the 18th knowing a double bogey would win the Open... so more than one shot. He ended up in the Barry Burn at Carnoustie. Finished with a triple bogey and ended up in a playoff that he lost. Yeah, Norman's collapse was slow torture... Van de Velde's was a mortal fit.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Steve Ovett v Seb Coe, 800m 1980 Moscow Olympics

Highly anticipated in the UK because these two were the best middle distance runners in the world at the time but avoided each other at all big meets... except of course at the Olympic Games. This was their big clash at the Olympic Games at Moscow.

They met again in the 1500m a few days later and Coe got revenge.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Corrales tko Castillo Lightweight Unification Fight.

Incredible fight and Round 10 was an amazing turnaround. One of the best ever rounds in boxing.

Reactions: Federberg
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 27